Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1452

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I never had that problem with UKPaperbackshop but had it with others (Xbiteworld on ebay). Bookdepository is the worst but the sadly they are the best option for the rest of Europe.
    Yeah, I can't get books for a normal price if it wasn't for bookdepo. Their aftersales is good though. If you don't except their offer they will send a new copy (and I don't have to send the damaged one back). You can also say that 30% isn't enough and that you'll except it if they up it to 50%. They'll probably agree with that too.

Extraordinary Member

Royal Mail are still insisting that they delivered my first package

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Yeah, I can't get books for a normal price if it wasn't for bookdepo. Their aftersales is good though. If you don't except their offer they will send a new copy (and I don't have to send the damaged one back). You can also say that 30% isn't enough and that you'll except it if they up it to 50%. They'll probably agree with that too.
    Refused the 30% and they offered to send out a new copy as you predicted. Thanks

In better news, my re-order of the Ennis Punisher Omni arrived from Amazon seller HOLBORN BOOKS & GIFTS. Triple wrapped with bubble wrap inside a sturdy box. Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Refused the 30% and they offered to send out a new copy as you predicted. Thanks

In better news, my re-order of the Ennis Punisher Omni arrived from Amazon seller HOLBORN BOOKS & GIFTS. Triple wrapped with bubble wrap inside a sturdy box. Thumbs up.
    You're welcome. I just had it myself with Low deluxe. Torn at the spine. They offered 25%. I declined. Now they send me a new one.

Incredible Member

I just got the Low deluxe edition. Easily the most damaged book I have ever gotten. Looks like it got wet and warped and someone stepped on it or something. Like the whole book is warped with ripples in the board covers. Dented in pages. Torn spine.
    Possible water damage. From Indigo.
    Here’s the thing. The box and other books it came with are pristine.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I just got the Low deluxe edition. Easily the most damaged book I have ever gotten. Looks like it got wet and warped and someone stepped on it or something. Like the whole book is warped with ripples in the board covers. Dented in pages. Torn spine.
    Possible water damage. From Indigo.
    Here’s the thing. The box and other books it came with are pristine.
    Clearly, it was damaged before they packed it. Just hassle for you to now get it replaced.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Clearly, it was damaged before they packed it. Just hassle for you to now get it replaced.
    It absolutely was. I have had books which seemed damaged before they shipped which could have been missed by a shipping person but this was something else. Last omnibus I got from them was perfect with better than normal packing so this was disappointing

Default :confused:

look what some person or robot at amazon did this week

20171113_191943a.jpg

i sent it back, filled out a complaint form, and contacted them via chat

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Has anyone ordered multiple books from Book etc? Thinking of ordering some from them as they seem to have good stock in compared to other places. Thought i would ask here before buying, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Has anyone ordered multiple books from Book etc? Thinking of ordering some from them as they seem to have good stock in compared to other places. Thought i would ask here before buying, thanks.
    I did but I don't remember how they arrived. I keep confusing them with Browns books. It must have been at least an okay experience cause I usually remember a horrible packaging or delivery time.

By Book, do you mean bookdepository, or am I missing another great site?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    By Book, do you mean bookdepository, or am I missing another great site?
    BOOKSetc.co.uk they also sell through amazon

Astonishing Member

I recieved Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus:1 from Book Depository,arrived in the business days mentioned in the web site.So no complains about the Shipping
    But the book itself is missing a small bit of the top corner in 4 pages.Will send them a e-mail with the pictures about this,seems to be a odd fault in the book.
    Besides that the book is in good contitions,just one corner is slightly bended but not much,must be because of the plastic that is wraped around the book.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I recieved Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus:1 from Book Depository,arrived in the business days mentioned in the web site.So no complains about the Shipping
    But the book itself is missing a small bit of the top corner in 4 pages.Will send them a e-mail with the pictures about this,seems to be a odd fault in the book.
    Besides that the book is in good contitions,just one corner is slightly bended but not much,must be because of the plastic that is wraped around the book.
    I would absolutely request a replacement as you seemed to have a received a defect copy. The slightly bent corner may just be OK but not those chipped paper corners. I hope you get a positive reply.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would absolutely request a replacement as you seemed to have a received a defect copy. The slightly bent corner may just be OK but not those chipped paper corners. I hope you get a positive reply.
    If it was just a slightly bended corner i would not bother to e-mail them.
    But the 4 pages missing a bit of the top corner is disapointing,it was the first time i ordered a book by them.
    I already e-mailed them explaining the situation,and it was shortly answered with them asking for pictures of the pages with the damage.
    So now i will have to take the pictures to send them.
    Other than that the shipping and costumer service from book depository seem good.