Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Powergirl's soul is stuck in another dimension, after getting locked in there on accident. Because she ran into the original Powergirl. I don't think any of those things will help much in her case. Nu-Wally is back with the Teen Titans, for however long that will last with No Justice coming up.

But everyone else? Yeah...

A couple months of nothing but family therapy, hot cocoa, herbal tea, etc is called for here.
    True, true, hopefully someone rescues the Powergirls (or they rescue themselves), they deserve better. I haven't been reading Teen Titans, so I didn't know Nu-Wally went back to them. Oh well, I liked him enough, but he wasn't my favorite. I still have the Wilson family who put the 'fun' in dysfunctional .

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yes, he did. But at this point, I'm really not sure which way Slade will spring. I was dead certain he'd just killed Claire when I read the preview, but now that you mention the fake bullets, I'm less so...probably good to have that real uncertainty about Slade. If we always know he'll kill, then it's less tense. I think?
    True. I kinda feel like because Claire is an innocent, Priest won't have Slade kill her, but then again, he did kill a dog, so who knows. I do like the uncertainty with Slade, if we could predict him actions either way, it'd be less interesting.

Well, so much went down, it felt a little rush just to jump into this next Batman arc but at the same time, I expected everything to be wrppaed in one issue anyway so...

So much stuff happened, I'm upset with Wintergreen ...been upset since he teamed up with Adeline, speaking of Adeline, I don't think she's the person who is gonna start the conflict between Slade and Batman with the paternity test, I feel like Adeline feels she's "done" now ...at least until Slade is out and starts doing what he does again.

I like the new information about Rose's sword but I don't care for the possession, I still would rather it be a split personality thing than a possession and I don't know if we have the answer to Etienne's death ...I feel like we do but at the same time we don't b/c Jericho didn't to believe Rose.

The White Lotus, I'm confused about why he would stop and not kill Rose ...not that I wanted him to, but I mean I understand that's the whole point since Rose was also confused about the situation.

I liked Kenan but ultimately he didn't need to be there although I guess he did show the reach White Lotus has in China.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I tend to agree - it felt a bit too rushed. And I never had enough engagement with Rose's "husband" to really care that she's growing to care about him, sadly. I do hope that Priest isn't dropping everything for Batman v. Deathstroke - but since he says it's the culmination of 2 years, I think there's likely going to be some stuff from the last 30 issues in the next arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Definitely a bit rushed and I'm disappointed in Wintergreen for working with Adeline to lock Slade up.

I liked this one. So many things happen issue after issue, that with the monthly schedule is hard to keep track and remember everything, someday I should go and give the whole run another reading. The plot of Slade losing his head caught me by surprise, was it ever mentioned before or just hinted in this issue for the first time?
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I liked this one. So many things happen issue after issue, that with the monthly schedule is hard to keep track and remember everything, someday I should go and give the whole run another reading. The plot of Slade losing his head caught me by surprise, was it ever mentioned before or just hinted in this issue for the first time?
    Slade hallucinating Wintergreen is a very interesting plot point. I don't know if it's hinted at so much as slowly built up over time. The idea of a Wintergreen without a conscience was probably a very early clue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

I guess we can now add Slade's name to Arkham's illustrious history

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    Definitely a bit rushed and I'm disappointed in Wintergreen for working with Adeline to lock Slade up.
    Wintergreen understands that Slade is too far gone and needs to be locked up for everyone's sake, while Adeline wanted Slade locked up for revenge. Locking him up in Arkham is a bad idea, Slade will probably take it over in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wintergreen understands that Slade is too far gone and needs to be locked up for everyone's sake, while Adeline wanted Slade locked up for revenge. Locking him up in Arkham is a bad idea, Slade will probably take it over in a few weeks.
    Wintergreen's attitude feels similar to Jessica Jones in the first season of the Netflix show - yes, she could probably try to mitigate Killgrave's evil by serving as his external conscience, but why is that her job? Why is it Wintergreen's job to advocate for doing the right thing to Slade after likely decades of being ignored?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Slade was always insane, this is just the first time a writer openly admits it.

Slade was always insane, this is just the first time a writer openly admits it.
    How do you mean, insane? I don't know that Priest is saying that Slade was always insane, just that he has developed a hallucination (a kind of insanity) over the course of these two years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    How do you mean, insane? I don't know that Priest is saying that Slade was always insane, just that he has developed a hallucination (a kind of insanity) over the course of these two years.
    A sane person would not have done any of the things Slade did throughout this series.

A sane person would not have done any of the things Slade did throughout this series.
    I don't see that "insane" and "evil" are the same thing. I think sometimes an insane person does something evil, but I think plenty of sane people do evil things. And I think Slade has done many things motivated by evil - greed, apathy, hatred - that weren't driven by a hallucination or disconnection from reality.

Yes, Slade does was he does or rather did what he did for money, that's not insanity, you could argue he may have a disorder as he doesn't feel any guilt towards his victims and only feels that way with his family and friends.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yes, Slade does was he does or rather did what he did for money, that's not insanity, you could argue he may have a disorder as he doesn't feel any guilt towards his victims and only feels that way with his family and friends.
    I don't know that it's even a disorder, since Wintergreen already told Rose that Slade's not a psychopath. I think he's just a very damaged person who has made the decision to do evil. He's a fascinating, compelling character, and I LOVE the way Priest writes him, but I don't think he's driven by insanity, though I do think he currently has some element of insanity with the hallucination of Wintergreen. I'm really curious to see how that plays in with Batman v Deathstroke!