Page 167 of 269 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4021

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Oh, I'm with you. Trust me. That's a trope I'd love to see vanishing into the aether.

Sadly, it does make a lot of sense to a lot of people that Lois, a totally normal human woman, can't help but feel intimidated by Wonder Woman: a stunningly beautiful woman with superpowers who also happens to be a princess to a race of mythical superwomen. Typically the "cattiness" just tends to come from Lois, who feels like she's got something to prove. Diana, usually, is more than happy to be friendly and polite toward Lois. It's Lois who typically needs to accept that Diana isn't a rival, and that there's no reason why the two of them can't be friends.

I hope that they won't go that way. Or if it happens, then I hope it's as short as possible. As in "resolved before the movie heads into the third act" short.
    Oh Lois! Hopefully Amy Adams will manage to downplay that side of the character

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Oh Lois! Hopefully Amy Adams will manage to downplay that side of the character
    Amy Adams already said no love triangle.

Ultimate Member

IDK where people keep getting the "love triangle" idea anyway. Because SM/WW are dating in the comics, well these aren't the comics. And Snyder went to a lot of trouble to set up with Superman/Lois thing in MOS. Heck we don't even know what WW's role in this movie will be period (apparently Gal got the job because she had good chemistry with Ben Affleck, according to one report anyway).

And I don't see Lois, and certainly not Amy Adam's Lois, as the type of person to be "intimidated" that easily. She wasn't intimidated by Superman, she wasn't intimidated by Faora (who was certainly physically attractive, if not a little psychotic), she wasn't even really intimidated by General Zod. I do not see why WW of all people would be any different?

Extraordinary Member

Anybody seen this?

Wonder Woman // a short by Rainfall Films - YouTube

or
    Wonder Woman short film, starring Rileah the Vanderbilt and directed by Sam Balcomb
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucWkv3OytNA

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    IDK where people keep getting the "love triangle" idea anyway. Because SM/WW are dating in the comics, well these aren't the comics. And Snyder went to a lot of trouble to set up with Superman/Lois thing in MOS. Heck we don't even know what WW's role in this movie will be period (apparently Gal got the job because she had good chemistry with Ben Affleck, according to one report anyway).

And I don't see Lois, and certainly not Amy Adam's Lois, as the type of person to be "intimidated" that easily. She wasn't intimidated by Superman, she wasn't intimidated by Faora (who was certainly physically attractive, if not a little psychotic), she wasn't even really intimidated by General Zod. I do not see why WW of all people would be any different?
    Well, "intimidated" may be the wrong word. Lois tends to feel threatened by Diana, because Diana looks exactly like the kind of person who could easily take Clark away from her. It's an insecurity thing, more than anything else. The important thing is that Lois tends to overcome those issues and she and Diana go on to become friends. But in their initial relationship, Lois has a hard time not seeing Diana as an impossible standard to which she can't match up.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Anybody seen this?
    Yeah, they were posted some time ago. I do like the Rainfall one, though. Long since marked as a favourite.

BANNED

To be fair, there are strong indications they'll be using the nu-52 origin for WW, so it's not too far a leap to wonder what else they'll use from the current series for movie Diana.

BANNED

Didn't Amy say in an interview about BvS that there was no love triangle?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    Amy Adams already said no love triangle.
    Oh, well, there you go.

I think she only said that she hope there will be no love triangle.

Nothing is really confirmed (not even the hint about the origin) at this point. Only sure things we know are in the trailer and in the synopsis. Well, we know the costumes too.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Didn't Amy say in an interview about BvS that there was no love triangle?
    I'd rather see them as the best of friends, like in the old Continuity. It COULD work with them being together, but it won't work because they are devoted to whoever they are dating/married to.
    Richard Alexander

Considering it was Gal's reading with Bruce that got her the part. I'm beginning to feel they're gonna go the Justice League route or have Diana already committed with Steve who is apparently Chris Pine

I don't see any romantic implications in this film at all. Even Lois and Clark, which has already been established, I'm sure won't get as much time in this picture since its not a direct MOS sequel. In regards to Wonder Woman though? Expect absolutely nothing outside a brief Hollywood flirty moment or something with someone. There's not going to be any time for that stuff for the two main stars of the movie, much less someone with a designed smaller role. They'll wait for the romantic angle with Steve in her own movie.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Also i doubt that for the first time Diana is on film that she would be involved romantically with Batman or Superman. It would demeaning for her if either happen. For The DCCU Diana and Steve, Clark and Lois,and Batman and who ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    Also i doubt that for the first time Diana is on film that she would be involved romantically with Batman or Superman. It would demeaning for her if either happen. For The DCCU Diana and Steve, Clark and Lois,and Batman and who ever.
    And....with MoS being a reboot, we wouldn't see Supes neck-snapping anyone too soon.....oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Well, "intimidated" may be the wrong word. Lois tends to feel threatened by Diana, because Diana looks exactly like the kind of person who could easily take Clark away from her. It's an insecurity thing, more than anything else. The important thing is that Lois tends to overcome those issues and she and Diana go on to become friends. But in their initial relationship, Lois has a hard time not seeing Diana as an impossible standard to which she can't match up.
    Which is funny, because that's pretty much exactly what Amy Adams said about Gal Gadot the first time she saw her in the costume!!! That's interesting!!!

"I can’t really say! But I will say that Gal looks really, really good in that costume. I was like, really? They make them like you? That’s awesome… For you. I’m really happy for you. Not so much for me. But, Lois is a mortal."

and then

"Well, I was doing a Superman [movie] — my part is mostly there. But it was really fun to get to play with these other characters that were coming in, and get to have Gal [Gadot] there, and get to have another girl on set."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-...ume-68778.html
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.