Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I hope Legacy League isn't an actual team name, because it's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I hope Legacy League isn't an actual team name, because it's terrible.
    Justice Legacy would have been better if they weren’t going to let them be the Justice League.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m aware that he’s no longer the company man he once was, and the outcome of Dark Crisis was never really in doubt, but there’s something vaguely unappealing about actively screwing over another writers book before it’s even
    To be honest though, other than spoiling a part of the ending, how is Johns really screwing over what Williamson is doing beyond just piggybacking off the inevitable end of his plot?

Astonishing Member

I don't know, maybe I'm being dramatic, but from my point of view, if DC doesn't make them Justice League at least for a short run, but some separate team (Legacy League, Justice League, etc), it will just be another confirmation that they don't really consider them seriously anymore. Teams outside of JL and SS in DC usually don't do well. Even Titans, despite their popularity.

Oh, and I guess Johns is still going with Martin Stein being a bad guy from Doomsday Clock, which I hated.

Astonishing Member

Legacy League isn't the name. They will just be JL spin-off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, and I guess Johns is still going with Martin Stein being a bad guy from Doomsday Clock, which I hated.
    Considering he’s this is the first time Manhattan’s been addressed by name in a while (Williamson had his image appear but danced a six foot radius around naming him) and it’s leading into a JSA arc with Ozymandis’ number one fangirl as the enemy, the Doomsday Clock stuff will continue

Not to mention it’s really the only the thing Firestorm has got going on right now. I mean aside from appearing in splash pages, group shots, and covers what is firestorm really doing?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not to mention it’s really the only the thing Firestorm has got going on right now. I mean aside from appearing in splash pages, group shots, and covers what is firestorm really doing?
    Even though it also screws up Firestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even though it also screws up Firestorm.
    I mean really only the background of one half of the character and the two characters relationship
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean really only the background of one half of the character and the two characters relationship
    Which is, like, the whole foundation of Firestorm .

At this point I’ve found Flashpoint Beyond way more interesting than Dark Crisis. Dark Crisis has been kind of paint by numbers event book. At least FB is introducing some new concepts, even if they are quite convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I mean if you want a real example of Johns taking shots:

This was as blunt and in your face as it can get lol. And he wrote this in an issue co-written with Scott Snyder! I do think Johns doesn’t care about these events anymore, and to be honest part of why I might not be seeing it as a shot is I don’t particularly care about the “infinite Multiverse” or the JL “dying” either, both are complete nothingburgers.
    Reading Superboy Primes’ rant…

8F614FD2-E739-4B94-AE5B-8E7489EB3661.jpg
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-02-2022 at 10:10 PM.

It’s a good summation of how space and time work in the DCU, so I’m good with it.

Hehe... "Kord Talk" instead of "Ted Talk." I get it.... that made me chuckle.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    At this point I’ve found Flashpoint Beyond way more interesting than Dark Crisis. Dark Crisis has been kind of paint by numbers event book. At least FB is introducing some new concepts, even if they are quite convoluted.
    100% agreed. As for the legacy league or whatever, we'll see. Just don't care about omniverse-shattering giga mega events.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Reading Superboy Primes’ rant…

8F614FD2-E739-4B94-AE5B-8E7489EB3661.jpg
    Exactly.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)