Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    And as usual, I think you are 100 percent wrong.
    Fair enough opinion to have. You've just been firing off a lot of statements seemingly as objective fact; just wanted to address that they very much are not.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-13-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The Nathaniel Dusk movie was no accident
    I'm glad someone else finally noticed it, I was starting to go crazy lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

After this issue, I'm convinced that when Jon told his parents that Jor-El is crazy, he meant that he's in need of help, not someone malicious.

I really had the feeling that Jor was an senile old man, lost in a world he doesn't comprehend, but with the powers of a God and extremely Advanced technology at his beck and call.

So, Jon and Clark have to do something about him because he is dangerous for himself and other in spite of his good heart and intentions.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I got rid of my Oz Effect issues a while ago. Can anyone refresh my memory of what actually occurred in that story?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I got rid of my Oz Effect issues a while ago. Can anyone refresh my memory of what actually occurred in that story?
    Grandpa Jor-El was the head of a nihilistic cult which spread death and destruction and hate around, to prove that humans were unworthy of Kal-El and that he and his family had to ditch Earth.

However, he was insane and controlled by Manhattan (strongly implied) and saw the errors of his ways before being plucked by our dear blue naked Doctor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Yeah, I'm just reasoning that if they're continuing to place Bendis stories as important to the current DCU, then he's not going anywhere. It also means what he does will eventually affect other books and characters. The longer he's on the books, the harder it will be to fix things.

And he's said he's already got next year planned.
    True the longer this lasts it may be harder to fix. Especially since Jon is such a new character. Which is why It's important to communicate dissatisfaction with the changes now. I don't want to lose Jon, the marriage and the possibilty of more Supersons without a fight at least.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I don't have much problems with Bendis either, but I do wish he could take more risks with Superman and his community. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think Bendis has played it safe with Superman's relationships with his wife and son. Sure, they separated for a while and they are back together and have made it clear that whatever challenges they face, they will have each other's back. I'm sure people who enjoy the family dynamics will like this development (even if Superboy is a teenager), but in my opinion, Bendis is trying to have his cake and eat it too by changing Superboy but not really changing him.

In this issue, Superman and Lois feel like they have lost a kid, but the truth is they didn't lose their son. Sure, they missed all the crucial moments in Jon's development and they have to get to know their son all over again, but they want to remain optimistic and offer hope to their son, who is beating himself up for leaving his parents in favor of a grandfather he barely knows. I guess Superboy was more excited about the idea of being his grandfather than being more excited about his grandfather himself.

I am looking forward to see the story reach a climax and Bendis does seem to hint at a confrontation between Superman and Jor-El over the fate of Superboy.
    While can see some possible short term potential in this story, Long term I very much want Lois and Clark to rescue their time-lost son back at his actual appropriate age via time travel or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    True the longer this lasts it may be harder to fix. Especially since Jon is such a new character. Which is why It's important to communicate dissatisfaction with the changes now. I don't want to lose Jon, the marriage and the possibilty of more Supersons without a fight at least.
    Then I hope that people like me will have more voice to actually save teen Jon, who is an actually interesting character, and prevent him from being regressed to the unidimensional and extremely boring kid he was, who had (and still has) a very toxic effect on a more established character (Damian).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Then I hope that people like me will have more voice to actually save teen Jon, who is an actually interesting character, and prevent him from being regressed to the unidimensional and extremely boring kid he was, who had (and still has) a very toxic effect on a more established character (Damian).
    You haven't said anything that makes him a radically different take from the original.he is still being written similar to how jurgens used to.The only difference is Age,more experience in general, some space sounds mixed in dialogue . If he was unidimensional and extremely boring then, he sure as hell should be now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'm glad someone else finally noticed it, I was starting to go crazy lol
    Miles pointed it out in the general Bendis thread too, its probably just an Easter egg like the Titans one from the beginning of the book but I’m taking it as a hint this is tied together!

Why are people putting spoiler tags in discussion/ spoiler thread

?????

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I really enjoyed the issue.

So much to like. Superman needing things to punch. Punches Mongul. Liked Lois here. Art is splendid. Jor-El is more interesting then i thought. Loved to see Green Lanterns. Great art. And an excellent cliffhanger.

Jon is very likeable here. As a fan of Jon Kent, i am very satisfied.

Hopefully, this grows into the United Planets thing. Bendis has more then made up for this month's Action. That issue was good in places but it felt like a dissapointment for me.
    I agree with all this. Its been months, i know but the art looks so good on the new paper

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...an-8-spoilers/
    Oh good, you know this run is doing wonders for Superman’s character when you have articles about what an dumbass Clark has been in this bullshit run. We need a new creative team.

Heaven help all comics if Bleeding Cool making fun of something in a run now is now the indicator of pass/fail. They poke fun of everything. I'm quite sure Superman's rep is the same as it ever was.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-14-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Heaven help all comics if Bleeding Cool making fun of something in a run now is now the indicator of pass/fail. They poke fun of everything. I'm quite sure Superman's rep is the same as it ever was.
    Frankly, I don’t think Superman’s current rep is particularly good at all. And this current run seems to be part of the problem rather than solution. Bendis is making a fool out of Clark. And as a fan, I don’t appreciate it and want a change.

How though? What has Jor El done that’s made a fool out of them? Everyone with that opinion is basing it on Oz. Not what’s actually in the story we are seeing.