Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Briefly, Sig catches sight of something moving on the roof of the terminal....but its too far away for her to pick up who. She'd have to get closer for that.

Both gazes were drawn skyward, where the flash of something red passed overhead.

~~~

Above them, Meryl was humming a energetic tune as she danced across the narrow metal beams and unbroken glass.....Her steps landed without so much as a vibration in the material, or a crack of glass. It was almost as if she had to weight to her at all, a blood phantom in the wind.

Finding a spot next to the cracked window, the woman crouched down...balanced on the edge while trailing her finger along her sword edge and passing her view over the crowd.
    I see you...

The folding chair fell beside her, Kinu gripping it by its legs, and as Owen continued his negotiations, she kept her masked view straight behind him.

It was a daunting view there, on top of the cage. Didn't seem like her first time either with how light she was on her feet. From one hunter to another, it seemed they shared an appreciation for a view above.

Kinu passed her view around the terminal. Stacks of angled tables up to the walkways. Rows of long ladders hooked into the support girders. And...chairs, stacked every which way.

Surely, Meryl could see it too, the disheveled state of the Skyport terminal she and the A-9ers had set up before they took their long trek down. But when you're used to catching bugs to squish, you don't take account more than a surface value; what you want to see is what you get.

Locking eyes with her, Kinu raised a hand, and wagged a finger in warning...

Rhea arrives back at Jacob's location, and Jacob grabs his weapons and equips them." You did well retrieving my weaponry you hallucination," Jacob said.

" Seriously stop calling me a hallucination," Rhea said.

" Hey, did I ever tell you how much a fucking hate witches?" Jacob said.

" Yeah, I know you hate witches," Rhea said.

Jacob looks at the witch he can see from his viewpoint with intense hatred in his eyes.

Tactical throwing knives.

https://latestthrowingknives.files.w...ng-knives.jpeg

Pistol (Beretta M9 with silencer)

https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL17.../387114246.jpg

Sniper rifle ( McMillan TAC-50 sniper rifle.)

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-17-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

“ Whelp. So much talking and foot work. One way or another. Well I still have my own big gun in mind. For now just see how it looks.”

So far, not good, not good at all. But was on Kinus flank incase they try to blind side her. Yes this pro wrestler woman helped make things real, his actions made it worse. But damnit, gotta keep a trope going.

Besides this will make one hell of a story.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He tilts his head to the side.

Madness Maze.

“You know me, I’m flattered. Knowing my file you must know then that my mind is not....easily played with. Mother taught me better than to have weak thoughts. According to Article 3, Section 2, Paragraph Seven of Civilian Rights and Regulations, attempting to play with the mind of a duly appointed representative of the law is a crime. I qualify last time I counted as a licensed Private Investigator and Police Consulter. You wouldn’t be breaking the law yourself would you, Madame?”
    "I haven't an idea of what your referring to." Vivianne looked puzzled for a moment. "Though....aren't you dashing clever sort.......quoting the civilian right and regulations charter like it means anything to me." She shurgs in amusement. "....oh dear, I must confess I never read that one....or perhaps I merely forgot the contents."

I see you...

The folding chair fell beside her, Kinu gripping it by its legs, and as Owen continued his negotiations, she kept her masked view straight behind him.

It was a daunting view there, on top of the cage. Didn't seem like her first time either with how light she was on her feet. From one hunter to another, it seemed they shared an appreciation for a view above.

Kinu passed her view around the terminal. Stacks of angled tables up to the walkways. Rows of long ladders hooked into the support girders. And...chairs, stacked every which way.

Surely, Meryl could see it too, the disheveled state of the Skyport terminal she and the A-9ers had set up before they took their long trek down. But when you're used to catching bugs to squish, you don't take account more than a surface value; what you want to see is what you get.

Locking eyes with her, Kinu raised a hand, and wagged a finger in warning...
    Locking eyes in return, Meryl slips her foot to the edge and leans forward.....almost tilting at an impossible angle over the side as she stalls lazily against the laws of physics. She gives the wrestler a wink....then slips her foot over the side.....falling forward and...

He lookss up.

“Madame Meryl Seifer, perhaps you’ll be more willing to talk. We do have history, you and I.”
    "....Madame?" Meryl leg wrapped around the steel frame, leaving her suspended upside down above them....looking down with amusement. "....more willing to talk? But why? Talking didn't help the last time....why should it help this time? Wasted effort....wasted......waste......."

A moment of contemplation, and eyeing him up, Meryl gives an entirely too innocent smile for her overall look. "are you done with him Vivi? Send him up so I can say hello!"

The mage below her shrugs. "I suppose our negotiations were at a standstill.....go amuse my idiot for a bit would you..." Vivianne motions upwards, and before Owen can react his body was vaulted skyward....into Meryl waiting arms, as she casually swung him up through the hole in the window and onto the roof,...letting him fly to a stiff landing on a more stable part of the roof.

Omu crawls out of the elevator shaft. "Fuck yeah. Fresh air.. " he sighed...before getting a clearer look at his surroundings. "...Always gotta land in the middle of somethin'."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"I haven't an idea of what your referring to." Vivianne looked puzzled for a moment. "Though....aren't you dashing clever sort.......quoting the civilian right and regulations charter like it means anything to me." She shurgs in amusement. "....oh dear, I must confess I never read that one....or perhaps I merely forgot the contents."

Locking eyes in return, Meryl slips her foot to the edge and leans forward.....almost tilting at an impossible angle over the side as she stalls lazily against the laws of physics. She gives the wrestler a wink....then slips her foot over the side.....falling forward and...

"....Madame?" Meryl leg wrapped around the steel frame, leaving her suspended upside down above them....looking down with amusement. "....more willing to talk? But why? Talking didn't help the last time....why should it help this time? Wasted effort....wasted......waste......."

A moment of contemplation, and eyeing him up, Meryl gives an entirely too innocent smile for her overall look. "are you done with him Vivi? Send him up so I can say hello!"

The mage below her shrugs. "I suppose our negotiations were at a standstill.....go amuse my idiot for a bit would you..." Vivianne motions upwards, and before Owen can react his body was vaulted skyward....into Meryl waiting arms, as she casually swung him up through the hole in the window and onto the roof,...letting him fly to a stiff landing on a more stable part of the roof.
    Owen lands stiffly. He nods to Meryl.

“It is nice to see you once more, Meryl.”

He doffs his hat.

“A moment.”

His psychokinesis, having carefully been used to manipulate his revolver up and away slyly, pulls the trigger three times.

Right at the back of the Ice Queen’s head and torso.

Also acting as a signal to the rest.

He looks at Meryl and sighs.

“My apologies, Meryl. I failed you when you were younger. The Administration wanted you and they got you, regardless of the case I had built. For what it’s worth, what you did to your parents...they deserved that for what they did to you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Decided to act, not liking how Owen wa treated. Using his breath to sprint briefly.

His mind triggering, as he felt his nerves burn.

“ Stop doing this, this is no good!”

His body told him at the damage done to him for this simple act, as she flung Owen to the psycho red head he gave her a piece of his mind. In the form of a glow that he exhales a massive breath with jaws wide open.

He did not need hands to conjure the energy, though he felt his tongue, lips and jaw nerves burning, as the brilliant flash of green as a volley ball sized burst sphere of energy went directly for her face, eyes locked on for accuracy and should it hit, be akin to getting decked in the face with a bowel ing ball, that would then explode with a splash of micro wave burns.

Do e playing nice, thought of fire trucks and area debris for make shift weapons.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Omu crawls out of the elevator shaft. "Fuck yeah. Fresh air.. " he sighed...before getting a clearer look at his surroundings. "...Always gotta land in the middle of somethin'."
    Omu crawls from the elevator shaft, just moments before the elevator proper reaches there.....and with a ding the door slides open and releases its contents.

The old lady walks out....looks around and mutters about being on the wrong floor before waking back into the elevator.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Omu crawls from the elevator shaft, just moments before the elevator proper reaches there.....and with a ding the door slides open and releases its contents.

The old lady walks out....looks around and mutters about being on the wrong floor before waking back into the elevator.
    *DING*

The shaft seemed to last an eternity, which was a horrid pace for a woman stuck with a starving wild animal and some old woman. Finally, the car stopped and the doors opened. Xia quickly darted out into the open, giving the Dragon plenty of room to explode, barrel out, or whatever she intended on doing. Xia, she had a different idea.

The excitement had already gotten started, it seemed. There were people everywhere, but the two main opponents were easily visible. When she spotted the two witches, Xia felt a chill run down her spine. That's them. Those are witches. Chan Li's words echoed in her head. "Will you run, or will you stand firm?" Her eyes narrowed as she gripped the hilt of her sheathed sword. "I will stand," she murmured. She stepped, her foot suspending itself in midair as if gravity didn't exist at all. Then, she ran up.

Feather Caught in the Breeze

She sprinted upward, past the terminal roof where she, the Dragon, and Omu exited the elevator - or the shaft in the latter's case. She spotted a woman in strange clothing standing on a walkway overlooking the terminal. If there was anyone who knew what was going on, it was her.

"You!" she shouted to get her attention when she was halfway to the walkway. As if propelling herself off a platform, she leaped up and landed gracefully a few yards from the woman (Kinu). "What is going on? Do you have a plan to deal with those witches?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The Dragon didn't even need to see them, before their seductive, magical scent pervaded her nostrils. Though given the power behind it, this was going to going to be tougher than she'd hoped. Though that certainly made it all the more enjoyable, and worth the struggle; when she inevitably succeeded.

Of course, the manner of how she meant to handle the two Witches was certainly worth consideri-

Ah, right. She sniffing to confirm... something, the Dragon put the elderly woman quickly to use; her tail snaking itself around her waist. "You'll suffice," came the analytical response as the woman was brought to the Chimera's eye-level. Plucking a glowing scale from her tail, her hand blurred, a single claw slicing into the woman's shoulder to create a "pocket" for the Lamellar Battery to be thrust into... along with one of the opened cartridges. "Your pain will be temporary, old mage. It is a wonder you were allowed your freedom, considering that moldering strength of yours."

The old woman was in too much pain to respond...

Without another word to the woman- or Xia who was surely nearby- the Dragon began to close on the visible mage... gift offering hidden in the tangle of her coiled tail.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Morgen was not a medic by any means, but she bid her time tending to the wounds of some of the civilians gathered on level three. The bridge explosion was not without some collateral human damage, and she had rudimentary knowledge of first-aid. She loathed to touch strangers, but she kept it largely to herself as she set a makeshift splint on a man's injured leg. It would seem some of them were rather unlucky, she'd thought, though the unlucky ones were likely dead as opposed to merely hurt. Her gaze turned to the elevator, which reached its destination judging by the lights.

They were still waiting on more civilians, and topside would certainly be in a state of chaos, if it wasn't already. She held her breath. It wasn't like her to hesitate... she'd been beaming with confidence not long ago, but a swift strike to the torso had left her humbled. Sighing once more, she leaned over and looked to the rebels' quarry.

"Mulvric... say they don't make it back down--" Morgen stopped herself, then shook her head. "I apologize, never mind. I'm just not sure what I should do right now, I must be in over my head..."

Selma's first instinct at the woman's actions was to deem what Vivianne had done an act of war and that she should take aim and fire at her. However, the blonde managed to still her arms and keep the gun at a low-ready position, keeping her eyes trained on whom was logically the bigger threat at the moment, leaving the other as secondary until she proved otherwise.

Instead, Selma decided to ask a question that was tickling her mind, so she called out loudly to Vivianne "Hey witch! I know you're gonna likely kill the rebels, but what exactly are you and your pal planning on doing to everyone else here?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Kinu started bolting with the chair at her side as she leapt onto the railing, stopping short when she noted the sheer speed at which Owen had been launched.

Guess that concludes negotiations on one front. Shame, she was just starting to like the Gumshoe. If Meryl wasn't willing to talk that'd pretty much be the end of him.

And with her strange, weightless movement defying gravity, it seemed it was going to be quite the task to reach the height. And the people-

He doffs his hat.

“A moment.”

His psychokinesis, having carefully been used to manipulate his revolver up and away slyly, pulls the trigger three times.

With the bang of a gun, they were off to the races. It seemed Owen was playing the long game from a far enough range. It won't do to go in hard, not while Vivienne can mind-move in an instant.

But the people of A-9 had given her two things, and what kind of performer doesn't give back to the audience?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    *DING*

The shaft seemed to last an eternity, which was a horrid pace for a woman stuck with a starving wild animal and some old woman. Finally, the car stopped and the doors opened. Xia quickly darted out into the open, giving the Dragon plenty of room to explode, barrel out, or whatever she intended on doing. Xia, she had a different idea.

The excitement had already gotten started, it seemed. There were people everywhere, but the two main opponents were easily visible. When she spotted the two witches, Xia felt a chill run down her spine. That's them. Those are witches. Chan Li's words echoed in her head. "Will you run, or will you stand firm?" Her eyes narrowed as she gripped the hilt of her sheathed sword. "I will stand," she murmured. She stepped, her foot suspending itself in midair as if gravity didn't exist at all. Then, she ran up.

Feather Caught in the Breeze

She sprinted upward, past the terminal roof where she, the Dragon, and Omu exited the elevator - or the shaft in the latter's case. She spotted a woman in strange clothing standing on a walkway overlooking the terminal. If there was anyone who knew what was going on, it was her.

"You!" she shouted to get her attention when she was halfway to the walkway. As if propelling herself off a platform, she leaped up and landed gracefully a few yards from the woman (Kinu). "What is going on? Do you have a plan to deal with those witches?"
    Still afoot atop the railing, steel chair hanging over the walkway, Kinu's masked face leaned over to those who spilled out of the elevator. A centipede. A gargantuan woman covered in scales. The centipede. An addled old woman who wandered out. The centipe- ...that's a very long land-lobster...

It seemed they'd left well enough alone for the rest of the ordinary ones in the elevator, which meant with this procession of monsters and magical things, the Witches might be persuaded to leave well enough alone.

"..haah?"

Suddenly from her perch on the turnbuckle, a new challenger entered the fray, and - whoa! She hadn't seen someone with that level of hangtime before. Not since...

"Slick landing, there," she must have come back up when Rosie had gone down to fetch Mulvric...but the more important thing was she seemed eager to fight a witch.

"Blue is a big talker, all she has to do is sight you like Gumshoe Poppins up there and you might as well be gone. Which means we've got to keep moving. Unfortunately, she's got backup." Kinu explained, pointing to Meryl standing upside down under the shattered glass pane.

"Fortunately, we've rigged up things a little," she said, pointing to the maintenance ladders hanging from the rafters on the roof and the numerous tables and chairs stacked at strange angles. "You can reach them...if you can keep up.

She then stood up on the railing and raised her hands to get the attention of the crowd of refugees as she shouted

"Because, even though they're from the Administratum," she shouted "This is our house now. Pack it in, A-9, and leave this one to us! Welcome to Skyport Smackdown."
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-17-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Retired Overlord

He doffs his hat.

“A moment.”

He looks at Meryl and sighs.

“My apologies, Meryl. I failed you when you were younger. The Administration wanted you and they got you, regardless of the case I had built. For what it’s worth, what you did to your parents...they deserved that for what they did to you.”
    "Of course they deserved it." Meryl tilted her head to an obscene angle. "They were evil....and evil people get punished."

"But enough of the obvious.....what abo.."

His body told him at the damage done to him for this simple act, as she flung Owen to the psycho red head he gave her a piece of his mind. In the form of a glow that he exhales a massive breath with jaws wide open.

He did not need hands to conjure the energy, though he felt his tongue, lips and jaw nerves burning, as the brilliant flash of green as a volley ball sized burst sphere of energy went directly for her face, eyes locked on for accuracy and should it hit, be akin to getting decked in the face with a bowel ing ball, that would then explode with a splash of micro wave burns.

Do e playing nice, thought of fire trucks and area debris for make shift weapons.
    Meryl causally backhands the ball of energy, exploding it within arms reach and pulling back a barely singed arm.

"What about you? Mister Detective!" She put a particular embellishment on saying his title, giving the burn on her hand a lick. "....are you a bad person? Or are you just a sad man who could save a childdd...." In the blink of an eye she had him by the throat, lifting him skyward like a cloth hand puppet and waving him in the air. "That's the difference between us now, detective....I have the power to save people....I can kill the bad guys. I'm the GOD DAMN HERO!" She pinned him up against a raised wall....letting him hang there a moment, then released her grip. "......Oh...Oh I'm soo sorry.....Your not a bad person....what was I thinking..." Meryl suddenly seemed flustered. "....y....you can hit me if it makes you feel better....I won't mind...."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"Of course they deserved it." Meryl tilted her head to an obscene angle. "They were evil....and evil people get punished."

"But enough of the obvious.....what abo.."

Meryl causally backhands the ball of energy, exploding it within arms reach and pulling back a barely singed arm.

"What about you? Mister Detective!" She put a particular embellishment on saying his title, giving the burn on her hand a lick. "....are you a bad person? Or are you just a sad man who could save a childdd...." In the blink of an eye she had him by the throat, lifting him skyward like a cloth hand puppet and waving him in the air. "That's the difference between us now, detective....I have the power to save people....I can kill the bad guys. I'm the GOD DAMN HERO!" She pinned him up against a raised wall....letting him hang there a moment, then released her grip. "......Oh...Oh I'm soo sorry.....Your not a bad person....what was I thinking..." Meryl suddenly seemed flustered. "....y....you can hit me if it makes you feel better....I won't mind...."
    OT: How sincere does she seem, and what does he read from her via his abilities?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM