Page 76 of 432 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people didn' tliked him the beginning, and now that he has the Roberto da Costa showman personality it is even worse.
    Would be better see a teen trying to adjust not being on war mode 24/7

majority of dating doesn't involve someone's else parents. And he choose it to be the cuckoos too.

No, thanks. She would feed him to a demon.
    This is only of the few times adopted parents are more important than biological
    I would say often times adoptive parents are more important than biological parents. They are the ones present, doing the tough work, and being the true parent. Of course in Maddie’s defense she was dead and couldn’t be there and before she died she went berserk and tried to kill her son and a bunch of other people.

I guess my point is that Jean was parental to Cable and a mother figure but she wasn’t called mom until recently. He knew her as Redd but she was mother to him in all the ways that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    She was one of the few characters that survived the entirety of Ultimate Marvel, a universe that never shied from killing anyone, from lower mooks to the biggest names. Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and Cyclops did not do it, but she did.
    Kinda of weird because on main universe she was one of longest deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Smh, this is disappointing! Like if this isn't blatant favoritism I don't know what is, it would be like a series about the Stepford Cuckoos and Jean is visible than Emma...

This is the one time, where it is warranted Jean has never been given the credit she deserves when it comes to her son. And honestly if anytime would be a good chance for Jean and Scott to connect with him it's now. What I don't understand is outside of preferring Scemma, why would Emma have more interest in Jean's son? Moreover why wouldn't Jean be more apparent in his life especially since she has an all new opportunity!
    When Jean was dead Emma was banking the mommy to Rachel. Now Jean is alive and the writer again shoehorned her in a Cable teen solo.
    Scemma have been dead for 8 years, but writers love to revive some morrison nostalgia

I think the fan favoritism form the writers is what really bothers me here most than anything.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-09-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Kinda of weird because on main universe she was one of longest deaths.

When Jean was dead Emma was banking the mommy to Rachel. Now Jean is alive and the writer again shoehorned her in a Cable teen solo.
    Scemma have been dead for 8 years, but writers love to revive some morrison nostalgia

I think the fan favoritism form the writers is what really bothers me here most than anything.
    Pretty sure Cyclops and Emma are dating again.

All-New Member

They’re all dating. Each other. Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Pretty sure Cyclops and Emma are dating again.
    They aren't, Emma going to marry tony stark

BANNED

To be honest, I have pretty much soured on the stories Jean has already done.

I don't need to see her raising Maddie's 18 year old kid. She's 27.

I don't care to see her fighting Emma for Cyclops or sharing him or whatever nonsense. She got past that in the Morrison run. Leave them be. Move on.

I don't care about Rachel and Jean connecting until Rachel can recognize that Jean isn't actually her mom and the two can grow in an interesting way. The mom thing was always pants-on-head.

And please for the love of all that is holy, don't let Maddy meet Jean again. Let Emma fight her. No more evil exes for Jean. She's a Grey, not a pilgrim.

They took away Jean's mythology just to keep sandbagging her with the least interesting bits from her past: floating dishes, a boring domesticity not fit for a superhero, some garbage role as ome of the main character's beard options, cheesy catfights over a guy, and perhaps the worse, alternate reality kids/duplicates.

Praise X-Force for being something new for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

I don't care to see her fighting Emma for Cyclops or sharing him or whatever nonsense. She got past that in the Morrison run. Leave them be. Move on.

I don't care about Rachel and Jean connecting until Rachel can recognize that Jean isn't actually her mom and the two can grow in an interesting way. The mom thing was always pants-on-head.

And please for the love of all that is holy, don't let Maddy meet Jean again. Let Emma fight her. No more evil exes for Jean. She's a Grey, not a pilgrim.

They took away Jean's mythology just to keep sandbagging her with the least interesting bits from her past: floating dishes, a boring domesticity not fit for a superhero, some garbage role as ome of the main character's beard options, cheesy catfights over a guy, and perhaps the worse, alternate reality kids/duplicates.

I really don't get this feeling of not wanting a character to have to do with stories and characters that are relevant to her. Her connections to other characters being acknowledged rather than ignored isn't in any way bad for the character. The more content with her we have, the better.

X-Force is also just a very practical book where Jean is just working, with not much focus on interpersonal relationships, and it's not like having her on other stories will hijack her role in X-Force in any way. You can just read that and ignore the rest and it won't affect you at all, while people who want to read Jean interacting with Maddie and Cable can have their way. But you like being petty.

BANNED

Because those characters are annoying, minus Emma, but even then, the way Emma is connected to Jean is annoying and the creators don't care to grow that connection in an organic way. Besides that, we have pretty much seen everything worth being said between Jean and these same 3-5 characters.

I agree that Jean needn't only appear in X-Force. She can do cool new stuff in X-Force and new stuff elsewhere too. Imagine Jean talking to one of 1000 other X-Men that she doesn't interact with. Heaven forbid she form other relationships and dynamics, adversarial and otherwise.

I do like being petty, but I am also right. The powers that were who wanted to mandate Jean doing new stuff were right. They were just incorrect about what repetitive junk they needed to get her away from. It wasn't the Phoenix.

X-force is really welcome, a good person on a team that gets dirty. amazing premise

"I'm not big on alternate kids buuut if they exist I think it is nice that Jean interact with them, I have soft heart for family moments, specially if not by blood

I think that Jean got mostly a bad deal on dawn of X, many things she doesn't need came with her. Scott for sure was one that they could let behind, specially that we have zero reasons for they being together. They barely even talk with each other, when Scott have some meaninful think to talk, he talk with his bros Wolverine and Nightcrawler

She already raised him for 12 years of her life. She may have the body of a 27 year old but she has nearly 40 years worth of life experience

Because those characters are annoying, minus Emma, but even then, the way Emma is connected to Jean is annoying and the creators don't care to grow that connection in an organic way. Besides that, we have pretty much seen everything worth being said between Jean and these same 3-5 characters.
    Emma is the most annoying.
    Morrison went for the worse take possible and others writers followed on it. That is a hugething impossible to let it go if a reboot doesn't happen.
    One of the things I deaded about new52 was the situation of superman dating wonder woman, but it is good that it was erased, so it isn't a thing that will linger forever for the characters.
    I dread everytime writers put a guy between 2 female characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She already raised him for 12 years of her life. She may have the body of a 27 year old but she has nearly 40 years worth of life experience
    Exactly! Time for the new.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wow, those are pretty bizarre takes.
    Thankfully they don't relate at all with how Jean thinks or acts.

Many of these characters and relationships are pretty dear to Jean. Sorry if it is people some people don't like.
    Doesn't mean they aren't though.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-09-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I guess I feel differently when it comes to Rachel and Cable, only because she's never really had developed relationships with either of them. That and I'm tired of Jean's relationships being limited to Scott and Logan. In the three years since she's been back the focus is consistently on her personal relationships hints dropped here and there. Yet all the other connections Jean has within the X-men have not been developed, the recent Giant Size is the most time she's spent with Storm since XM:R. It's those relationships which has made Jean such a compelling character and why Teen Jeen's appearance affected so many people, yet the adult version is so detached from those characters and relationships that should be meaningful.

It feels like she's losing so much of what makes her Jean, I'm fine with her meeting new people and experiences but a Jean without any of the relationships especially forming a deeper relationship with her children is a missed opportunity. Besides why does Cyke always get to play the hero, have his own personal struggles, while also relating to past and recent characters. Hell he just had an whole issue of X-men that was about him connecting with his kids and Jean is literally no where to be found.

I don't know it's just weird for me how someone so known for her heart is used so casually in response to meaningful relationships in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Emma is involved since kid Cable is dating the cuckoos. Emma is more than likely still involved with Scott so she’s on cable’s orbit.

Jean was the only mother Cable knew but he didn’t know her as mom but as Redd right? It is kind of odd that he calls her mom now. I think they should explore how he views Maddie.
    Cable did know she was his mom, he told her and Scott during an issue in the 90's that he figured out for some time they were Redd and Slim. Besides they've never really explored what that meant to him based on Jean. The focus has always been on how Cable views or relates to Scott, the most time Jean has spent with him was during "The Search for Cyclops".

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would say often times adoptive parents are more important than biological parents. They are the ones present, doing the tough work, and being the true parent. Of course in Maddie’s defense she was dead and couldn’t be there and before she died she went berserk and tried to kill her son and a bunch of other people.

I guess my point is that Jean was parental to Cable and a mother figure but she wasn’t called mom until recently. He knew her as Redd but she was mother to him in all the ways that matter.
    I always thought Cable didn't call Jean mom sooner due to her never being the focus and how anytime he was around especially recently either he was time displaced or she was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I guess I feel differently when it comes to Rachel and Cable, only because she's never really had developed relationships with either of them. That and I'm tired of Jean's relationships being limited to Scott and Logan. In the three years since she's been back the focus is consistently on her personal relationships hints dropped here and there. Yet all the other connections Jean has within the X-men have not been developed, the recent Giant Size is the most time she's spent with Storm since XM:R. It's those relationships which has made Jean such a compelling character and why Teen Jeen's appearance affected so many people, yet the adult version is so detached from those characters and relationships that should be meaningful.

It feels like she's losing so much of what makes her Jean, I'm fine with her meeting new people and experiences but a Jean without any of the relationships especially forming a deeper relationship with her children is a missed opportunity. Besides why does Cyke always get to play the hero, have his own personal struggles, while also relating to past and recent characters. Hell he just had an whole issue of X-men that was about him connecting with his kids and Jean is literally no where to be found.

I don't know it's just weird for me how someone so known for her heart is used so casually in response to meaningful relationships in her life.

Cable did know she was his mom, he told her and Scott during an issue in the 90's that he figured out for some time they were Redd and Slim. Besides they've never really explored what that meant to him based on Jean. The focus has always been on how Cable views or relates to Scott, the most time Jean has spent with him was during "The Search for Cyclops".

I always thought Cable didn't call Jean mom sooner due to her never being the focus and how anytime he was around especially recently either he was time displaced or she was dead.
    Yes, I know Cable found out that Scott and Jean were Slim and Redd but my point was that he didn’t much call Jean mom or mother despite her motherly role.

He always seemed closer to Scott who he did recognize as his father. Jean was and is a mother to him since she raised him. I just don’t want Jean saddled with the den mother role because of fear it will hinder the stories writers will tell about her. I don’t want a repeat of the early to mid 90’s.

I want to see Jean as a young woman herself who has her own stories but unfortunately she’s more often than not connected to Scott, Logan, and the time lost children.

Basically I don’t want Jean stuck in an X-men version of a Hallmark movie. Which I guess I’m thankful for X-force.