Page 349 of 376 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5630

If they give him a hero's death, I fine with it at this point. Better than torturing us like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    If they give him a hero's death, I fine with it at this point. Better than torturing us like this.
    Killing off Wally would be a bad move, it would further alienate the fans. Then DC would cave into fan pressure and bring him back to life anyways or as part of some event where he becomes an antihero/villain.

Keep Wally alive and give him something interesting to do. Or temporarily retire him until a writer has a clear plan for him.

Fantastic Member

Williamson says it's going to be better for Wally but "better" is a bit subjective honestly.
    Along those lines, what do people think is a realistic best case scenario for Wally with Flash War?

Is there any chance a condensed version of his Flash history will be reinstated in the timeline? I know Wally acknowledging Barry's death in the last arc doesn't mean anything, but I recall Barry himself had a flashback or whatever of it early on in the series shortly after Meena's disappearance.

We also have both Frances Kane and Iris having memories of a time when Wally was the Flash now. I know things that take place in the future can be wonky, but in the Flash Annual, Commander Cold said Wally was brought back so he could be the Flash again when referring to Barry pulling him out of the Speed Force.

There's also the question of how his Flash history can be displayed in the museum if it never actually happened in this timeline. Then again, maybe those displays were all a set up by Hunter and why "history was all wrong" in his wing?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

It's infuriating at this point. There is a huge fan demand for this character and DC is still being deaf at this. We still haven't got a statue in his current look or any merchandise with him for that matter.
    This is something that's irked me too.
    I thought upon his return in the Rebirth special we would have Wally West showing up a lot more in regards to merchandise.
    I would KILL for a new figurine with the new suit or a two pack with the shiny white eyes version & the new duds.

The ONLY thing I've managed to find was the recent Heroclix figure. This is a character who first appeared in 1959. I would've thought his return would be more of a big deal.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Well, Flash #48 was amazing. I'm loving this arc. It has tons of emotional depth and touches on a lot of topics people have been discussing since Wally's return. Both Wally and Barry's actions make sense considering the situation they are in and I can't wait to see what happens next. Thankfully, we only have to wait two weeks.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

What an extremely pessimistic and sad opinion. I will remain hopeful for Flash War’s ending, that Wally will have another book........that is not Tom King’s Sanctuary.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Today's issue was great!! Can't wait for the next one!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Today's issue was great!! Can't wait for the next one!
    I actually wasn't a fan of the issue. Seemed like Williamson had to make Wally an absolute idiot and disregard his history just to make the plot work.

I was afraid Wally would be forced to play the part of the hypocritical idiot who says screw the consequences (a complete 180 from his stance in the Lazarus Contract) so Barry can clearly play the part of the hero in the story. I was hoping for something more balanced, but I really should have known better.

I doubt Wally will get the same bail out excuse for his stupidly selfish actions that Barry has gotten on a couple of occasions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I actually wasn't a fan of the issue. Seemed like Williamson had to make Wally an absolute idiot and disregard his history just to make the plot work.

I was afraid Wally would be forced to play the part of the hypocritical idiot who says screw the consequences (a complete 180 from his stance in the Lazarus Contract) so Barry can clearly play the part of the hero in the story. I was hoping for something more balanced, but I really should have known better.

I doubt Wally will get the same bail out excuse for his stupidly selfish actions that Barry has gotten on a couple of occasions.
    It's his kids. People have done much more reckless and stupid things to save their children. It completely makes sense that this is the thing that would make him say screw the consequences.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

No matter what happens, Waly is going to be broken after this arc is done, isn't he?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's his kids. People have done much more reckless and stupid things to save their children. It completely makes sense that this is the thing that would make him say screw the consequences.
    I believe Wally loses most of that defense based on his stance during the Lazarus Contract. He tells Deathstoke he should forget about his kid because the possible consequences are too great. There is a notable difference in Wally's kids situation compared to Grant, but it's still not a good look for Wally given his stance in the Lazarus Contract.

But the real dilemma I have is the execution of the story rather than the concept of it just like with Barry and Flashpoint. I don't think there is any way Wally is going to "win" here, so framing the story as Wally being completely in the wrong is only going to magnify his failure in the end.

Barry still got to prevail and be the hero of the Perfect Storm arc despite his behavior and actions during it. I don't expect Wally to be given the same treatment, but I certainly could be wrong.
    Last edited by Rend20; 06-13-2018 at 07:23 AM.

http://ew.com/books/2018/06/13/batma...sis-sanctuary/

Wally is confirmed to be in Tom King's book "Heroes In Crisis".

BANNED

Yeah, this looks pretty bad. Poor Wally.

I'm willing to give King a chance. Wally seems to be one of the big players, even though the focus will be more on Harley & Booster.

Also I love the implications of kids not coming back.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

You mean Wally won't find happiness and still be screwed around with even after Flash War? I'm shocked , shocked I say.

Also ironic that Wally is being included in sanctuary which is for trauma victims when , as the title of this very thread states, that is not what the character of Wally West is about.

And frankly this whole idea sounds way too dark and really depressing for super hero comics. Maybe this would be good for Vertigo or an indie book.

Super hero comics are supposed to be upbeat and fun. Yes there is some drama and even tragedy sometimes but the idea that being a superhero traumatizes you and you need therapy is way too dark and depressing imo.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake