Page 868 of 945 FirstFirst ... 368768818858864865866867868869870871872878918 ... LastLast
Results 13,006 to 13,020 of 14170

And the award for geekiest post of the year goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    The Bendis designed (heavily influenced by Stuart Immonen, one of the artists) X-Men from Earth-TRN240 ARE the same as the X-Men from Earth-616 but a different Temporary Reality Number ("TRN"). A reality where Beast (Hank McCoy) from 616 goes back in time to retrieve the X-Men when they where younger to aid him from dying from complications of his second mutation. Those X-Men wore those geometric clothing on Earth-616 (they are/were school uniforms). I think what you are calling "set universes" are what most call Earth designates or "Alt"(ernative) Earths (apologies if I'm incorrect on your term). Examples are Age of Apocalypse is Earth-295, Ultimate Marvel is Earth-1610, MC2 is Earth-982. The Earth-TRN###s are Alternate Realities but conform to a specific Earth designate. So, if it was Bobby Drake from an alt-Earth (Earth designate) I could cede the point.

Generally speaking, most Marvel readers believe that 616 is the main, and the rest are Alternate Realities. And...Alternate Realities is divided into two groups of Alt-Earths and TRNs. It is not uncommon for a TRN to get a full Earth designate (via retcon) if Marvel senses the popularity...like the case of Spider-Gwen, for example.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And the award for geekiest post of the year goes to...
    <laughs> I should've added "The More You Know" rainbow graphic! I guess someone has to be the biggest Marvel geek on this thread,
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Done:
    The Bendis designed (heavily influenced by Stuart Immonen, one of the artists) X-Men from Earth-TRN240 ARE the same as the X-Men from Earth-616 but a different Temporary Reality Number ("TRN"). A reality where Beast (Hank McCoy) from 616 goes back in time to retrieve the X-Men when they where younger to aid him from dying from complications of his second mutation. Those X-Men wore those geometric clothing on Earth-616 (they are/were school uniforms). I think what you are calling "set universes" are what most call Earth designates or "Alt"(ernative) Earths (apologies if I'm incorrect on your term). Examples are Age of Apocalypse is Earth-295, Ultimate Marvel is Earth-1610, MC2 is Earth-982. The Earth-TRN###s are Alternate Realities but conform to a specific Earth designate. So, if it was Bobby Drake from an alt-Earth (Earth designate) I could cede the point.

Generally speaking, most Marvel readers believe that 616 is the main, and the rest are Alternate Realities. And...Alternate Realities is divided into two groups of Alt-Earths and TRNs. It is not uncommon for a TRN to get a full Earth designate (via retcon) if Marvel senses the popularity...like the case of Spider-Gwen, for example.
    SHSO Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Signature Hero: Storm/Mohawk Storm
    Squad Level:1800+

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

I took the 3000 Challenges challenge, and after MANY, MANY battles, today, I am a champion:

Capture1.JPG

Thank you Centurion for giving me a reason to play and for making the game fun again!
    Last edited by Charles LePage; 11-06-2015 at 01:16 PM.
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

Quote Originally Posted by Charles LePage View Post
    I took the 3000 Challenges challenge, and after MANY, MANY battles, today, I am a champion:

Capture1.JPG

Thank you Centurion for giving me a reason to play and for making the game fun again!
    Congratulations, Charles!!!!
    SHSO Username: Lieutenant Fighting Bear
    Level: 3700+

Quote Originally Posted by Charles LePage View Post

Capture1.JPG

Congratulations! And thank you for your kind words. My next milestone will either be 6500 Squad Level, 350 for Missions, or 2500 for Heroes.

CBR just came out with an interview with Alex Alonso today that mirrors our Iceman discussion:

CBR: This week saw the much-anticipated release of "Uncanny X-Men" #600, which gave a definitive answer to the question of adult Iceman's sexuality -- that he's also gay, like his younger counterpart. Iceman's coming out has been a major topic of conversation since April of this year -- what are your thoughts on how this story has played out, and how it's been received by the audience? There's been a good amount of positive mainstream press surrounding it this week.
    Alex Alonso: There has. That scene was inevitable, logical outcome of the story that began in "All-New X-Men" #40. In fact, that scene was part of the first conversation that Brian and I had after I'd read the script for "All-New X-Men" #40 almost a year ago. I mean, the moment you say that young Bobby Drake is gay, you have to consider the ramification for older Bobby, right? Brian and I were totally on the same page: it absolutely made no sense for older Bobby to be anything but gay. They're the same guy -- just from different time periods and at different stages of their lives.

That said, Brian knew that older Bobby coming to terms with who he really is would be a very different scene from the one he wrote for young Bobby [in "All-New X-Men" #40]. Very different. And I think what he's done is elegant.
    So...I will agree that one could say that "Uncanny X-Men #600" was when Bobby of 616 was officially announced as gay. BUT, I can also keep my original position of "All-New X-Men #40" being the issue as revealed by the thinking of Alonso/Bendis. That's one of the things I love about comics. Two differing opinions could both be technically right. And that's the best kind of "right".

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Wiccan's True Fan Irritating Hurricane Ferret's Avatar

Congratulations! And thank you for your kind words. My next milestone will either be 6500 Squad Level, 350 for Missions, or 2500 for Heroes.

CBR just came out with an interview with Alex Alonso today that mirrors our Iceman discussion:

So...I will agree that one could say that "Uncanny X-Men #600" was when Bobby of 616 was officially announced as gay. BUT, I can also keep my original position of "All-New X-Men #40" being the issue as revealed by the thinking of Alonso/Bendis. That's one of the things I love about comics. Two differing opinions could both be technically right. And that's the best kind of "right".
    This man is like older than all of us...and he knows his comics damn well.
    Shso IGN:My username.
    Fav hero in SHSO: Carnage
    Fav hero in Marvel Comics: You probably know

Currently: Waiting to Prestige EOTE Spider-Man.

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

I took and conquered the 300 Missions Achievements Challenge.

Capture1.JPG

Who needs communication or updates from Gazillion when you have Centurian Spy?
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

I was looking some articles about the Unity Web Player that may have something to do about what is going on in the game...

UNITY WEB PLAYER ROADMAP

NPAPI Plugins in Firefox

Looks like Firefox will follow Chrome and Edge, and end the support for Unity Web Player, from March 2016 onwards all the unity web content will be generated by WebGL.
    Squad Name: Roaming Colossus Lion
    Squad Level: 7K+
    Achievement Points: 38K+

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Colossus Lion View Post
    I was looking some articles about the Unity Web Player that may have something to do about what is going on in the game...

Looks like Firefox will follow Chrome and Edge, and end the support for Unity Web Player, from March 2016 onwards all the unity web content will be generated by WebGL.
    Reading the last paragraph, it would seem that if you configure Firefox to not accept updates, NPAPI plugins will still be supported at the risk of decreased security. If that's so, then I'll have to restrict playing the game to the newer laptop that doesn't have classified data at all (and on which I only made two additional installations, Firefox and SHSO).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well damn. Guess it's good I found another timesink. Woulda liked to have gotten Iron Man Midas before the game tanked, but I doubt I can make enough fractals before then, and I'm definitely not spending money.

I always thought it was stupid they used some obscure plug-in for the game to begin with. You'd think Flash would have made more sense.
    SHSO: Polite Earthen Despair

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrebomb View Post
    I always thought it was stupid they used some obscure plug-in for the game to begin with. You'd think Flash would have made more sense.
    Not a programmer but from what I've read Unity is really a game-centered engine with 3D figure and landscape rendering, while Flash is more all-around (but can still be used to make games). Plus, I think even the latter is being de-emphasized with the move to HTML5.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Why are all the browsers not supporting Unity? Cant they just... support
    Squad: Shocking Frost Ninja My brothers Squad: Famous Storm Arrow say Hello if you see us!

Quote Originally Posted by millsfan View Post
    The issue is security. Simply put, NPAPI (Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface) is the best program to develop browser extensions/plug-ins (like Unity) BUT since it has been around since 1995 it has been hacked so much it has threatened the security of the browsers that run it. Hence threatening all the internet. Browser companies, led by Google, recognize this as a major threat to overall security and hence the premature deprecation/stoppage of this API. Google wants these developers/companies to be forced to move to a safer API (i.e. WebGL) EVEN THOUGH there isn't a better API at this time. The thinking is by forcing developers/companies to move to another API, that it will generate a better API in a shorter amount of time. It's a "cold turkey" approach to programming.
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 11-08-2015 at 04:44 PM. Reason: "simply" not "simple" is better...stupid adverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by millsfan View Post
    Since all these browsers are stopping support of Unity I think that SHSO is probably going to shut down. That or they might remake it in a different engine which is unlikely.
    Surefooted Sentry on SHSO.

Xapto on Steam.