Page 214 of 215 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3224
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I know that the child Spider-man's wife Mary Jane was carrying to term in "Age of X" was labeled a mutant and was marked for termination in that time line.

Regardless, the point was that humans were terrified because they didn't always know who was a mutant. (Kind of a Red Scare thing back in the 60's). They are secretly trying to infiltrate and take over or whatnot. Obviously, you see the difference in how teams like the FF or Avengers are viewed positively as celebrities, where as the X-Men are feared and distrusted. So unless the baby looks like Nightcrawler, you are not really supposed to know who is or isn't a mutie.
    But surely that supports my argument that if mutants only defining trait that they are or will become mutants is their dna marker, then they are human until that gene is triggered?

We know from DOFP that they invent the tech to not only scan children for the marker but also scan humans people who can produce children with said marker.
    Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Off the top of my head:
    Deadpool's current series features his daughter who is identified as a mutant although her x-gene has yet to activate.
    The Kings of Pain annual crossover from the late 80s / early 90s identifies Harness' daughter as a mutant, although she is only 7 years old and her powers have not manifested.
    Thanks for deep diving, is there really no references for any core x-books? Seems odd they never clarified this distinction.

Lol what am I saying, Marvel still aren't clarifying it with the Inhumans, why should I expect them to have clarified with other species xD
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 02-03-2017 at 02:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Do we have a book that calls pre-x-gene activation children mutants instead of humans? Because the only ones I can even think of are mutants whose powers manifested at birth.
    Karma's siblings, Jean's niece and nephew, some of Cannonball's siblings, the Inferno babies and Nanny's wards were all referred to as mutants before their abilities manifested.

Being a mutant simply means you're X-Gene positive. It doesn't matter if the mutation has manifested or stays latent, either way you're considered a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Karma's siblings, Jean's niece and nephew, some of Cannonball's siblings, the Inferno babies and Nanny's wards were all referred to as mutants before their abilities manifested.

Being a mutant simply means you're X-Gene positive. It doesn't matter if the mutation has manifested or stays latent, either way you're considered a mutant.
    Do you have a citation for this because that doesn't sound right. On a genetic level yeah, but it seems odd to identify someone as a mutant who doesn't have an active x-gene.

BANNED

Do you have a citation for this because that doesn't sound right. On a genetic level yeah, but it seems odd to identify someone as a mutant who doesn't have an active x-gene.
    I meantioned them. The Inferno babies were called mutants for sure during the crossover, you're born a mutant.

I meantioned them. The Inferno babies were called mutants for sure during the crossover, you're born a mutant.
    No i meant a citation for actual science explanation or Beast clarifying etc, what they say in random books by random authors isn't really iron clad so you can argue it away. I was looking for something a bit more definitive if possible.

BANNED

No i meant a citation for actual science explanation or Beast clarifying etc, what they say in random books by random authors isn't really iron clad so you can argue it away. I was looking for something a bit more definitive if possible.
    Mutant technically isn't a scientific term so that's irrelevant, it's a cultural distinction. You're considered a mutant from birth in pretty much every example we know of. In scientific terms you'd just be X-Gene positive, or some use "Homo Superior" although that started largely as a propaganda term iirc.

For what you're looking for though during Peter David's first X-Factor run, a doctor developed a method to test for mutant status during pregnancy. He referred to the unborn children as either mutants or humans.

Now, can you cite for us where it was said one is only considered Inhuman after going through terrigenesis? And any issues that confirm Karnak is then not Inhuman?

Mutant technically isn't a scientific term so that's irrelevant, it's a cultural distinction. You're considered a mutant from birth in pretty much every example we know of. In scientific terms you'd just be X-Gene positive, or some use "Homo Superior" although that started largely as a propaganda term iirc.

For what you're looking for though during Peter David's first X-Factor run, a doctor developed a method to test for mutant status during pregnancy. He referred to the unborn children as either mutants or humans.

Now, can you cite for us where it was said one is only considered Inhuman after going through terrigenesis? And any issues that confirm Karnak is then not Inhuman?
    Why are you taking a polite request for more information as a confrontation?

I asked because i am interested, not because i want to throw down. We've been there and done that in this thread already

but thanks for mentioning x-factor, I'm doing a bind up of that soon so I'll look out for the scene you mentioned.

Ultimate Member

If it's book after book in the X-verse then it's not random, it's a consistent explanation of the facts...

Cables too busy being a plot device to be a real character XD
    In Uncanny Avengers?

Also, wasn't Hope considered to be a mutant birth?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Also, wasn't Hope considered to be a mutant birth?
    Hope was born a mutant because she was born with her x-gene activated. Her birth sent out a psionic nuke or something, thats how everyone knew to look for her.

Spectacular Member

You keep saying this lie that the Inhumans are against destroying the cloud because it means they won't have powers. It's literally not true. If they cared only about powers, they'd destroy the cloud and just make mutates out of humans with Inhuman dna traits like Karnak. They need the terrigen because the terrigen is the embodiment of their species evolutionary system, it predicts what they will need in the future and gives it to them via terrignesis. That is their future. Not to mention with no terrigenesis the actual species will disappear. But the terrigen itself is the key to their future. And you really can't dismiss it because it's been said over and over again that the terrigen works and does it jobs and safe guards their species. Thats what they are defending.
    Sorry the only one repeating a lie there is you. The Inhumans will not die without terrigenisis hell every single Nuhuman is the descendant of Inhumans who rejected terrigensis entirely because exposing the entire population to it damaged the Inhuman genepool so much it almost caused the extinction of the Inhumans it took generations of selective breeding programs to reverse the damage unchecked Terrigenisis caused, The Nuhumans are living proof that everything you just stated there is a lie. Sorry but Blackbolt's cult of terrigenisis isn't actually Marvel cannon yet its just what he believes and is imposing upon every Human, Mutant NuHuman and Inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalSanity View Post
    Sorry the only one repeating a lie there is you. The Inhumans will not die without terrigenisis hell every single Nuhuman is the descendant of Inhumans who rejected terrigensis entirely because exposing the entire population to it damaged the Inhuman genepool so much it almost caused the extinction of the Inhumans it took generations of selective breeding programs to reverse the damage unchecked Terrigenisis caused, The Nuhumans are living proof that everything you just stated there is a lie. Sorry but Blackbolt's cult of terrigenisis isn't actually Marvel cannon yet its just what he believes and is imposing upon every Human, Mutant NuHuman and Inhuman.
    Wrong.

The faction split upon the discovery of terrignesis not because of a damaged genepool, there is no evidence of a damaged genepool either. The genetic council exist to stop what they consider dangerous transformations or unsightly ones like black bolt and triton respectively.

I'd appreciate you citing actual works before calling me wrong and then writing your own head canon as if it were fact.

Ultimate Member

Wrong.

The faction split upon the discovery of terrignesis not because of a damaged genepool, there is no evidence of a damaged genepool either. The genetic council exist to stop what they consider dangerous transformations or unsightly ones like black bolt and triton respectively.

I'd appreciate you citing actual works before calling me wrong and then writing your own head canon as if it were fact.
    There's no end of evidence for a damaged gene-pool. Inferno's mom, for instance. And then there's Flint's whole home town that was killed by failed terregenesis, and when he was reunited with the Inhuman faction he came from, including his parents, it was believed that the vast majority of them were too genetically weak to withstand the cloud, and they had to be evacuated

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    There's no end of evidence for a damaged gene-pool. Inferno's mom, for instance. And then there's Flint's whole home town that was killed by failed terregenesis, and when he was reunited with the Inhuman faction he came from, including his parents, it was believed that the vast majority of them were too genetically weak to withstand the cloud, and they had to be evacuated
    Not to mention what happened with Gorgon's son which happened in the same series that kicked of the fallout from the T-Bomb and the Nuhumans I mean come on..... who's really making arguments based off their own head cannon here?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalSanity View Post
    Not to mention what happened with Gorgon's son which happened in the same series that kicked of the fallout from the T-Bomb and the Nuhumans I mean come on..... who's really making arguments based off their own head cannon here?
    What happened with Gorgon's son, anyways? I missed that plot.