Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Many characters. I was a bit disappointed that non of the mutants (of the group at the end) were from the X-verse. I was kind of hoping for it. No Moira, no Blindfold, no any other.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Great opening episode!

Yeah, I doubt they'll touch on the x-verse anytime soon. Probably season 2 depending if the rest of the season goes as well.

Great pilot.

Wasn't expecting so many mutants to be introduced so early on.

spoilers:
    Based on the first episode. I'm certain that everyone helping David escape at the end were all of his other personalities. Seems like Sydney is the Pryokinetic personality renamed from Cyndi, and the psychiatrist is actually Jack Wayne. Although they will probably rename him as well. the telekinetic powers gave it away. It also looks like David was assisted by his inner persona's in escaping what appears to be Muir Island. I need the next episode now!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Great pilot.

Wasn't expecting so many mutants to be introduced so early on.
    Were they nameless mutants?

Also TAKE YOUR BET EVERYBODY.

who is the guy with the yellow eyes? obviously my first impression of the fat slob is that it could be Mojo using some kind of disguise but that isnt his style, the other fat slob that fight the x-men is the Shadow King who is known for using disguises to attack and control his enemies.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post

who is the guy with the yellow eyes? obviously my first impression of the fat slob is that it could be Mojo using some kind of disguise but that isnt his style, the other fat slob that fight the x-men is the Shadow King who is known for using disguises to attack and control his enemies.
    The mutants were Syd,Kerry Loudermilk,Ptonomy Wallace, and Dr. Melanie Bird they all seem to be original characters. I thought it was Mojo and hope that it is Mojo i think he would be far more interesting in this series than Shadow King imo. Plus if it's MOJO maybe it's a chance we could see Spiral appear at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    The mutants were Syd,Kerry Loudermilk,Ptonomy Wallace, and Dr. Melanie Bird they all seem to be original characters. I thought it was Mojo and hope that it is Mojo i think he would be far more interesting in this series than Shadow King imo. Plus if it's MOJO maybe it's a chance we could see Spiral appear at some point.
    Check my earlier post. Sydney and the Psychiatrist are probably renamed as a misdirection. But they both technically exist in the comics.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Check my earlier post. Sydney and the Psychiatrist are probably renamed as a misdirection. But they both technically exist in the comics.
    Yeah i get that vibe from Syd. That whole group maybe in the same category.

reposting my post from the tv/film thread:

I enjoyed it, even though I would have liked to have seen more connection to the books. Like there's really no reason why the mutant rescue team at the end couldn't have been c-list x-characters, other than the writer/director didnt want to have to research the comics(do his "homework" so to speak), its much easier(lazier) to just make up your own OCs.

anyway it must have left some kind of subconscious impression on me b/c I dreamt about it last night. I dreamt that David and the two main female leads where spiking the food supply at the hospital and then David becomes a giant and rampages through the town. Lol, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post

I lean towards Mojo. Especially the way those interrogators were acting prior to and then at the pool. Like they were being watched by a stronger character, and needed to satisfy his/her expectations in getting answers. Especially right before the whole pool fire scene. That main interrogator was nervous as heck. That felt like the Mojoverse, and everyone questioning the motives of one another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    reposting my post from the tv/film thread:

I enjoyed it, even though I would have liked to have seen more connection to the books. Like there's really no reason why the mutant rescue team at the end couldn't have been c-list x-characters, other than the writer/director didnt want to have to research the comics(do his "homework" so to speak), its much easier(lazier) to just make up your own OCs.

anyway it must have left some kind of subconscious impression on me b/c I dreamt about it last night. I dreamt that David and the two main female leads where spiking the food supply at the hospital and then David becomes a giant and rampages through the town. Lol, whatever.
    It's pretty obvious from various interviews that Hawley has done his "homework."

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    I lean towards Mojo. Especially the way those interrogators were acting prior to and then at the pool. Like they were being watched by a stronger character, and needed to satisfy his/her expectations in getting answers. Especially right before the whole pool fire scene. That main interrogator was nervous as heck. That felt like the Mojoverse, and everyone questioning the motives of one another.
    I was thinking Mojo as well when seeing "The Demon with Yellow Eyes." And if this is actually taking place in the Mojoverse, it would totally make the whole hodgepodge of 60s and 70s aesthetics and fashions existing side-by-side with 21st century technology a whole lot more sense. It also continues and expands upon the whole "is anything David experiencing actually real" themes. Not to mention would be mind-blowningly meta. After all, the Mojoverse is a dystopia built around television. And wouldn't that make us into the spectators who watch Mojo's entertainment for the masses?
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

ive just watched legion and man IS AMAZING ! INCREIBLE! THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I just watched the first episode. It was amazing.