Page 630 of 631 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631 LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A lovely piece of fanart by mishiechua

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br7YvznnZff/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Reviresco, that is such lovely work, I really love the style and colors alot!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Reviresco, that is such lovely work, I really love the style and colors alot!
    I like it a lot. I like how he looks a bit ... aloof. The seaweed is a nice background.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yep, I know that Orm in the comics had dark hair but they changed that for the movies too.

pffft, they really did that, they just took things that were the backbone of Namor's story since the beginning and just gave it all the aquamomoa, (i like the actor but i dont like how this all played out) Namor could have also had a very good arc with his mother, since I recall there was an issue that says she had always been ashamed of him for being born a half breed.
    Was that Waid's Captain America? That's the only place I've ever read that, and have no idea where that came from. It's contradicted by pretty much everything that's been written about Princess Fen and Leonard MacKenzie. They were very much in love, so much so, that Fen remembered him even when possessed by ancient sorceress. It was Fen's love, belief, and pride in Namor that supported him during a rough childhood.

I just feel it is a waste because Namor has such a compelling and interesting story and now we might not ever get to see that on screen.

Thanks for the links and I think I will pass on seeing this in theaters, I may just rent it when it comes out.
    Of course, your choice, but I think you'll kick yourself for not seeing it in the theater, because the underwater stuff is just gorgeous. The different underwater races were fantastic. If you loved Magno's fish ship for Namor in Defenders, you will be thrilled with the ships in this movie. Just pretend it is really a Namor movie and Orm is a brave Byrrah. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Aquaman was absolutely fantastic.

I'll definitely be going to see it again.
    I enjoyed the movie, and thought the setting was amazing. I'm also going back. So much to take in.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Was that Waid's Captain America? That's the only place I've ever read that, and have no idea where that came from. It's contradicted by pretty much everything that's been written about Princess Fen and Leonard MacKenzie. They were very much in love, so much so, that Fen remembered him even when possessed by ancient sorceress. It was Fen's love, belief, and pride in Namor that supported him during a rough childhood.

Of course, your choice, but I think you'll kick yourself for not seeing it in the theater, because the underwater stuff is just gorgeous. The different underwater races were fantastic. If you loved Magno's fish ship for Namor in Defenders, you will be thrilled with the ships in this movie. Just pretend it is really a Namor movie and Orm is a brave Byrrah. ;p
    I do like Princess Fen! I loved her cameo in the 2011 Defenders the most out of her modern age appearances and really wished that we could have gotten more from her and Leonard's adventures, but this one was from a cap comic:

princess fen 1.jpg

princess fen 2.jpg

And it seemed like it wasn't a Fen thing but then I haven't read everything yet and am still working my way through the older comics now, the golden age has a lot to get through, lol. I should have started with that era but I am too impatient. I LOVED Magno's fish ship and even posted about it on twitter and he replied. I love all those Atlantean structures and steam punk/futuristic looking stuff as I am a huge fan of these kinds of designs. LOL a brave Byrahh, XD I might go see it.

Yeah... ImperusWrecked the AquaNamor movie was incredible buddy. Think of it this way... it very well may be the only chance you get to see Atlantis in that way on the big screen. I for one would not go out of my way to promote a DC movie if it was not worth it.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I liked the movie enough. It was only a couple of years ago that this kind of fantasy represented in a movie (underwater Graeco-Roman heroics) would have cheesy CGI, but Aquaman's effects were really pretty good. It was incredible to see the differing underwater races, but all the while I kept thinking I would rather see this in a Marvel Namor movie. We'll just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah... ImperusWrecked the AquaNamor movie was incredible buddy. Think of it this way... it very well may be the only chance you get to see Atlantis in that way on the big screen. I for one would not go out of my way to promote a DC movie if it was not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I liked the movie enough. It was only a couple of years ago that this kind of fantasy represented in a movie (underwater Graeco-Roman heroics) would have cheesy CGI, but Aquaman's effects were really pretty good. It was incredible to see the differing underwater races, but all the while I kept thinking I would rather see this in a Marvel Namor movie. We'll just have to see.

I agree 100%. That's why I went. I wanted to see if they could actually do the underwater stuff. And boy can they! It was a fun movie with an incredible setting and I'd recommend it to anyone. It only gets annoying AFTER the movie, generally, when you realize how much of Namor is in the movie. But that was something I knew going in. As soon as they cast Momoa, who is biracial, and he started talking about the movie, I knew they were stealing that important aspect of Namor. Had they cast Patrick Wilson, the guy who played Orm, as Aquaman, it would have had a different vibe.

I do like Princess Fen! I loved her cameo in the 2011 Defenders the most out of her modern age appearances and really wished that we could have gotten more from her and Leonard's adventures,
    I was torn about Fraction's take on Fen in the Defenders. Part of me liked the idea of her and Leonard McKenzie going on pulp adventures with Captain Nemo and company. But I didn't like the idea of Nemo being Namor's dad. That certainly didn't fit in with the love story aspect. I also think it didn't quite fit in the timeline, in that Fen was there because her people were basically being bombed. Her running off on adventures while they were trying to recover from a catastrophe seemed out of character, IMO.

but this one was from a cap comic:

princess fen 1.jpg

princess fen 2.jpg

And it seemed like it wasn't a Fen thing but then I haven't read everything yet and am still working my way through the older comics now, the golden age has a lot to get through, lol. I should have started with that era but I am too impatient.
    Yes, that's from Captain America, Sentinel of Liberty, by Waid. It was an interesting Invader story, and it was kind of funny to see Namor do a "yes, Mother" moment. But that Fen was completely off, IMO. That's not the woman Namor revered and loved all his life. He had plenty of other people trashing him. Fen wasn't one of them. In many ways, it explains why Namor gets along with women so well.

Oh. I'd only read the Golden Age stuff AFTER I became a Namor fan. It's fun stuff, but it isn't exactly ... as appealing to modern tastes.

I LOVED Magno's fish ship and even posted about it on twitter and he replied. I love all those Atlantean structures and steam punk/futuristic looking stuff as I am a huge fan of these kinds of designs. LOL a brave Byrahh, XD I might go see it.

There was that and plenty of it in the movie. Plus the costumes. This jelly fish gown Mera wore was amazing! It's something I wish the comics did more. Squint a little and you can imagine this is Lady Dorma. LOL! And yes, I will be buying this and displaying it as such. ;p

I was torn about Fraction's take on Fen in the Defenders. Part of me liked the idea of her and Leonard McKenzie going on pulp adventures with Captain Nemo and company. But I didn't like the idea of Nemo being Namor's dad. That certainly didn't fit in with the love story aspect. I also think it didn't quite fit in the timeline, in that Fen was there because her people were basically being bombed. Her running off on adventures while they were trying to recover from a catastrophe seemed out of character, IMO.

Yes, that's from Captain America, Sentinel of Liberty, by Waid. It was an interesting Invader story, and it was kind of funny to see Namor do a "yes, Mother" moment. But that Fen was completely off, IMO. That's not the woman Namor revered and loved all his life. He had plenty of other people trashing him. Fen wasn't one of them. In many ways, it explains why Namor gets along with women so well.

Oh. I'd only read the Golden Age stuff AFTER I became a Namor fan. It's fun stuff, but it isn't exactly ... as appealing to modern tastes.

There was that and plenty of it in the movie. Plus the costumes. This jelly fish gown Mera wore was amazing! It's something I wish the comics did more. Squint a little and you can imagine this is Lady Dorma. LOL! And yes, I will be buying this and displaying it as such. ;p

That looks beautiful!

I really don't think Captain Nemo is Namor's father, but it could be that Nemo was in love with Fen, I like the idea of them having to go on adventures too, and if Fen met Leonard in 1920 but Namor wasn't born until 1922 there was some time there that was missing, and it could be used to explain why the Atlanteans attacked so ferociously when they came to retrieve Fen, because she had been missing or not heard from for a few years? I honestly would have loved it if Nemo turned out to be some sort of immortal who meets up with Namor in the now and they go on an adventure or are forced to work together on something and Namor hears more of his mother and father's relationship through Nemo's POV.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I agree 100%. That's why I went. I wanted to see if they could actually do the underwater stuff. And boy can they! It was a fun movie with an incredible setting and I'd recommend it to anyone. It only gets annoying AFTER the movie, generally, when you realize how much of Namor is in the movie. But that was something I knew going in. As soon as they cast Momoa, who is biracial, and he started talking about the movie, I knew they were stealing that important aspect of Namor. Had they cast Patrick Wilson, the guy who played Orm, as Aquaman, it would have had a different vibe.
    I think after seeing how pretty it is I might go and see it, and just try and ignore the things they took from Namor, lol, Thanks everyone!

That looks beautiful!
    It was gorgeous in the movie. Now that I look at those stills, I'm wondering if the glowing jelly fish collar was actually CGI? I wish they'd dress the Atlanteans in aquatic based fashions like that, something other than just shark fins on their heads. Just google Jelly Fish Dress, and you can see a ton of imaginative fashion choices for the Atlanteans. I love how this one looks like it is bioluminescent.

Alexander MacQueen did a whole collection inspired by Plato's Atlantis, and while there were some more reptilian qualities about some pieces, there was definitely an aquatic vibe to others.

I think after seeing how pretty it is I might go and see it, and just try and ignore the things they took from Namor, lol, Thanks everyone!
    That's what I did. Sort of. LOL!

Honestly, I was mad at Marvel, not Aquaman or DC. DC has always realized what a great character Namor is, and liberally borrowed from him for both Aquaman and Black Adam. Marvel, OTOH, won't even give him a solo book, much less a movie.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-29-2018 at 12:00 PM.

I really don't think Captain Nemo is Namor's father, but it could be that Nemo was in love with Fen, I like the idea of them having to go on adventures too, and if Fen met Leonard in 1920 but Namor wasn't born until 1922 there was some time there that was missing, and it could be used to explain why the Atlanteans attacked so ferociously when they came to retrieve Fen, because she had been missing or not heard from for a few years? I honestly would have loved it if Nemo turned out to be some sort of immortal who meets up with Namor in the now and they go on an adventure or are forced to work together on something and Namor hears more of his mother and father's relationship through Nemo's POV.
    Of course, Nemo would have fallen for Fen. Besides being beautiful and awesome, she lived in his favorite environment.

I don't think the Atlanteans would have waited years. The Oracle came to Antarctica in 1920. Judging by other expeditions, they probably came in October or November of 1920, which is summer. The ship would have had to leave by February / March, I believe, as fall and winter were coming and the ice would have frozen them in. She was obviously pregnant when the Atlanteans went looking for her, let's say in early 1921, and depending on the term of Atlantean pregnancies, that would make Namor's February 1922 birthday about right.

I think there was something that Fraction was trying to do with the Fen and Nemo and the Adventures (I've forgotten their name), that made the Defenders sort of the heir to their powers / mission. Not sure if actually came out and said it, but that was definitely the impression I got.

I don't think we've seen the group or Nemo since?

I too would agree. In fact, although I'm not familiar with either actor very well, Wilson as Arthur would have made sense, to me. Leaving Jason for the hopeful, eventual Namor. For some reason I'm not a big or great fan of Jason. Okay, I guess. Namor would need a certain sense of seriousness and less grinning.

It was gorgeous in the movie. Now that I look at those stills, I'm wondering if the glowing jelly fish collar was actually CGI? I wish they'd dress the Atlanteans in aquatic based fashions like that, something other than just shark fins on their heads. Just google Jelly Fish Dress, and you can see a ton of imaginative fashion choices for the Atlanteans. I love how this one looks like it is bioluminescent.

Alexander MacQueen did a whole collection inspired by Plato's Atlantis, and while there were some more reptilian qualities about some pieces, there was definitely an aquatic vibe to others.

That's what I did. Sort of. LOL!

Honestly, I was mad at Marvel, not Aquaman or DC. DC has always realized what a great character Namor is, and liberally borrowed from him for both Aquaman and Black Adam. Marvel, OTOH, won't even give him a solo book, much less a movie.
    I am always frustrated with Marvel and how they treat Namor, I even said to my friend I hope Aquaman makes a lot of money just to show Marvel how wrong they were for ignoring Namor for so long, lol!

But then seeing how they used some elements of Namor's character/story for the movie I was very upset since I feel if Namor was ever to come into the movies then Marvel would go out of their way to change things about him. Still like you said; I also hope that writers of Marvel who see this movie will be inspired to make more stuff for Namor.

And SWEET NEPTUNE! Those are beautiful! I love love love these ocean based designs! They are so gorgeous! I have never seen anything like that jellyfish dress!

When asked if there were any other Marvel characters she'd like to write, Gail Simone replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone on Twitter
    Oh, yeah...let’s see. Iron Fist, Man-Thing, X-men (especially Kitty, Ororo, Colossus, And Hank), Thor, Hulk, Misty Knight...quite a few. And more Medusa, Punisher, Deadpool, And Spidey.

Oh, and Namor!
    https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...50537171968001

My bold. I've got to get a twitter account so I can beg ... errrr respond to such wonderful posts.

I bet a Gail Simone Namor would be AWESOME.