Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Though she was 12 to 14, through most of Innocence Lost, and Target X. (Also creation, birth, and age 7 are also depicted in them.)
    Her career as "worlds greatest assassin" was ages 12 to 13.
    She didnt debut in those minis

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She didnt debut in those minis
    I know, I included those in case the intention behind the question was more, "When did she become an active participant."
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Though she was 12 to 14, through most of Innocence Lost, and Target X. (Also creation, birth, and age 7 are also depicted in them.)
    Her career as "worlds greatest assassin" was ages 12 to 13.
    She was 13 when she escaped from the Facility. Which makes her 15 during the "Two Years Later" on the last page.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    Doesn't make much of a difference.
    I think it makes a big difference when it comes to buying original published art. If it's in pencils you're only getting 1/3 of the finished product. Does someone besides Ashley ink and color the covers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    She was 13 when she escaped from the Facility. Which makes her 15 during the "Two Years Later" on the last page.
    I said most of; she was 14 for the most events of Target X. (Though 15 in the framing device.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 03-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Wheeeee!
    If you read X-23 #10, then you know what that means and why it's awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    If you read X-23 #10, then you know what that means and why it's awesome.
    That was fun, sadly much of the issue around it was rather predictable.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh yeah. It's one of those days with two Laura appearances.

I'm stuck in work tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    While it's not her WORST look, it's certainly pretty forgettable.
    Well, I liked it in the sense that it actually shows how shaggy was Laura at that time, I don't understand why they seems to try to forget her past on NYX

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

X-23 actually had more action than the 2 AoXM books combined but I honestly can't tell if the next issue is a continuation of this already long arc or a spin-off.

6/10
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Well, I liked it in the sense that it actually shows how shaggy was Laura at that time, I don't understand why they seems to try to forget her past on NYX
    bc its dark and deals with themes typically not addressed in X-men books. I dont think writers want to reinforce that Laura was a teen prostitute and I dont see what going back to that brings.

BANNED

bc its dark and deals with themes typically not addressed in X-men books. I dont think writers want to reinforce that Laura was a teen prostitute and I dont see what going back to that brings.
    The thing is it has added relevancy in the current sociopolitical climate of the #MeToo movement. Laura and Jessica Jones could both be good platforms to address themes of consent, power, and control, since both of their backgrounds are heavily influenced by it.

More than "bring back" I'm talking about acknowledge his existence, yes it is a depressive and dark past, but also was his past as child weapon. I don't understand why is considered worse being prostituted than forced to kill your own mother. Also there is the matter of how much has Laura evolved from a human weapon with none control of his body and will, to a struggling teen trying to become a "real" person, to the strong and self confident woman she is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    More than "bring back" I'm talking about acknowledge his existence, yes it is a depressive and dark past, but also was his past as child weapon. I don't understand why is considered worse being prostituted than forced to kill your own mother. Also there is the matter of how much has Laura evolved from a human weapon with none control of his body and will, to a struggling teen trying to become a "real" person, to the strong and self confident woman she is nowadays.
    Child sex has always looked down upon more than murder, at least in the US. Killing is desensitized, especially in comics where it happens all the time. I dont think we will get to a point where pedophilia will ever not carry a stigma to it

And we shouldn't it's a terrible act, but the point is that she lived through it, she survived and she is now a happy woman. Also I think that killing her own mother also talks volumes about how she wasn't in control of her body and mind, it's not just a cold desentized murder, it's a very relevant one who marked her perhaps more than his time in NYX.

Back to the point, she survived something very hard and dark and still get away and got a nice live. I agree with Ambaryerno that it could be a great example to address a very delicate theme who just recently has got relevance.