Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    bc its dark and deals with themes typically not addressed in X-men books. I dont think writers want to reinforce that Laura was a teen prostitute and I dont see what going back to that brings.
    From what I've seen, it's usually either cited as part of the reason she has no tolerance for tracking of any kind and/or to contrast her tragic beginnings with the progress she's made now. Personally, I'm not sure it was a good story to tell in the first place, but I think that once it was set that subsequent writers have done pretty well with using the backstory respectfully and in a way that's worth it if the story calls for it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Child sex has always looked down upon more than murder, at least in the US. Killing is desensitized, especially in comics where it happens all the time. I dont think we will get to a point where pedophilia will ever not carry a stigma to it
    There's also the fact that in the end, death is the ultimate equalizer. Everyone is going to die eventually. Not everyone experiences rape. Both are horrible crimes in which I honestly believe anyone found guilty of either should face the full extent of the law, but one is stigmatized more because people have to live with the trauma, whereas with murder, well ... you get the idea.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    There's also the fact that in the end, death is the ultimate equalizer. Everyone is going to die eventually. Not everyone experiences rape. Both are horrible crimes in which I honestly believe anyone found guilty of either should face the full extent of the law, but one is stigmatized more because people have to live with the trauma, whereas with murder, well ... you get the idea.
    I don’t think that is the reason. It’s possible to conquer trauma especially with the rise of MDMA therapy easily curing people with PTSD.

People in the US tend to be uncomfortable with issues regarding sex in general. For example, some states have the age of consent lower than the driving age despite driving having greater consequences (killing or maim yourself and/or others in an accident). So naturally sex crimes get under people’s skins more.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-13-2019 at 11:09 PM.

There can be many treatments that help with the symptoms of PTSD, but there is not a known cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There can be many treatments that help with the symptoms of PTSD, but there is not a known cure.
    Cure is probably not the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I think it makes a big difference when it comes to buying original published art. If it's in pencils you're only getting 1/3 of the finished product. Does someone besides Ashley ink and color the covers?
    Ashley does everything herself. In cases like this she basically just colors/paints digitally on top of the lineart, there's not really an inked version. I'd agree with you if there's a penciler and inker involved, but that's not the case here. It's the original and the artist worked directly on it, pen(cil) to paper, that's the most important thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    Ashley does everything herself. In cases like this she basically just colors/paints digitally on top of the lineart, there's not really an inked version. I'd agree with you if there's a penciler and inker involved, but that's not the case here. It's the original and the artist worked directly on it, pen(cil) to paper, that's the most important thing to me.
    Thanks for the info!

I know Laura is 20 or 21, but how old is she supposed to look? I guest my real question is when does the slow aging start and how long does it take her to age?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    I know Laura is 20 or 21, but how old is she supposed to look? I guest my real question is when does the slow aging start and how long does it take her to age?
    Because of how the human maturation process works, I would think she would develop normally until she gets to around 30 or so, and that's the point at which her aging would slow.

Guess who’s the 9th favorite female superhero on Fandango.

https://www.newsarama.com/44158-wond...-villains.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because of how the human maturation process works, I would think she would develop normally until she gets to around 30 or so, and that's the point at which her aging would slow.
    Yeah, that's why Logan looks about that age.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Was Laura really aged to 20/21?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Was Laura really aged to 20/21?
    Yes she is mentioned to be 20 in All new Wolverine and in her new run she had another "birthday".

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's why Logan looks about that age.
    Well, yes but also Daken looks as 20 something while he is 60-80, so maybe she will be slowing her aging process at er last 20's
    Last edited by Coatl; 03-15-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Yes she is mentioned to be 20 in All new Wolverine and in her new run she had another "birthday".
    I know Marvel tends to be a little blurry on the aging of the their younger heroes, but that seems like a huge jump. Do we know how old Jubilee is suppose to be now?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I know Marvel tends to be a little blurry on the aging of the their younger heroes, but that seems like a huge jump. Do we know how old Jubilee is suppose to be now?
    I think that he was finally allowed to be a 20 something, surely a bit above of 21 since she was supposed to adopt a baby boy some time ago, and I don't think that the american laws allows anyone under 21 to adopt a child.