Page 138 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So far, as far as we know, he’s been killed off in Age of X-Man by Omega Red. Up til then, he’s alternated between limbo and hanging out with whatever teen group is getting focus in the X-books.
    The problem with be xbooks sometimes, is they introduce these characters in huge important arcs for purposes of the plot (Genesis, hope summers, x-man) and then don’t resolve their arcs and let them hang around the xbooks with nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It does not solve the problem but at least it will give them time for the mutant species to grow without worrying about being extinct every 6 months.

I guess it's easier to deal with mutant babies ...all you need is everyday household items

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    The problem with be xbooks sometimes, is they introduce these characters in huge important arcs for purposes of the plot (Genesis, hope summers, x-man) and then don’t resolve their arcs and let them hang around the xbooks with nothing to do.
    much like life after college
    Last edited by BroHomo; 06-23-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Regardless of what they are, the fact is mutants are born to human families and occasionally, humans are born to mutant families. Xavier's dream, peaceful cohabitation between humans and mutants is the only desirable outcome. Segregation means tearing children away from their mothers. A subset of mutantkind leaving Earth does not change this problem, not for mutantkind as a whole nor even just themselves as a long run. It's just a vacation.
    You resumed very well the whole absurdity of this decision!

Have not you heard about the thousands of LGBT people who have to flee their home countries and leave their families to find a place to be themselves?

So does everyone buy into the Mars theory now, or did someone confirm it?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Larraz praises the escalation of HOX

Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-23-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Bishop and jubliee are in the first wave of x books

https://twitter.com/chrisrobinson/st...254190595?s=19

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Depending on how serious things are, we could end up having to wait longer for HOX /POX
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...61481836929024

JDW isn't feelings well, and is trying to make the deadline rather than go to the doctor. If he can do that, remains to be seen. Hopefully it's nothing too bad if he is trying to push through. I wish him well.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-23-2019 at 12:32 PM.

I really love future slim sentinels design by Silva.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Where did the adult Apocalypse come from anyways?

Evan was cloned from another kid Apocalypse who was supposedly the real one just deaged by Celestial nonsense. But Fantomex killed the first kid Apocalypse, so where did they dig up the current one?
    I don't think something like this was ever mentioned. About adult Apoc, wasn't Rosenberg the last writer that touched him?

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    I don't think something like this was ever mentioned. About adult Apoc, wasn't Rosenberg the last writer that touched him?
    I was misremembering something I read in an interview by Remender when Uncanny X-Force started

The title of the introductory arc of "Uncanny X-Force" is "The Apocalypse Solution," and in the story, the cast will find themselves in a variation of the young Hitler dilemma. Unbeknownst to them, Apocalypse's followers in the Akkaba Society recently performed a ritual that caused their leader to be reborn as young boy. "That classic moral dilemma was part of the initial appeal of having Apocalypse reborn as a kid. When you've got a band of characters that are resigned to the mission of assassination what are you going to throw in their way, that makes that more interesting than just cutting up an army of people to get to the main boss," Remender remarked. "So while cooking this thing up, that sort of became a more interesting angle. It was something that I discussed with my editors Axel Alonso and Jody Leheup and 'Uncanny X-Men' writer Matt Fraction. We bounced it around and everybody agreed that it was more exciting in terms of the end result, and it was a bigger reveal."

The revelation that Apocalypse is now a young boy came at the end of "Uncanny X-Force" #1, setting up what Remender hopes will be his be-all end-all Apocalypse story. "I think we've come up with a nice device, considering Apocalypse has appeared in a number of different incarnations over the past several years. There are pieces of his consciousness that supposedly remain in Scott Summers's head, his body was off with the Celestials and there's some incarnation of him that had contact with Hope in the future," Remender stated. "What the Akkaba society has done is sort of the last push. This is it. They sacrifice a human, and everything that was Apocalypse is drawn into one form and started from scratch."
    Before Disassembled, Apocalypse had those back up stories in X-Men Black. But that didn't really explain where he came from either.

Before that a future version of Apocalypse was in Extraordinary X-Men, but I think Nightcrawler ended up killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Accelerated time like in The World which Fantomex has access to and Xavier is now Fantomex
    That's actually interesting. What if something like the world exists and the Xmen go away for a few months which allows them to evolve in a short span of time in the marvel u but maybe decades for them (assuming they really become immortal) That allows them to reintroduce themselves into the MU on a whole other power scale.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Have not you heard about the thousands of LGBT people who have to flee their home countries and leave their families to find a place to be themselves?
    Yeah I don't really see how the narrative of mutants seeking a safe place away from humanity is unrealistic especially in a world where 16 MILLION mutants were massacred by deathbots and the governments/world's response to that was...nothing.

Not to mention the other 1001 threats mutants face daily.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-23-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's actually interesting. What if something like the world exists and the Xmen go away for a few months which allows them to evolve in a short span of time in the marvel u but maybe decades for them (assuming they really become immortal) That allows them to reintroduce themselves into the MU on a whole other power scale.
    Well, Hickman said House of X was about one eventful MONTH that changes everything for the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah I don't really see how the narrative of mutants seeking a safe place away from humanity is unrealistic especially in a world where 16 MILLION mutants were massacred by deathbots and the governments/world's response to that was...nothing.
    Not to mention if they are leaving with the intent to mature and level up only to return it's not really running away. It's strategizing. Most mutants are killed extremely young so it makes sense most never reach their full potential and as we have seen from secondary mutations and the like mutants are continuously evolving. Well most. I don't think there is one mutant that has reached their full potential aside from Apocalypse, Xavier, Magneto and even they are debatable.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/