Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Must haves: Green Lantern Facsimile Edition, all four Dollar Comics, DC War Giant #1, and Famous First Edition: New Fun #1 HC. A couple other giants depend on the content, but I'm all over the War Giant title. Hopefully it has a lot of Sgt. Rock stories.

Thoughts:

- Sounds like the Far Sector GL is defending a fake utopia. I wonder how comfortable she is with that since it seems like she's been there for a few years?

- I'm interested to see where this Blackstars run for Hal goes before we get the normal GL back for "season 2." I'm expecting a lot of pain for Mongul...

- DC relaunching He-Man again? It's nice to see they're not letting the property lie in total limbo.

- "Billy Batson is a good kid. He helps his friends, loves his family, and tries to do the right thing." Sounds like classic Billy. I haven't read Johns' recent stuff yet, is he written that way again now? Although his infected self sounds like he's acting like the preconceptions for New 52 Billy.

- I feel bad for Jaime to have to come out of limbo just to get turned into a villain for an event.

- Anyone else notice the Marvel "gets?" Sina Grace? Dennis Hopeless?

- Brian Bendis on a Legion reboot. I hope the fans, team, and title survive the experience.

- Nice to see the Question back in his own mini series. I'm eager to see Lemire's take on Vic.

- So I guess the Black Lanterns won because Sinestro remained the White Lantern instead of it transferring to Hal like it did in the original story.

- Hey, Ted's leading his own story too! Although it looks like he turns evil .

- Leviathan looks so Dr. Doom. And his solders in silhouette look...kind of like OMAC's?

- Sounds like the Flashes are going to have to take it to the Rogues in their individual domains.

- Wally and an alternate Roy on a world of a vampire Justice League actually sounds kind of fun. Dare I have hopes for this book?

- Will Perpetua cement herself as the next great DCU Big Bad?

- That Looney Tunes comic seems surprisingly Space Jam-esque.

- I'm surprised the Metal Men mini is going to tie-in to the Dark Multiverse stuff, but I guess Didio was into it. What's next, Sideways?

- I don't know how I feel about Naomi joining Young Justice. I mean, I get she's a new rising star young hero but it feels like the team's barely settled into itself yet and I'm not sure if Bendis knows what to do with anyone past the core YJ 4.

- "Billy Batson is a good kid. He helps his friends, loves his family, and tries to do the right thing." Sounds like classic Billy. I haven't read Johns' recent stuff yet, is he written that way again now? Although his infected self sounds like he's acting like the preconceptions for New 52 Billy.
    Does sound a little old school. I don't like Billy (or Mary or Freddy) being corrupted. I know it's kinda cheesy, but I love them having incorruptible souls. Not that the magic makes them incorruptible, but that they already were (Billy, particularly, as that was something Shazam was looking for). Plus the James Jesse/Neron trick was amazing, and it is sort of reminiscent of that flavor to that to me.

- I feel bad for Jaime to have to come out of limbo just to get turned into a villain for an event.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    People always forget Huntress is black now
    Is she black or more of an olive/dark skin?

I didn't think she would fall into the black / African-American range.
    (Isn't she still of Italian heritage?)

So... Why Blackstars, and not Darkstars?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I thought she was a darker-complected woman of Sicilian ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    So... Why Blackstars, and not Darkstars?
    GL had a Darkstars arc right before Morrison took over, and he wanted his version to feel unique.

FAR SECTOR #1
    written by N.K. JEMISIN
    art and cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    variant cover by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
    variant cover by JAMIE McKELVIE
    N.K. Jemisin, the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Broken Earth and Inheritance science fiction trilogies, makes her comic book debut with bestselling Naomi artist Jamal Campbell as they thrust you into a stunning sci-fi murder mystery on the other side of the universe!
    For the past six months, newly chosen Green Lantern Sojourner “Jo” Mullein has been protecting the City Enduring, a massive metropolis of 20 billion people. The city has maintained peace for over 500 years by stripping its citizens of their ability to feel. As a result, violent crime is virtually unheard of, and murder is nonexistent.
    But that’s all about to change in this new maxiseries that gives a DC Young Animal spin to the legacy of the Green Lanterns!
    ON SALE 11.13.19
    $3.99 US |1 OF 12 |32 PAGES
    FC | DC BLACK LABEL
    Nothing else matters to me!! This is my most anticipated book.

THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE - I follow anything with Denys Cowan, one of my favorite comic book artists before I knew comic book artists.

KING SHAZAM - king. shazam. those are just two cool things back to back, I am compelled to pull

YOUNG JUSTICE #10 - I'm really interested to see Tim Drake's transition out of the Robin role, plus NAOMI!

Outsiders, Red Hood, Justice League, The Flash, Batman Aquaman - regular pulls all look good

this is looking like a solid month for me! a lot of anticipated titles.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I don't think it's ever explicitly stated if she's black/of African descent but we do know she is Italian and gets her complexion from her mother. Some artist draw her leaning a smidge more afrocentric but I think it's generally assumed she's just of a deeper toned sicilian ancestry.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    GL had a Darkstars arc right before Morrison took over, and he wanted his version to feel unique.
    Oh, okay.
    Guess that's better than using the Darkstars twice in the same decade.
    But I see why he did it now.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Good God, I'm going to go broke...

far sector #1 - I feel like I've been waiting forever for this!
    green lantern: blackstars #1
    the question: the deaths of vic sage #1
    the batman’s grave #2
    batman universe #5
    justice league #35 & 36
    lois lane #5
    superman’s pal jimmy olsen #5
    collapser #5
    aquaman #54
    batgirl #41

Maybe: the last god #2
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-16-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    YOUNG JUSTICE #10 - I'm really interested to see Tim Drake's transition out of the Robin role, plus NAOMI!
    For the second time, although I guess this time he won't have Robin still in his codename .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For the second time, although I guess this time he won't have Robin still in his codename .
    And won't take another of Jason's hero names (Jason was the first Red Robin).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Official Seeley twitter answer is black and Italian. He's since deleted the tweet though so I can't repost it. He also said she's Sicilian in an earlier interview, during the start of Grayson. I just don't remember which interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:
    - Wally and an alternate Roy on a world of a vampire Justice League actually sound kind of fun. Dare I have hopes for this book?
    If he writes them like Red Hood/Arsenal it could be good in a fun, turn your brain off, buddy movie kind of way.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-16-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Still no DOOMSDAY CLOCK.
    Wth...
    I thought it’d definitely wrap up by the end of this year. Smh.