1 2.50%
  • Multiple people using the Leviathan ID

11 27.50%
  • None of the above

18 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Conner Hawke is certainly a possibility, and could work, but I just imagine them going with the simpler solution of finally giving Emiko the--non gendered--mantel of Green Arrow and continuing the story they already cultivated for her. To my knowledge, Connor's existence hasn't even been hinted at, and given the fact this Green Arrow and possible Leviathan seems to have been planed since Bendis came on and Snyder planed out No Justice, it would be odd to not at least hint at Conner, right?
    I mean, they teased him during Percy's run so it's it's not like he wasn't hinted at, Percy just left the book before they could do anything with it.

Again, I just don't think Emiko's character is at a place where she would believably become the new Green Arrow or want to take that over her current identity. I mean, if it were planned it certainly doesn't seem to have much current build up.

Has anyone considered Ralph Dibney? I don't know where he's been since the reboot (an appearance in Secret Six or something?) or what his history looks like these days but after Infinite Crisis and 52 I could see him going in this direction. And he's oddly missing from this league of detectives.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I agree.

Max Lord would be a letdown. We've already seen him as a masterfully manipulative villain that took over a huge spy organization. I don't think it's him at all. And the con man thing would be pretty on the nose. Maybe Amanda Waller just thinks it's Max and that's why she said that.

I wonder how much stock to put in the "con man" reference. If it's a genuine clue that would pretty much rule out Green Arrow for me. GA's honest 'to a fault.' I have a hard time imagining anyone thinking of him as a con man, especially Waller.

It's a stretch (and one I wouldn't agree with) but I guess someone might call Roy a con man based on his success in temporarily hiding his drug addiction. Or maybe he's a "con man" because he convinced everyone he's dead when he isn't? And maybe he has the contents of the box J'onn gave Ollie somehow?

I sort of love the idea of Earth-Two Roy Harper. I don't think it's likely but I love the idea of it because it would mean Earth-Two was back in some way. And we haven't seen Golden Age Green Arrow and Speedy since CoIE, IIRC.

And someone like that might make some sense of Leviathan having referred to Plastic Man as having belonged to all the teams the character ever belonged to regardless of continuity. But that could be any number of characters.

I do think that Plastic Man reference is a pretty big clue though--if not to the "who" then to the "why." It's more idiosyncratic than unknown alien tech or someone being a con artist.

Not hazarding a guess, just thinking out loud.
    Does Max Lord even exist in the current continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Has anyone considered Ralph Dibney? I don't know where he's been since the reboot (an appearance in Secret Six or something?) or what his history looks like these days but after Infinite Crisis and 52 I could see him going in this direction. And he's oddly missing from this league of detectives.
    Ralph was mentioned as being sidelined but I don't recall the excuse they used. Of course it could be a false report...

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Does Max Lord even exist in the current continuity?
    Yeah. He was the main villain in the Justice League/Suicide Squad crossover. He worked with Waller previously and I believe ended up on the Suicide Squad at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This seems like a strong theory to me. Assuming Sue is dead in current continuity he has good motivation to want to upend the status quo. He's also one of the 'world's greatest detectives' (legitimately, unlike Plas) so he'd be able to stay a step ahead of them. He's known for being jokey so he fits Leviathan's light dialogue too. (Batman doesn't talk like that but Ralph does) And the fact that he was just name dropped by Lois Lane and has the 'world's greatest detective' reputation, it wouldn't be entirely out of left field.

It's also challenging to think of a character that would be a bigger surprise from a story perspective.

I love this theory too because it would bring Ralph back into the spotlight.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they teased him during Percy's run so it's it's not like he wasn't hinted at, Percy just left the book before they could do anything with it.

Again, I just don't think Emiko's character is at a place where she would believably become the new Green Arrow or want to take that over her current identity. I mean, if it were planned it certainly doesn't seem to have much current build up.
    I wasn't at all aware that Percy unambiguously and definitively hinted at Connor. Like I said, there's no reason it couldn't work.

But in the case of Emiko, the idea that she'd happen to be in the market to take over as Green Arrow JUST when Oliver is possibly on his way out is not at all required by the very nature of Oliver likely not preparing anyone for this switch because of the nature of it. I mean, it's not like Dick was in the market to take over for Bruce. Emiko feeling the need take up the mantel could very easily be a reaction to Oliver's possible actions in this event, and it really wouldn't have to be any more complex than that in the way of build up.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Please let it be Conner, I need him back.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Conner Hawke would be a great possibility. He's gotta helluva motivation after being erased from history in the latest round of time shenanigans that the heroes failed to prevent (three of which were caused by heroes being manipulated by baddies)

This seems like a strong theory to me. Assuming Sue is dead in current continuity he has good motivation to want to upend the status quo.
    She was alive early in Rebirth. I think she was amnesiac moll of the Riddler or something, and Ralph was trying to return her memory and get her back. I didn't finish the story and don't know how it turned out, as I deeply disliked that being done to her. In fact, I may have completely misremembered whatever it was. I just know she was alive, and I didn't like what was being down with her and Ralph. And also, Secret Six just isn't my kind of title (I like the stories to be about the heroes). I read six issues specifically for Ralph and Sue, then abandoned it. But as far I know, she's not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    She was alive early in Rebirth. I think she was amnesiac moll of the Riddler or something, and Ralph was trying to return her memory and get her back. I didn't finish the story and don't know how it turned out, as I deeply disliked that being done to her. In fact, I may have completely misremembered whatever it was. I just know she was alive, and I didn't like what was being down with her and Ralph. And also, Secret Six just isn't my kind of title (I like the stories to be about the heroes). I read six issues specifically for Ralph and Sue, then abandoned it. But as far I know, she's not dead.
    She was also with Ralph in the Detectives Guild story in Detective Comics 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    She was also with Ralph in the Detectives Guild story in Detective Comics 1000.
    Cool. Is it worth reading, if I'm reading for Ralph and/or Sue? Anniversary issues tend not to be my thing - they usually try to cram a lot of cameos and shout outs in and end not being very good stories, IMO. Though I can think of a couple good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But in the case of Emiko, the idea that she'd happen to be in the market to take over as Green Arrow JUST when Oliver is possibly on his way out is not at all required by the very nature of Oliver likely not preparing anyone for this switch because of the nature of it. I mean, it's not like Dick was in the market to take over for Bruce. Emiko feeling the need take up the mantel could very easily be a reaction to Oliver's possible actions in this event, and it really wouldn't have to be any more complex than that in the way of build up.
    Of course I wouldn't rule something like that out, I'm just not sure if it would feel right with the characters in the place they are (compared to when Dick took over during Morrison's run or Prodigal). But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Cool. Is it worth reading, if I'm reading for Ralph and/or Sue? Anniversary issues tend not to be my thing - they usually try to cram a lot of cameos and shout outs in and end not being very good stories, IMO. Though I can think of a couple good ones.
    It's a solid story but not one I'd read just for Ralph and Sue.

At this point I would be surprised by Bendis if Leviathan isn't someone who's already appeared, or mentioned in the first three issues. Otherwise, it's not exactly playing fair with the mystery as he purported. One shouldn't be well-versed in DC lore to make an educated guess - it should all be within the confines of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    At this point I would be surprised by Bendis if Leviathan isn't someone who's already appeared, or mentioned in the first three issues. Otherwise, it's not exactly playing fair with the mystery as he purported. One shouldn't be well-versed in DC lore to make an educated guess - it should all be within the confines of this story.
    I liked the idea it was Mark Shaw (OG!Manhunter) but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.