Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1570

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was Lilith deliberately created as a Jean Grey expy, I wonder?
    Damian's first team had Starfire, and in the current one it's meant to be Red Arrow.
    For my money, no team should be designed that needs a den mother, really. I wasn't really all that happy with that aspect of the original Young Justice. Can't comment of the current Teen Titans, specifically, as I'm not reading. Tried early on when Kory was there, and I was just too mired in post-COIE continuity to handle Raven and Gar and Kory there, and two of them peers(ish) of Damian instead of Dick. Messed with my head. Did read a little of the newer team, but it didn't grab me.

Lilith has certain skill, I admit, but I'd be more interested in Mal or Karen or even a revamped Hank and Don, except New 52 already had him dead again, I thought.

she would have healed dick grayson mind, since she another esp friend of his
    What are Lilith's skills these days? I don't think I've read anything with her since her pre-COIE ascension to Olympus. I know she's got some psychic powers, but didn't know she did healing (though Raven did). Of course, the difference in brain and mind can be murky, especially in fiction. I'm not reading Ric, so don't even know if they specified his psychological. And, of course, an adult has the right to refuse treatment for themselves.

Though now I'm thinking of the healing options available to Barbara in 1988, and them not being taken for plot's sake (yet I'm also not sure if some were out of commission then).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was Lilith deliberately created as a Jean Grey expy, I wonder?
    Damian's first team had Starfire, and in the current one it's meant to be Red Arrow.
    Both of them were poor den mothers for different reasons, Starfire should NEVER have been reduced to Damian's 'den mother' and was a bit too lax with him. Emiko(at least during this run) has a similar mentality to Damian and supports his sketchiness. Starfire would call him out when he tried to go to far, while Emiko supports Damian crossing the line.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    For my money, no team should be designed that needs a den mother, really. I wasn't really all that happy with that aspect of the original Young Justice. Can't comment of the current Teen Titans, specifically, as I'm not reading. Tried early on when Kory was there, and I was just too mired in post-COIE continuity to handle Raven and Gar and Kory there, and two of them peers(ish) of Damian instead of Dick. Messed with my head. Did read a little of the newer team, but it didn't grab me.

Lilith has certain skill, I admit, but I'd be more interested in Mal or Karen or even a revamped Hank and Don, except New 52 already had him dead again, I thought.

What are Lilith's skills these days? I don't think I've read anything with her since her pre-COIE ascension to Olympus. I know she's got some psychic powers, but didn't know she did healing (though Raven did). Of course, the difference in brain and mind can be murky, especially in fiction. I'm not reading Ric, so don't even know if they specified his psychological. And, of course, an adult has the right to refuse treatment for themselves.

Though now I'm thinking of the healing options available to Barbara in 1988, and them not being taken for plot's sake (yet I'm also not sure if some were out of commission then).

She is a stronger telepath then psimon but proably not miss martian
    she still has her precognitve abilites, psychic blast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Both of them were poor den mothers for different reasons, Starfire should NEVER have been reduced to Damian's 'den mother' and was a bit too lax with him. Emiko(at least during this run) has a similar mentality to Damian and supports his sketchiness. Starfire would call him out when he tried to go to far, while Emiko supports Damian crossing the line.
    Being a den mother and being on the team should not coincide
    Emiko was second in command not a den mother
    Starfire was not a good fit for Damian's team, I dont even like her on teams with tim

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Being a den mother and being on the team should not coincide
    Emiko was second in command not a den mother
    Starfire was not a good fit for Damian's team, I dont even like her on teams with tim
    I think Starfire worked with Damian in the animated movies but I don't think that translated to the comics as well, especially since Damian didn't feel as equal to the other Titans as he did in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Starfire worked with Damian in the animated movies but I don't think that translated to the comics as well, especially since Damian didn't feel as equal to the other Titans as he did in the movies.
    The animated Teen Titans kind of take a combination of continuities too. There, Dick is still with Starfire, they went through the Judas Contract, did Raven's arc, and Damian was brought in by Dick to be around people his own age.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The problem in the comics was that writers tried to make Damian superior to the other Titans. Damian's problem on team books is that he's never challenged. Writers either make characters yes-men to Damian or pretend that the characters who call him out are in the wrong.

If Damian is going to be on a team, he needs to be surrounded by characters who will call him out and don't defer to him.

The problem in the comics was that writers tried to make Damian superior to the other Titans. Damian's problem on team books is that he's never challenged. Writers either make characters yes-men to Damian or pretend that the characters who call him out are in the wrong.

If Damian is going to be on a team, he needs to be surrounded by characters who will call him out and don't defer to him.
    I guess that was one improvement with the Glass Titans in that, aside from I guess Djinn, they really did not take Damian that seriously.

They skipped something pretty big with Damian and the TTs, Damian is a character that needs to learn the things that others take for granted. Being superhero was and is not natural to Damian, and so Damian never had his Batman and Robin journey when it comes to how to operate or lead a superhero team. That is why i say they should reboot to just 1 Titans team, and have Damian work with Dick so that he can learn and be show first hand.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-23-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They skipped something pretty big with Damian and the TTs, Damian is a character that needs to learn the things that others take for granted. Being superhero was and is not natural to Damian, and so Damian never had his Batman and Robin journey when it comes to how to operate or lead a superhero team. That is why i say they should reboot to just 1 Titans team, and have Damian work with Dick so that he can learn and be show first hand.
    I'm not amenable to "mixed" teams - some senior and some junior members. I like teams made up of peers. He can learn heroing at home and can even learn working on a team to a degree there, too. When he's ready to move on, it should be a team of peers. And I'd rather he not be the leader of his team.

Edit: It would also run a big risk of making the Titans just another Bat title.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-23-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think that Damian working with Dick on a Titans team is a good idea, but would the writers treat Dick with respect?

Everytime Damian winds up on a TT with older characters, writers use them to prop up Damian even when he's in the wrong.

I think that Damian working with Dick on a Titans team is a good idea, but would the writers treat Dick with respect?

Everytime Damian winds up on a TT with older characters, writers use them to prop up Damian even when he's in the wrong.
    If not for the stupid age up on Jon Kent, I'd say he would have been a good balance for Damian on the Titans, despite being younger. He's stood up to Damian and disagreed with him many times, and the two ended up becoming best friends.

I think they really dropped the ball not exploring Dick and Damian leading their own respective Titans team. Especially when Lazarus Contract was as disappointing a crossover as it was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If not for the stupid age up on Jon Kent, I'd say he would have been a good balance for Damian on the Titans, despite being younger. He's stood up to Damian and disagreed with him many times, and the two ended up becoming best friends.
    Supersons was the only book(or any other piece of media)where I found Damian to be slightly likable.

Supersons was the only book(or any other piece of media)where I found Damian to be slightly likable.
    Man, those were the days. He and Jon played off each other so well .