Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Aging is kinda odd, yeah.

Most of Fury's people have survived, while Ms. America and Whizzer bought it early on. Plenty of Golden Age characters survived to the modern era because of suspended animation, and I think Namor was implied to have been thrown into the future in Lost Generation.

To bring this back to Blue, was it established that he met his wife in any particular era? I thought that she was sent to spy on him after Blue popped back up on the radar after his 'death' at the hands of that random alien. She was sent to see if he was pissed, and then went florence nightingale.

I wouldn't think that she would have needed age protection.
    In the 60s the United States Government set up S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Marlene Frazier as Brashear's monitor under the cover name Candace. Frazier eventually became his lover, his wife and the mother of their two children.

BANNED

Double post deleted.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-03-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    In the 60s the United States Government set up S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Marlene Frazier as Brashear's monitor under the cover name Candace. Frazier eventually became his lover, his wife and the mother of their two children.
    Unless she was dating a Beetle at the time, I don't think she has any hard connections to that era though, anymore than Reed and Ben's time serving in WW2

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

IIRC, Ewing actually stated that exposure to Adam helped keep his wife young. Seems like anything can delay aging in the MU, lol
    Yeah, I know that Ewing indicated that Blue was the reason why she was relatively young, but he didn't exactly give details as to how/why that was possible, or what specific aspect of Adam's powers entails targeted de-ageing in others. If he's saying that Adam is basically a lodestone for youth and vitality, that could make for another interesting twist. I mean is it possible that Adam can pass along not only his longevity, but other powers to others that are exposed to him for prolonged periods? I guess we'll have to wait and see if Monica shows any effects. If she starts bench pressing entire solar systems, then we'll know for sure. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, something is better than nothing, I guess.

It just feels that Marvel doesn't really know what to do with Blue Marvel still. Seriously, Marvel, give me a call. I have enough ideas to cover 200 issues. 300 if I have to integrate him into yearly events and aftermath.
    Yes, you have to integrate him into yearly events and aftermath. It's an editorial mandate! And keep relaunching his book if it doesn't sell well.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-03-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Unless she was dating a Beetle at the time, I don't think she has any hard connections to that era though, anymore than Reed and Ben's time serving in WW2
    Actually, the Civil Rights era, per Grevioux, is what date stamps Marlene to the 1960s. As does President Kennedy's assassination in 1963. Kennedy obviously issued his executive order well before his untimely death. SHIELD started monitoring Blue immediately after the EO was issued. So Marlene had to show up on Blue's doorstep at some point before 1963. Now given that Marlene was fresh out of college when she joined SHIELD, she was at least 21, if not older. Lastly, one final event benchmark here. President Obama did appear in the 616 Marvel timestream. That means we can toss out the sliding timescale nonsense. 616 is more or less "current" no matter what anyone says. Given all of the aforementioned, Marlene would have been in her late 60s or early 70s at the time of her death. However, she was depicted as a much younger and more vibrant woman. Not an age spot, décolleté wrinkle, crepey skin, sagging bosom or crow's feet in sight.

At this point, I'll take what I can get when it comes to Blue. Let's hope this book is good and he stands out.

I would like to believe that this is the opportunity for Blue Marvel to really be integrated into Marvel comics by a writer with a slightly higher profile. An event could be used to showcase him to other writers to show his potential. I believe he just needs the right kind of portrayal. Not sure if Ewing did it best with cast that had too many other characters and moving parts.

Now that's unexpected:

DOCTOR DOOM #3

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W), SALVADOR LARROCA (A), Cover by ACO, 2020 VARIANT COVER BY PATCH ZIRCHER.

DOCTOR DOOM is dead. For now. In this issue he literally finds himself in Hell, battling against his old foe Mephisto for the control of his own soul. It's an epic underworld fight, the victor of which may have to be decided by an unexpected third party. Meanwhile, the Blue Marvel continues his hunt for the Doctor, and begins to wonder if Victor's more victim than villain...
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Now that's unexpected:

That sounds cool. BM is being used with in a story with as high a profile villain as you're going to get in the MU (even if the story itself isn't high profile). I'll take it.

makes you wonder why Doom is jealous of Reed Richards but not Adam Brashear. the latter is, arguably, higher-functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    makes you wonder why Doom is jealous of Reed Richards but not Adam Brashear. the latter is, arguably, higher-functioning.
    He knows Reed more personally while he only recently learned of Adam's existence and doesn't know much about him. If he knows anything about him at all.

Dooms issues with Reed are pretty personal in nature. Also, Reed has a rather long string of victories over Doom. And I think there's a certain general consensus that smartest of his peer group (the Moon Girl stuff is fairly new).

Honestly if Doom didn't have a long personal history with Reed, I don't think he'd be jeolous of Reed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He knows Reed more personally while he only recently learned of Adam's existence and doesn't know much about him. If he knows anything about him at all.
    but think about it. here's this genius that managed to stay off of Doom's radar who also has "superman" powers. that should bother Doom on several levels. keep in mind that they guy routinely monitors powerful individuals because they are potential threats (or targets).

but think about it. here's this genius that managed to stay off of Doom's radar who also has "superman" powers. that should bother Doom on several levels. keep in mind that they guy routinely monitors powerful individuals because they are potential threats (or targets).
    That might be reason for him to be curious about Adam... but I wouldn't say it's reason for him to be jeolous of him.