Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I'd love to see the Livewires pop up again.

Renegade LMDs on a mission to destroy mad science black ops projects -- what's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I'd love to see the Livewires pop up again.

Renegade LMDs on a mission to destroy mad science black ops projects -- what's not to love?
    I imagine it would be hard since all but two of them were killed off by the end of their mini. That and Adam Warren's since found his own success with Empowered and so he doesn't need Marvel anymore.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    And maybe even include this forgotten Red Ronin in it, lol...

(It's just a mess I'd like to see resolved.)
    Yeah........you think that at least Red Ronin II would've appeared within the AVENGERS ACADEMY Series, along with the other members of the Loners that appeared there.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I imagine it would be hard since all but two of them were killed off by the end of their mini. That and Adam Warren's since found his own success with Empowered and so he doesn't need Marvel anymore.
    "Killed off" is kind of easy to work around, them being LMDs and all. The end of the series more or less spells out that Stem Cell is going to rebuild the team.

I'm sure Warren's unavailability is what's kept them on the backburner, but I'd still like to see Marvel use them somewhere.

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

I don't even...

Wow, lol.

So... the current Vision took his visual cues from this guy...? Or is it just a case of them liking a certain look / name and deciding to reuse it? XD
    Roy Thomas didn't want to be annoyed that a character he created became popular and he can't control him, so he took a few names from ealier characters. I don't know how this would help, as he still created a new character, but that's what he did, according to "marvel chronicle: a year by year visual history".

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Yeah........you think that at least Red Ronin II would've appeared within the AVENGERS ACADEMY Series, along with the other members of the Loners that appeared there.
    You would think! However, Hollow did appear in Avengers Academy, and before that she was last seen escaping with Phil Urich to get away from The Loners.

So in my mind, Phil betrayed Hollow to Ms. Fujikawa, then Namie stepped in to offer herself in exchange for Hollow's freedom (the two of them were established as friends). The other Loners respected Namie's decision and honor it by looking after Hollow, which includes dragging her along with them when they decided to enroll in Avengers Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by superiorcrisis View Post
    Roy Thomas didn't want to be annoyed that a character he created became popular and he can't control him, so he took a few names from ealier characters. I don't know how this would help, as he still created a new character, but that's what he did, according to "marvel chronicle: a year by year visual history".
    Heh, weird. ^_^;; Understandable, but still weird. And funny that the character did become popular.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 01-15-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by superiorcrisis View Post
    Roy's also a huge Golden Age comics fan. If he can find an excuse to tie something back to a previous era, he'll do it.

You're right! She was great and then they let Bendis turn her into a joke and, later, kill her off (in his volume of Moon Knight).

She deserved better than that. The only witness to her death was a crazy guy who hallucinated all over the place, we need a follow-up that said he imagined the whole thing.
    And that could be done quickly and easily.

Have her come in as a supporting character in Hawkeye, because Barton is now established to be deaf again and they've both been Ronin. Clint asks her, hey, weren't you supposed to be dead? She asks in turn, who told you that? Moon Knight. Kind of answered your own question there, chief...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    And that could be done quickly and easily.

Have her come in as a supporting character in Hawkeye, because Barton is now established to be deaf again and they've both been Ronin. Clint asks her, hey, weren't you supposed to be dead? She asks in turn, who told you that? Moon Knight. Kind of answered your own question there, chief...
    Haha, exactly.

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't have a proper place to put it. That's a good place for it right there.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

From the annuals of Timely Comics we have another hero. In 1941, Elton Morrow was an archeologist that participated in a secret expedition to Antarctica. There he discovered a mysterious gemstone, a glowing blue diamond. His ship is attacked and sank by a German U Boat as they attempt to ferry the discovery home. In the chaos, the gemstone explodes filling Morrow with it's shrapnel. He changes, becoming neigh invulnerable with super strength and flight, he becomes the Blue Diamond... and promptly takes to fighting Nazi's in WW2 before proceeding all the way into space adventures with the Fantastic Four.

55287-3.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Diamond_(comics)
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 01-15-2015 at 02:34 PM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

ARMOR, Victoria Hand, Raizo Kodo, Classic Nick Fury, almost half of the Ultimate Universe, Moondragon, Reptil, Hercules, Ghost Rider (Alejandra)
    Last edited by Mutant God; 01-15-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Anyone else think that Mr. Immortal is an under-utilized character? He could be a headliner if they took the character seriously. I was reading his backstory in Dan Slott's GLA...and they were kinda playing it as a joke, but I was like..."Wow...this is really dark..." LOL. He could seriously be Marvel's answer to John Constantine (sans the magic) if they utilized him correctly. I can just picture the cliffhanger of the first issue showing him killing himself before he goes to bed every night because of his weird, twisted relationship with Death and DeathUrge. The whole waking up in fits of rage after death and the depression because everyone he knows and loves dies...he's like the classic tragic Marvel character. Sooooo much that could be done there if you took away the costume, gave him a shirt that just had the "Mr. I" logo on it and made him a detective or a street level crime fighter. There's so much that you could do there where he wouldn't be a cliche. Heck, I wouldn't mind Mr. Immortal fighting the supernatural either.

I also think that The Shivers Man and Terror Inc could be really cool if used properly. They're both weird and creepy lol.

Oh and:

-Gilgamesh
    -Darkhawk
    -American Eagle
    -Fool Killer
    -Solo
    -Maverick

I could go on and on
    Last edited by Pharoahe22; 01-15-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

American Eagle! There was a wasted opportunity. Instead of trying Moon Knight for the gazillionth time, they should have put Warren Ellis back on American Eagle. He was awesome!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Roy's also a huge Golden Age comics fan. If he can find an excuse to tie something back to a previous era, he'll do it.
    Speaking of Arakus ... did anyone understand what the heck Alec Ross was trying to do with him and D'spare in Avengers Invaders? Could you explain it to me?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    Woah, the art, colours and especially letters in this are awesome.
    Written, drawn, inked, and LETTERED by Bill Everett, Namor's creator. One of the under rated geniuses of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Namor shouldn't feel bad. She would have caught me too.
    LOL! Yeah, I think Namor felt bad for like a minute, before he fell for her charms and bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    My favourite part is that she's wearing a handbag, specifically for her gun, underwater.
    Betty Dean was, as they used to say, a smart cookie. ;p