Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Wright, you mean. I'd assume he was able, just uninterested. And good for him. I'd rather watch his vision than whatever corporate mandates ended up on screen.

Marvel actually have a pretty long reputation of hiring niche directors for their films. If not niche, than inspired choices. It's worked really well for them, I'm surprised they let Edgar go.

And Luke Cage, everybody saw Shaun of the Dead. We get it, you don't like Edgar Wright. It's fine.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Do you know what Shaun of the Dead grossed in theaters? Just a little over 30 mil. Worlds End about 46 mil. Scott Pilgrim a little over 47 mil. Hot Fuzz is his biggest box office to date as a director and that was just 80 mil.

Spin it all you want but he is a very niche director.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wright, you mean. I'd assume he was able, just uninterested. And good for him. I'd rather watch his vision than whatever corporate mandates ended up on screen.

Marvel actually have a pretty long reputation of hiring niche directors for their films. If not niche, than inspired choices. It's worked really well for them, I'm surprised they let Edgar go.

And Luke Cage, everybody saw Shaun of the Dead. We get it, you don't like Edgar Wright. It's fine.
    I wouldn't necessarily assume he was able. Sometimes people who are used to having things their own way aren't really capable of compromise.

And not everybody has seen Shaun of the Dead. Not even close.

I can take him or leave him. I'm about 50/50 on his movies. My point is that he is not the end-all be-all that everyone on the boards is trying to make him out to be. He's solid and a niche director. And for everyone to assume that the movie would be better with him is a big leap as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't appeal to everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    That's the problem. Marvel does. They're in the business of making money, and that means appealing to the masses. Not just our sweaty nerd community. Which is the only people who seem to know who Edgar Wright is.
    I knew you would say that. Here's the thing. I. Don't. Care. I'm not Marvel, I'm the person watching the movie. I only care if the movie is the best it can be. And like Marvel wouldn't make money with Wright's movie. Marvel could crap in a bag, call it Marvel's Crap in a Bag, and still make almost a billion dollars. God knows they've already done it more than one. If this movie does well, I can only guess the version Edgar Wright would have done that actually had well done action scenes, and was actually shot well, would have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I knew you would say that. Here's the thing. I. Don't. Care. I'm not Marvel, I'm the person watching the movie. I only care if the movie is the best it can be. And like Marvel wouldn't make money with Wright's movie. Marvel could crap in a bag, call it Marvel's Crap in a Bag, and still make almost a billion dollars. God knows they've already done it more than one. If this movie does well, I can only guess the version Edgar Wright would have done that actually had well done action scenes, and was actually shot well, would have done better.
    Again, your opinion. I think half his movies are crap. As for me, I'm good with him gone.

BANNED

Again, your opinion. I think half his movies are crap. As for me, I'm good with him gone.
    Big fan of The Break-Up and Down with Love? Been looking forward to seeing what the director of Yes Man can do with a action movie?

Big fan of The Break-Up and Down with Love? Been looking forward to seeing what the director of Yes Man can do with a action movie?
    Same as the Russo Brothers. Welcome to Collinwood, You Me and Dupree...and a little film called Captain America: Winter Soldier.
    Last edited by Luke Cage; 06-26-2015 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Same as the Russo Brothers. Welcome to Collinwood, You Me and Dupree...and a little film called Captain America: Winter Soldier.
    Yeah, the Russo Brothers made a bad action movie with terrible fight scenes, thanks for reminding me of that. See, Marvel doesn't even need to make good movies to make $700 million.

Yeah, the Russo Brothers made a bad action movie with terrible fight scenes, thanks for reminding me of that. See, Marvel doesn't even need to make good movies to make $700 million.
    It's official. After this post I can ignore anything you have to say. I mean...Wow.

BANNED

It's official. After this post I can ignore anything you have to say. I mean...Wow.
    Hey, I get it, you love badly edited together fight scenes where there's a pointless cut between every move made and every hit that lands. Who doesn't love fight scenes that are both chopped to hell and slow?
    Last edited by simbob4000; 06-26-2015 at 04:52 PM.

I can take him or leave him. I'm about 50/50 on his movies. My point is that he is not the end-all be-all that everyone on the boards is trying to make him out to be. He's solid and a niche director. And for everyone to assume that the movie would be better with him is a big leap as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't appeal to everyone.
    I just want to see the passion project the guy who initiated the existence of the movie wanted to make, not what a corporation wanted him to make so it fit in with their future movies coming out in the next 8 years.

One is interesting, the other is a bland commercial for another movie.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just want to see the passion project the guy who initiated the existence of the movie wanted to make, not what a corporation wanted him to make so it fit in with their future movies coming out in the next 8 years.

One is interesting, the other is a bland commercial for another movie.
    How do you know? Did you go into some alternate universe and watch the Wright movie? For all we know Wrights version might have been Catwoman level stupid. You keep acting like Wright can do no wrong here.

I honestly just want to see an Ant-Man movie, regardless of whatever creative vision goes into it, even despite the fact it's not focusing on my preferred Ant-Man and basically fridged a character I really love.

Granted, Wright is partially responsible for why that happened in the first place, so pretty ambivalent about his leaving to say the least .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    How do you know? Did you go into some alternate universe and watch the Wright movie? For all we know Wrights version might have been Catwoman level stupid. You keep acting like Wright can do no wrong here.
    Going off what he's done, it seems very unlikely it would have been Catwoman level stupid. His test footage was already better than what we've scene from the trailer, we already know this movie isn't going to look as good as what he would have done. And they didn't completely scrap his and Joe Cornish's script.