Extraordinary Member

It was all a dodge, IMO. No one cared about Batgirl before; most people outside this and similar sites probably never heard it, or got it confused with the horrible CW show Batwoman. Now though, there is quite a bit of interest. And in a week, they'll release it and make...well more than they would have, with much evil twirling of mustaches no doubt.

Well, that's my crackpot theory of the day; it would be hilarious if it turned out to be true.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Please...please no. Please.
    No, they need to get the guy who thought The Force Awakens was a good idea to run the DCEU. Hey, why not go big?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't share the optimism of some, but it would be nice if some of the more alarmist claims came with sources. The last few pages have basically been "rumor is" and while a lot of it is plausible, I'm left asking "Rumored by who?"
    Yeah well said.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Titans and Doom Patrol are on the chopping block supposedly
    I hope they both get the axe. Titans looks terrible. I love the characters, but I don't want to watch a bad adaptation of them.

And I really wanted to like Doom Patrol, but the janky SFX really turned me off. Do it right or don't do it. It's a shame, because some of those actors are top notch.

Axe them both, I say

Extraordinary Member

I say fold Doom Patrol into the DCEU proper and give it the budget it deserves. Or at least bring all those actors in for a DCEU proper Doom Patrol film. All except for Joivan Wade I guess.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-12-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I say fold Doom Patrol into the DCEU proper and give it the budget it deserves. Or at least bring all those actors in for a DCEU proper Doom Patrol film. All except for Joivan Wade I guess.
    Why not Jovian Wade? He's fantastic and is the best Cyborg adaptation in other media there's been. Ray Fischer has nothing to do with Jovian Wade and his one portrayal of Cyborg should not preclude other actors from playing Vic in other media projects.

Yeah. DP easily has the best live-action Cyborg, cheap costume aside.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Wasn’t Doom Patrol only supposed to last 4 seasons tho? Or at least that’s how they planned it
    To the best of my knowledge there was no predestined end date but most shows these days don't plan beyond the first four to five seasons

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It was all a dodge, IMO. No one cared about Batgirl before; most people outside this and similar sites probably never heard it, or got it confused with the horrible CW show Batwoman. Now though, there is quite a bit of interest. And in a week, they'll release it and make...well more than they would have, with much evil twirling of mustaches no doubt.

Well, that's my crackpot theory of the day; it would be hilarious if it turned out to be true.
    That's giving these guys way too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quality aside...Berlanti knows how to produce and develop TV shows.

I don't think that would translate cinematically though. I know he was trying to get a Booster and Blue Beetle movie off the ground that never happened.
    I'm reminded of McG, whose made some really great TV shows and absolutely terrible movies. Success at one does not translate into success at the other

https://twitter.com/FilmClickbait/st...o0jefXs1amPCQw

but no one from Warner Bros. has actually approached his camp, Berlanti has not pursued the job, and insiders believe that the superstar producer wouldn’t be interested in going in-house

Phew. One bullet dodged.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's giving these guys way too much credit.
    Yeah, I know. They can barely tie their own shoelaces; that would be beyond them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Phew. One bullet dodged.
    Trouble is, this being WB, I'm sure we'll all veer into a much larger and less healthy bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Trouble is, this being WB, I'm sure we'll all veer into a much larger and less healthy bullet.
    DC fans right now