Thread: Aquaman 7

Default Aquaman 7

if I missed the thread please merge.

really good issue. I liked seeing all the responsibility he has as a leader. I really like the parallel between his kingdom that's in danger of falling apart while Black Manta's is on the rise. I also liked the teaser last page showing that we'll be balancing the game of thrones stuff with some good old fashioned Aqua action.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. I'm stunned how much I am loving this series. I really like the political aspects of Aquaman trying to save Atlantis/improve relations with the surface world. Black Manta has been awesome, too. I love it!
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn

I like seeing more Atlantean politics and adding more to Aquaman's supporting cast by introducing more advisors and various chiefs in Atlantis. Abnett is doing a great job of world-building while giving us plenty of character moments and solid Superhero storytelling .

I wonder how long before Garth shows back up in Aquaman? I know Titans kinda balances it out, but it feels weird not seeing him, and I'd like to see more of his relationship with Arthur and his time as Aqualad explored.

And Jackson is apparently making his Aqualad debut in Teen Titans, so I'm wondering what we have to do to get Aquaman's sidekicks, outside Tula, to actually show up in his book ?

Man, just two issues and Manta's already basically taken charge of NEMO and is on his way to turning them into a major threat, moreso then they already were.

I appreciate that Abnett is giving us plenty of Arthur and Mera kissing scenes .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Didn't see much discussion for this or number 8, so I'll post here. I think the series has gotten even better with all of the Atlantean world-building. Not that showing Atlantean culture was absent in the past, but it's an important emphasis that needs to be constantly revisited for Arthur. His cast of advisers is great. I also love the rituals Mera is trying to respect, and Atlantis is depicted beautifully.

Manta's ruthlessness and effectiveness is also on full display, I love it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Didn't see much discussion for this or number 8, so I'll post here. I think the series has gotten even better with all of the Atlantean world-building. Not that showing Atlantean culture was absent in the past, but it's an important emphasis that needs to be constantly revisited for Arthur. His cast of advisers is great. I also love the rituals Mera is trying to respect, and Atlantis is depicted beautifully.

Manta's ruthlessness and effectiveness is also on full display, I love it.
    I thought the monster seemed familiar but couldn't quite place it!

Awesome. I like how this issue really went "hey heroes, juggle your lives, your duties and your superheroing!" and gave us some good "office dynamics" as Aquaman dealt with kingly council stuff and a threat at the gates that escalated really fast, even as Mera dealt with some submarine perhaps sexist traditions/institutions. And I like that all the Manta and Blackjack stuff we got was just like, a narrow panel of evil monitoring. Manta is kind of turning himself into a bit of an underwater Cobra Commander, isn't he? It's a gorgeous concept.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com