Default Thor vs Apocalypse

Movie versions.
    (1)Thor is armed with Mjolnir.
    (2)Thor is armed with Stormbreaker

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't know that Thor with Mjolnir can do enough damage to put Poccy down, I'm pretty sure that Poccy can't really hurt Thor either

With Stormbreaker though - yeah, Thor ought to be able to take Poccy down, either by cutting off pieces or by Bifrosting him into a convenient black hole.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't know that Thor with Mjolnir can do enough damage to put Poccy down, I'm pretty sure that Poccy can't really hurt Thor either

With Stormbreaker though - yeah, Thor ought to be able to take Poccy down, either by cutting off pieces or by Bifrosting him into a convenient black hole.
    Pretty sure he doesn't get the chance to use Stormbreaker before a piece of his own clothing merges with his neck, or he is crushed beneath city destroying TK, or he gets attacked psychically or some such.

Apoc is definitely getting first move is my point.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Pretty sure he doesn't get the chance to use Stormbreaker before a piece of his own clothing merges with his neck, or he is crushed beneath city destroying TK, or he gets attacked psychically or some such.

Apoc is definitely getting first move is my point.
    Oh, I definitely agree with that.

I just don't know that he can actually hurt Thor with the power he shows. Like: he should have that level of output, but I don't recall him using it for anything other then defense. The "merge with wall" or "turn to dust" stuff only works on normals. His defense is staggering though.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Oh, I definitely agree with that.

I just don't know that he can actually hurt Thor with the power he shows. Like: he should have that level of output, but I don't recall him using it for anything other then defense. The "merge with wall" or "turn to dust" stuff only works on normals. His defense is staggering though.
    He ground up an entire city into dust and then crushed all that dust into dense building materials and lifted together an enormous forged pyramid.

That's a staggering level of TK. I'm comfortable saying he snaps Thors bones and mangles him with TK on that level.

In "days of future past" end credit scene, we also see a young Apoc lifting an entire pyramids worth of building materials around effortlessly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Isn't Poccy a fairly potent telepath?

Apocalypse beat Charles in a telepathic fight as I recall.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

For telepathy, he needed Charles' power to touch other people with telepathy. On his own, he has potent defenses but zero offensive capacity.

For the pyramid thing, I had the idea that he was just calling that up, not building it himself. I guess I'll have to torture myself with the movie again for the feat. At that level, yeah, should be fine, as, if nothing else, he can just take Stormbreaker away and use it on Thor.