Page 436 of 772 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL...if you say so.
    I'm just glad that the chances that some of you writing Storm for Marvel are virtually nil.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-29-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL...if you say so.
    I'm just glad that the chances that some of you writing Storm for Marvel are virtually nil.
    I am sorry but what is sooo wrong about storm in her divine mode having increased durability and strength? I fail to see your logic so please explain.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I wouldn't mind some stat increases when in goddess mode. there should be some different qualities i would think when in that form.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wouldn't mind some stat increases when in goddess mode. there should be some different qualities i would think when in that form.
    Exactly the energy stats and intelligence stats especially I mean, 5 and 2? She is a 3 for intelligence she is a teacher for crying out loud and can outsmart even golden boy Scott when it comes to it. And at least a 6 for energy as she actually manipulates various forms of energy at once to control the weather. Goddess mode should have even higher stats especially for strength, durability and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Exactly the energy stats and intelligence stats especially I mean, 5 and 2? She is a 3 for intelligence she is a teacher for crying out loud and can outsmart even golden boy Scott when it comes to it. And at least a 6 for energy as she actually manipulates various forms of energy at once to control the weather. Goddess mode should have even higher stats especially for strength, durability and speed.
    and even those stats are outdated for her baseline abilities when noting current feats. i certainly hope Ewing does a bit of explaining what hr godhead abilities allow her to do. maybe there are no boosts in stats but it should be explained at least.

that said, I agree dirty she should have increased strength, durability and speed. if not something its just seems like her regular powers with the exception of using divine energy.

I hate autocorrect so much lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-29-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Increased durability it’s needed to withstand the void of outer space, the pressure of the deepest ocean, the thousand of debris trapped in a raging tornado, 500 mph winds and upward unless people want her face to fall off……
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Increased durability it’s needed to withstand the void of outer space, the pressure of the deepest ocean, the thousand of debris trapped in a raging tornado, 500 mph winds and upward unless people want her face to fall off……
    lmfao not her face falling off lolololol

I'm done honey lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL...if you say so.
    lol, for you, how should Ororo be with her goddess status? Considering that Bast the Goddess of Wakanda also has super attributes and even immortality, by being in contact with the deity longer, most Marvel characters (Dc included) have FTL speed, I don't see the problem with Ororo being in this list...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    lol, for you, how should Ororo be with her goddess status? Considering that Bast the Goddess of Wakanda also has super attributes and even immortality, by being in contact with the deity longer, most Marvel characters (Dc included) have FTL speed, I don't see the problem with Ororo being in this list...
    I dont think he would even have her be a real goddess if he had his way lol.

Truth to tell...no I wouldn't, not in the way it was revealed. OL is good enough for me. But that goddess is out of the bottle...so to speak...and until Ewing defines it and does something with it...it is what it is.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-29-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm certain there are others who share your sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    IMHO, I think you're mixing the abilities of the Acanti and Storm. I can see how the captions can be confusing but I highly doubt Storm can perceive information faster then light.

Now with that being said, I do think she can access subspace to manipulate energy.
    I am quite certain she can do that. Most people forget how many things are put behind the architecture of a rainfall, let alone a hurricane, or blizzard... She can change the weather in a blink of an eye, that alone speaks that her thoughts speed is far beyond LS because to cast a storm in a mere second with the architecture behind it... oh man you have no idea how much thought, calculation and other raw data must be put to make it even work, let alone summon it. You have to be fully aware of the chemicals combustion, the atmospheric pressure, the atoms that are interconnected within it, and so, so many other things which I probably don't even think. So yes, I do believe that Storm has quite the fast thought, definitely at least LS.

I did love today's SWORD issue it was rejuvenating to finally see Storm once more, but man... did I need MORE of it... it just wasn't enough...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I am sorry but what is sooo wrong about storm in her divine mode having increased durability and strength? I fail to see your logic so please explain.
    Exactly! Like do they want her to remain a Basic Bitch while she's in goddess mode? Make it make sense

Thankfully, we have actual writers to make it make sense.
    Because stacking power on top of power and ability on top of ability as some of you do every day...results in a character who either becomes so overpowered, they're unbeatable and poses no threat to anyone (villain or hero) or they're beaten/nerfed in some utterly ridiculous way...both of which makes for really stupid, dumb AF storytelling and characterisation.

to be fair even some of the suggestions that have been made it still doesn't go to the level of what thor currently does or even what we've seen from thor in the past for example. the overpowered argument is one I understand and get but I do believe there is a lot more growth in the powers department especially from just shooting lightning.