Page 37 of 187 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

In the comics, I always thought Dr. Midnight was relatively useless in costume--he was basically just the team doctor.

Beth can always learn fighting and medicine, she is a meta but doesn't know it yet.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

And it will be interesting to see how things develop with Brainwave, Jr. Will he be with the ISA -- and later make a break and join the JSA?
    I think Jr will lean on being a hero initially but once he learns that Courtney put his dad in a coma he will go full villain.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I hope that isn't the case. Jr's villain history has always been a sad story. Revenge for putting his slimeball dad in a coma just sucks.

And I'm looking forward to a possible him and whoever Jade will be.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

So do we know what Johnny Thunderbolt will look like in the series? Do you think they will make him normal looking to save on budget or go for something bigger?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Jr will lean on being a hero initially but once he learns that Courtney put his dad in a coma he will go full villain.
    I can't help but think we'll eventually see the remaining ISA kids banding together to go after Courtney's team out of revenge for their parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    So do we know what Johnny Thunderbolt will look like in the series? Do you think they will make him normal looking to save on budget or go for something bigger?
    Considering this show seems to go all out, I hope we get a fairly comic-accurate Thunderbolt .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    In the comics, I always thought Dr. Midnight was relatively useless in costume--he was basically just the team doctor.

Beth can always learn fighting and medicine, she is a meta but doesn't know it yet.
    What might have been interesting would be if she was a reverse Dougie Howzier, smart enough to graduate but held back by her parents for socialization

Now that I think about it, couldn't the goggles resolve the issue of Courtney's parentage? Or the identities of the ISA? What is it actually limited in?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, couldn't the goggles resolve the issue of Courtney's parentage? Or the identities of the ISA? What is it actually limited in?
    Yes it can. It probably won't because of plot convenience

Astonishing Member

The goggles are linked to the JSA databases. So, when they can't solve something, there's a very easy explanation for it: The information wasn't in the database. Of course, then we have questions like "Who put in the information about the deaths of the Tylers?" but maybe it's better not to overthink these things.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The goggles are linked to the JSA databases. So, when they can't solve something, there's a very easy explanation for it: The information wasn't in the database. Of course, then we have questions like "Who put in the information about the deaths of the Tylers?" but maybe it's better not to overthink these things.
    Then who's been updating the databases? Those googles was able to look up information that JSA database wouldn't have access to like how Tylers were murdered by Solomon Grundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Then who's been updating the databases? Those googles was able to look up information that JSA database wouldn't have access to like how Tylers were murdered by Solomon Grundy.
    Maybe it has some kind of self-updating software on a hidden server and can only be accessed through the goggles...?

Intermediary

Maybe it has some kind of self-updating software on a hidden server and can only be accessed through the goggles...?
    built to be an autonomous knowledge base

maybe when Courtney bought them home, they hooked into the wifi and updated?

Mighty Member

Or maybe the AI is figuring things out itself.

I imagine they will do more to justify Beth's role on the team other than potential blackmail or "she was able to make the goggles work." - whatever that means. All she did was put them on. It's not like Rick and his DnA being necessary to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I imagine they will do more to justify Beth's role on the team other than potential blackmail or "she was able to make the goggles work." - whatever that means. All she did was put them on. It's not like Rick and his DnA being necessary to make it work.
    I can see Beth being the only one being able to handle all the info that the googles throws at her. Also, she'll treat the AI as a friend because no one else wants to be.