Extraordinary Member

Default (Rdj) Sherlock Holmes vs Movie Jack Reacher

Sherlock Holmes vs Jack Reacher in a bare knuckles brawl, no kicking. Who wins?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...why no kicking?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...why no kicking?
    Because it's a bare knuckle brawl.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Because it's a bare knuckle brawl.
    Never knew someone came along and made up rules for 'brawls'. I mean, 'bare-knuckle boxing' is a thing, but 'brawl' tends to mean something a little different.

Now, if the OP meant 'bare knuckles' specifically as in the bare-knuckle boxing kind of thing, then sure, rules.

*shrugs* The 'brawl' part threw me off. Just curious.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Isn’t RDJ Sherlock something resembling CBPH in speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Isn’t RDJ Sherlock something resembling CBPH in speed?
    He can think about how he's going to cripple someone physically and mentally the split second before he does so... so I figure he's pretty quick.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i've only seen the first jack reacher movie (the second one sucks from what i hear). jack is pretty good in HTH but not to the level of say john wick or Jason bourne.

as for the fight, hmmmmmm. the difference really is paper thin. holmes' "holmes vision" is effective but only once he has a good idea of what his opponent is capable of. he won't use it right away but he will be able to suss out that jack is not someone he can steam roll. jack himself is also pretty smart, being a master of psychology and all and he could suss out holmes' deal is.

it's tough to say really.

Funny note: Tom Cruise as Jack is so funny as he is tiny. Book Jack Reacher is over 6 feet tall.

As for fight: Thinking Holmes. Jack is a army man so tough, but most of his stuff is psycho pay out the weaker ones while ditching out the pain.

Rdj Holmes, replicates book Holmes in that Holmes is pretty damn good in h2h. Like he could have been a bare knuckles boxing champ supposedly.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Funny note: Tom Cruise as Jack is so funny as he is tiny. Book Jack Reacher is over 6 feet tall.

As for fight: Thinking Holmes. Jack is a army man so tough, but most of his stuff is psycho pay out the weaker ones while ditching out the pain.

Rdj Holmes, replicates book Holmes in that Holmes is pretty damn good in h2h. Like he could have been a bare knuckles boxing champ supposedly.
    well, lee childs, the author of the jack reacher books, did say that while cruise didn't have the body for it, he still got the attitude and personality down to a T.

Extraordinary Member

Between RDJ Holmes and Cruise Reacher, I think it would come down to how quickly they engage, and whether or not Reacher manages to stun Holmes or not - I think Holmes is methodical and well rounded *enough* to counter Reacher’s assaults and get the hits in he needs, while Reacher is neither clumsy enough nor merciful enough for Holmes to afford any mistakes.

A series of confrontations between the two might be more fun to see, as I could see both guys adapting their tactics a bit, and any injuries they receive increase the chance of both trying to exploit them later.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well, lee childs, the author of the jack reacher books, did say that while cruise didn't have the body for it, he still got the attitude and personality down to a T.
    That part is definitively true.