Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1401

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    Wow, they managed to make this cover even worse. I’ve lost all respect for everyone involved in HiC...
    5 words and a speech ballon. Sure takes talent to keep one upping themselves with pissing off fans.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    Wow, they managed to make this cover even worse. I’ve lost all respect for everyone involved in HiC...
    Not only that, but a poster on here got the issue already and gave a summary of what happens in it and guess what? Wally doesn't even appear in the issue.

So the point of this cover is???

If it doesn't even have anything to do with the story inside it's just there to crap on Wally and his fans then? That's the only thing I can think of.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

It amazes me.
    Why would ANY company choose to piss all over their intellectual properties??

Then appear to take so much joy out of tormenting the fans of said property.
    What's the gain?

I try not to think about it too much - there in lies madness.....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Intellectual properties aren't valuable if you don't ever intend to explore or use them. Trashing another character to exalt another is old school wrestling methods. It's where the term Jobbing comes from, after all, and everyone jobs to Harley.

On a happier note I read Dead Heat again on the weekened. So good. Nice reminder of why it's one of my favorite stories of all time. Reminded me a lot of Sinestro Corp war. Great villain and a threat to the whole Flash mythos as a whole.

Also loved seeing the whole Flash family together. Max was a great zen master of speed. Johnny Quick had a great arc as the skeptic and then made a 180. Jesse continued to grow as a capable hero from Terminal Velocity. She is bad ass in this. She is being so well developed in here. Jay and Bart also continue to add their bits to the family as well.

Savitar is such a great villain. Perhas the greatest Flash viallin. Why didn't he ever return again? His look was great. He was savage and he had a ninja army which is awesome. They were pretty cool as well.

Reminded me a lot of Star Wars in some ways as well. This was definitely the peak of Wallys series. Too bad after this, for some reason, instead of continuing the momentum they veered off and went into a different direction that just seemed to de escalate everything they built rather than continue it.

Next for me is Race against time which is a good epilogue to Dead Heat. But sadly after that it never gets as epic and goes down.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    On a happier note I read Dead Heat again on the weekened. So good. Nice reminder of why it's one of my favorite stories of all time. Reminded me a lot of Sinestro Corp war. Great villain and a threat to the whole Flash mythos as a whole.

Also loved seeing the whole Flash family together. Max was a great zen master of speed. Johnny Quick had a great arc as the skeptic and then made a 180. Jesse continued to grow as a capable hero from Terminal Velocity. She is bad ass in this. She is being so well developed in here. Jay and Bart also continue to add their bits to the family as well.

Savitar is such a great villain. Perhas the greatest Flash viallin. Why didn't he ever return again? His look was great. He was savage and he had a ninja army which is awesome. They were pretty cool as well.

Reminded me a lot of Star Wars in some ways as well. This was definitely the peak of Wallys series. Too bad after this, for some reason, instead of continuing the momentum they veered off and went into a different direction that just seemed to de escalate everything they built rather than continue it.

Next for me is Race against time which is a good epilogue to Dead Heat. But sadly after that it never gets as epic and goes down.

Probably my favorite Flash story as well for the points that you mentioned. Savitar was a fantastic villain it’s to bad that the tv show handled him quite horribly. He did return for a quick cameo in the Geoff Johns Flash Rebirth and Barry promptly killed him because he somehow turned into the Black Flash? That bit never made much sense to me.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I'm interested to read more of what Savitar in the comics was like, although I haven't gotten that far in the Waid run yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Probably my favorite Flash story as well for the points that you mentioned. Savitar was a fantastic villain it’s to bad that the tv show handled him quite horribly. He did return for a quick cameo in the Geoff Johns Flash Rebirth and Barry promptly killed him because he somehow turned into the Black Flash? That bit never made much sense to me.
    Oh yeah, I forgot Savitar was in Flash Rebirth. Probably because I tried to forget most of that mess. Savitars brief appearance in there was an insult anyways. I look to the recent Flash /Speed buggy for the latest Savitar appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm interested to read more of what Savitar in the comics was like, although I haven't gotten that far in the Waid run yet.
    He is awesome. Please do.not take that crappy Flash TV show iteration as any indication of what the real Savitar is like.
    Where are you up to in the Waid run?

Oh yeah, I forgot Savitar was in Flash Rebirth. Probably because I tried to forget most of that mess. Savitars brief appearance in there was an insult anyways. I look to the recent Flash /Speed buggy for the latest Savitar appearance.
    He was in that?! Man!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    He was in that?! Man!
    Lol. Yeah. It didn't really make sense but it was still awesome to see Savitar back in all his glory.

You should definitely pick up that one shot if you haven't yet. Such a great issue. The closest we''ll get to having the real Wally (and Linda, yes shes in it as well) back in the near future.

His costume also popped up in the Flash Museum during Williamson's run. I think it was the first annual?
    He is awesome. Please do.not take that crappy Flash TV show iteration as any indication of what the real Savitar is like.
    Where are you up to in the Waid run?
    I actually liked the TV version well enough .

I'm at the second volume of the Waid run, with the Return of Barry Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His costume also popped up in the Flash Museum during Williamson's run. I think it was the first annual?

I actually liked the TV version well enough .

I'm at the second volume of the Waid run, with the Return of Barry Allen.
    Oh yeah that's right. A lot of cool easter eggs in there. Too bad it didn't amount to anything.

The tv version is like comparing the Batman and Robin movie's Bane to comic Bane honestly. A mockery of a great character.

Nice. How are you liking it? Return of Barry Allen is a classic. You'r in for a treat.

My humble suggestion is to read the Wally series from the beginning. Waid is great and all, but he really builds off of all that came before. You will appreciate the series so much more when you see the natural progression and evolution Wally goes through as the series unfolds.

I'm sure you have heard that most people like Wally so much because of the natural growth that you see him go through right before your eyes.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Oh yeah that's right. A lot of cool easter eggs in there. Too bad it didn't amount to anything.

The tv version is like comparing the Batman and Robin movie's Bane to comic Bane honestly. A mockery of a great character.

Nice. How are you liking it? Return of Barry Allen is a classic. You'r in for a treat.

My humble suggestion is to read the Wally series from the beginning. Waid is great and all, but he really builds off of all that came before. You will appreciate the series so much more when you see the natural progression and evolution Wally goes through as the series unfolds.

I'm sure you have heard that most people like Wally so much because of the natural growth that you see him go through right before your eyes.
    Messner-Loeb's run on the character was awesome.
    Mark Waid made Wally his own of course, and the stuff done by Morrison & Millar when Waid was taking a break is also great fun.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It's comforting to know that Flash comics still have yet to be as good as they were when Wally was the main character. I mean I'm sure this had everything to do with the talented writers and artists on the book over the years, but let's say Barry didn't die in the Crisis, could any of those same stories have been told?

Astonishing Member

Amusingly, I maintain that Waid is still by far the best modern writer of Barry Allen. Everytime Barry showed up in Waid's works, either as the star or cameo, he was everything you'd hope the man would be. Which is funny because Waid doesn't like Barry, he just wanted to do him right because he was so important to Wally's development. Ditto for Iris -- I know some people swear by the Broome/Bates/Fox era of Flash writing but Iris was always the worst kind of garbage old school love interest around. Waid turned built an amazing character out of scraps, to me. Born to Run's scant few issues had more positive character development for Iris than hundreds of pre-crisis comics. It was the first time she was anything besides a shoddy Lois Lane, constantly berating the alter ego for not being as good as the hero, constantly getting into trouble because she's a "reporter" and needing to be saved, etc etc.

If Barry was still The Flash and Waid got his first big break on it I assume it would still be good. A lot of the good stuff Waid brought in (Flash Family, Speed Force was great under Waid, high fantasy style conflict) probably could've worked with Barry and Iris with the lightning rod gimmick and whatnot. It'd be a little less...dynamic and fresh because Iris and Barry were long established and married, so a lot of the relationship tension and humor wouldn't be there, but Waid is/was a good write so I think he'd manage. The only thing I'd seriously struggle to see, character wise, is Barry giving into the mysticism of the Speed Force and Max Mercury like Wally did, but that's more a wrinkle than anything. The biggest loss would obviously be The Return of Barry Allen, the best Flash story ever...which is a very big loss.

We'd have also never gotten Blitz or Rogue War, since you can't do Zolomon with Barry at all. It robs everything good about the relationship (stuff like the public identity, Wally's aversion to time travel, Wally's juxtaposition with Hunter's personality etc) that you couldn't repeat. Also I don't think Johns has ever had a good grasp on Barry. Every time he's written him for more than an issue there's something off. The best he ever did was Dastardly and that was just a well executed typical style Flash story that wasn't very character depth driven.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-31-2018 at 12:58 AM.