Page 50 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    If you flip the panel upside down, you'll see she is returning fire .
    That's what I was saying. I thought she returned Fire. Either way she did good today. I'm happy

I just read the most recent issue of BP and it was interesting to see how concerned Tetu was about Storm's power. It seems N'Jadaka has a plan to defeat her tho so I guess we shall see.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I just read the most recent issue of BP and it was interesting to see how concerned Tetu was about Storm's power. It seems N'Jadaka has a plan to defeat her tho so I guess we shall see.
    Damn Storm can't get a day off no matter where she goes lol

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Damn Storm can't get a day off no matter where she goes lol
    That's actually an interesting story I would love to see. Storm having a mini breakdown from the stress of trying to juggle all her responsibilities.

Nothing major, just someone noticing the Gobi Desert has been getting an usual amount of rain or how Texas has been hit with a snowstorm in the middle of July.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I didn't get the feeling that N'Jadaka had a plan to deal with Ororo other than recognizing that, despite her being a goddess, she would eventually tire. His plan, at most, is to inundate her with soldiers from his five galaxies. A couple of pages later Shuri makes the same point as N'Jadaka about Ororo's stamina and needing her fresh for the war and not wearing herself out for every battle.

He definitely had a plan to shut Eden down, though, and it worked perfectly, especially since Ororo wasn't on the scene with him. The next couple of issues should be interesting. Coates, especially with bringing in Misty Knight, Luke Cage, Sam Wilson, and Monica Rambeau has a lot of pieces on the board. I can't wait to see how he uses everyone.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 01-29-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Easy, not get hit in battle. Simple.
    Beating the Vault Defenses quite easily is exactly why Storm getting hit is not part of the plan. It was not mentioned that Storm needed to get hit, it wasn't agreed upon Storm needed to get hit to make a retreat believable.
    Nothing, in any of those panels states that in order for this distraction to work Storm needs to get hit.

What you could say her getting hit helped the plan and it made it believable. But you can not say that was definitively part of the plan. Because it wasn't.
    they were literally taking care of all the aerial attacks. what was there to retreat from? when they were completely eviscerating them?

hickman showing her hit as he says they have to retreat would indicate that was a part of the plan.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

ororo was the biggest hitter and the one causing the most damage to the vault, hence the primary target while cyck and armor werent doing as much damage, once ororo got hit the bigger threat stoped, its pretty visualy obvious from the massive lightning strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    ororo was the biggest hitter and the one causing the most damage to the vault, hence the primary target while cyck and armor werent doing as much damage, once ororo got hit the bigger threat stoped, its pretty visualy obvious from the massive lightning strikes.
    excellent point beloved.

witness the power of storm:

my favorite panels from the issue.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-29-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    excellent point beloved.

witness the power of storm:

my favorite panels from the issue.
    This page was amazing. As well as one whee she takes out the aerial defense with her bioelectric blasts before getting shot lol. Good issue. I am wonderingly if there is a theme going on with Hickman for Storm....?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This page was amazing. As well as one whee she takes out the aerial defense with her bioelectric blasts before getting shot lol. Good issue. I am wonderingly if there is a theme going on with Hickman for Storm....?
    yes that one was really cute too. it kinda put me in the mind of xmen gold when she used lightning to take out all the sentinels.

and what theme do you think that is exactly?

and what theme do you think that is exactly?
    Her getting hit.

But whatever it is, I think it's way better than Bendis and her drooling so.

I have been playing a considerable amount in Marvel Super War. I think Storm is one of the most basic characters, very straightforward playstyle but very bland. It's a character designed for beginner players. But in the hands of a pro, she can stand her ground. Her melee counterpart in terms of the simplicity is Beast (for X-Men members). She's a bit of meh.

However, some of the X-Men characters have great playstyles. My fave is Iceman. Jubilee is fun and has a bit more depth. Emma has the most complex playstyle for X characters I think. In the hands of a good player, she's going to dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Her getting hit.

But whatever it is, I think it's way better than Bendis and her drooling so.

I have been playing a considerable amount in Marvel Super War. I think Storm is one of the most basic characters, very straightforward playstyle but very bland. It's a character designed for beginner players. But in the hands of a pro, she can stand her ground. Her melee counterpart in terms of the simplicity is Beast (for X-Men members). She's a bit of meh.

However, some of the X-Men characters have great playstyles. My fave is Iceman. Jubilee is fun and has a bit more depth. Emma has the most complex playstyle for X characters I think. In the hands of a good player, she's going to dominate.
    lolol.. has he shown her getting hit outside of this instance?
    I'm really ready for them.to let her utilize wind or lightning to create a shield. why she has only done this once in her career that I can think of makes no sense.

and storm looks like garbage in super war. her powers are only wind and lightning and it doesnt even really seem to do much damage as some of the other players kn the game.

I definitely think there is a lot lacking on her powerset.

BANNED

they were literally taking care of all the aerial attacks. what was there to retreat from? when they were completely eviscerating them?

hickman showing her hit as he says they have to retreat would indicate that was a part of the plan.
    No, Hickman showing Storm getting hit is just a coincidence. Storm just so happened to get hit. That's not part of the plan.

It was not stated, it was not mentioned nor was it agreed upon. The only reason you believe it was part of the plan of how well it actually worked to make it believable.

It was a circumstance that just so happened to work in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No, Hickman showing Storm getting hit is just a coincidence. Storm just so happened to get hit. That's not part of the plan.

It was not stated, it was not mentioned nor was it agreed upon. The only reason you believe it was part of the plan of how well it actually worked to make it believable.

It was a circumstance that just so happened to work in their favor.
    I like what you did here but you didnt answer my question. what was there to retreat from when they were hitting the automatic defenses hard?

I actually thought this was a foreshadowing to an effort to overwhelm her or take her out somehow.