Page 856 of 929 FirstFirst ... 356756806846852853854855856857858859860866906 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,840 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    They deliberately doing it. It's got nothing to do with Jon or SM's life. If Jon had been born pre flashpoint and the idiotic Odyssey hadn't degaged Diana their history would still be intact ie from their meeting under Perez and Byrne to the 90ties and all the shared events even after the marriage. She would have still been his closest friend and had the history to back it. Bruce was never his bestie pre flashpoint. He never trusted Clark enough. Rebirth has surgically removed Diana out of Superman's sphere because they want to. Jurgens uses Diana as not a friend, but a mouthpiece to prop clois when she appears. Tomasi is careful not to have her around. Rucka and co have their own agenda. They always had as he was the one who started to undermine the clark/diana friendship for well...you all know who. Hitch tried to show Diana missing new 52 Clark but then somehow the whole thing changed and Diana starts to say everything was lies and the Hunter thing was just a mess because it was full of holes and imo really disrespectful to Diana ie rape and suicide. Superman in Rebirth doesn't care for Wonder Woman nor she him. They just people that happen to work together. Just like the DCEU. Impersonal. For those that might want to say well Trinity. Nope. Again Diana is used as a mouthpiece and it's really Clark and Bruce that have the bond. And I expect Tom King and Liam Sharp will belatedly show that Bruce/Diana are the ones who have the deep friendship as teased in upcoming books. All of smww years and years of friendship has been killed as well as their romance has been deemed lies. I'm just waiting now for Kingdom Come to be undone too. I mean it's got to be next, right? Seeing Injustice is the outcome for smww according to Tom Taylor or SMWW is only doomed to ending badly according to Johns. It's very sad this is what DC has to do. Throw two good characters under the bus to protect core conceits as Didio put it. If they feel Diana is so bad for Superman, then they should leave her alone. Stop using her for licensed merch with Superman etc. But they won't. SMWW fans only option is to vote with their wallets at this stage. Maybe when things go south sales wise we might get someone who recalled the new 52 did sell and did have fans.

I am disgusted when I think of the current state of things in DC and in the DCEU. Especially when I see the obvious and deliberate manipulation and re telling of things to suit certain agenda and viewpoints. I truly wish that someone would call out these people on their crap. Because it is so obvious the way they have been undermining Diana and everything close and dear to her for years. Including her friendship with the one man in the world who understood her better than anyone else (as Greg Rucka himself recognized despite efforts to diminish that friendship).

The appeal of SMWW for me has always been on how well they connected. How close they were. How tender and precious their bond was with the added layer of poignancy to their relationship because it was clear they were literally perfect for each other and belonged together but couldn't be because SM was with Lois (one of my biggest gripe with Post-crisis). However, for years it was shown how well SMWW worked together as friends, and as teammates, only for all of that to be undermined for what?

Nevertheless, no matter the plot contrivances, and the push to change the narrative SMWW will always have a fan base. SMWW should not have to stay mute while history is literally rewritten to soothe a particular fan base. It is insulting, demeaning, highhanded, and patronizing. I for one for a shakeup that will force them to take notice and recognize that they cannot tweak things according to their whims and preferences. In the meantime I'm grateful that I can still go back to old comics and fan art that captures what I loved about SMWW.

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

They've been seeking each other out for a long time whether it be for advice, pep talk/encouragement.

FullSizeRender.jpg

That they were close was also evident to those around.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

It's a shame that we have petty fanboys disguised as writers working to undermine that.

But it just mean I appreciate these old comics even more and will be sticking to them until they clean house & improve the current stuff.

For something "no one wanted" according to the haters...smww have so much fan art. I guess people like drawing stuff they don't want and no one wants. And buying merch and cosplaying hated things.
    DC wants their cake and eat it too. DC knows this couple sells and that’s why it’s so constant with new merch every month or so. DC still uses new52 as well with some advertisements/merch.

Just a simple couple with SM/WW Ring tattoos pic is highly trending https://instagram.com/p/BdeGXzPBqWr/

A pic with a couple holding their SMWW mugs or wearing the SMWW bracelets, aprons, hoodies, shirts, sweaters etc also tend to be popular https://instagram.com/p/BdcyiE5haXn/

As you say, the fan art, merch and cosplay.
    Here is a couple celebrating their 2nd anniversary: https://instagram.com/p/Bdh5eYoB5A7/

Also, as far as social media goes, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc, the fandom is still constantly growing. The biggest DC ships just shipping IG account is Superman/Wonder Wonder Woman with over 45.7k, pretty soon it will be 50k with how it seems to get like 100 new followers a week. The main Batcat account has 14.5k. Others tend to be roughly 1k-8 or 10k.

This fandom gravitates toward more real world couples more (which is another thing I think DC knows) and who don’t necessarily reads comics because Kal and Diana when written as best friends or lovers, it’s not just said, the story actually shows why they are best friends and why they are together. That’s the thing with couples as well. Your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, or wife is also your Best Friend. Superman and Wonder Woman, Kal and Diana years built bond embodies that.

Here is a story from 2016. A Superman beat cancer with the support of his Wonder Woman wife: http://nbc4i.com/2016/09/27/ohio-sup...er-woman-wife/

There are tons of stories like this in which real world couples mostly refer to themselves as Superman/Wonder Woman. The title “Power Couple”. If you google it, Superman/Wonder Woman shows with the likes of Jay-Z and Beyoncé.

Rebirth has the traditional comfort, basic stuff somewhat but the character dynamics, bonds, etc aren’t there and very hollow. Trinity is selling way less than new52 Superman/Wonder Woman or Batman/Superman, those two titles were “combined” and should be up with Detective Comics or something. It’s a shame but the premise of it all was built on sand anyway.

Signed by Gal and Henry and Jim.

I'd have loved to be there while Gal and Henry signed this. The conversation prob be very funny and interesting.

This is fab.
    I would like for them to sign and possibly now read SMWW vol. 1

Default Smww

I love this edit so much! It just captures SMWW so well IMO. Their bond is evident. Just standing side-by-side. No swooning/overwhelmed damsel. No overpowering/majestic 'god'. Just two individuals who are close. Standing side-by-side sharing a moment.

IMG_2251.JPG

I honestly believe that you have to have a higher level of emotional intelligence to appreciate SMWW (when they are written correctly). There is something to be said about a relationship that is built on understanding, friendship and trust. One that is balanced. There's an equal amount of give and take. One doesn't get undermined to make the other look good. There is no need to over compensate for one character to justify him/her being with a superhero. A relationship that is Pure; Heartwarming; tender; sweet. People still appreciate goodness. Not mawkish or contrived.
    Last edited by LadyP; 01-04-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    I love this edit so much! It just captures SMWW so well IMO. Their bond is evident. Just standing side-by-side. No swooning/overwhelmed damsel. No overpowering/majestic 'god'. Just two individuals who are close. Standing side-by-side sharing a moment.

IMG_2251.JPG

I honestly believe you have a higher level of emotional intelligence to appreciate SMWW (when they are written correctly). There is something to be said about a relationship that is built on understanding, friendship and trust. One that is balanced. There's an equal amount of give and take. One doesn't get undermined to make the other look good. There is no need to over compensate for one character to justify him/her being with a superhero. A relationship that is Pure; Heartwarming; tender; sweet. People still appreciate goodness. Not mawkish or contrived.
    Most comments are it’s a natural pairing which makes it too obvious. Being that Kal and Diana are God-like but with human hearts, it’s still intimidating to some with them being together. Tomasi said it’s difficult to balance them being that both should have equal spotlight. Soule said it was challenging but he knew exactly how to play on their similarities and differences while weaving their myths together so seamlessly. Artists, Daniel, Herbert and Paquette were told to tone down some of the art becuase it seemed too sexy/risqué it’s a pairing that demands a lot of creativity, understanding and freedom.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-04-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    This fandom gravitates toward more real world couples more (which is another thing I think DC knows) and who don’t necessarily reads comics because Kal and Diana when written as best friends or lovers, it’s not just said, the story actually shows why they are best friends and why they are together. That’s the thing with couples as well. Your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, or wife is also your Best Friend. Superman and Wonder Woman, Kal and Diana years built bond embodies that.
    Exactly. Couldn't agree more. This is why I say that you have to have a level of emotional intelligence to appreciate SMWW. To me, they portray a mature kind of love. One built on a strong foundation of friendship. That's what I loved about Kingdom Come. They had the established friendship. Post-Crisis, pre-Oddessey, preflashpoint SMWW had all the markings of a long lasting romantic relationship, the only thing missing was that they weren't physically intimate.
    Last edited by LadyP; 01-04-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Most comments are it’s a natural pairing which makes it too obvious. Being that Kal and Diana are God-like but with human hearts, it’s still intimidating to some with them being together. Tomasi said it’s difficult to balance them being that both should have equal spotlight. Soule said it was challenging but he knew exactly how to play on their similarities and differences while weaving their myths together so seamlessly. Artists, Daniel, Herbert and Paquette were told to tone down some of the art becuase it seemed too sexy/risqué it’s a pairing that demands a lot of creativity, understanding and freedom.
    The fact that detractors of the pairing have to resort to weak superficial arguments like that is Very telling. It also goes to show that they recognize that SMWW go together, however, because it goes against what they want they attempt to detract from the very reason SMWW work. Since when has it been a bad thing that two individuals shouldn't be together because it is "too obvious"?? Do you know how silly that is? If people went by that mentality & reasoning in real life a lot of the relationships that exist wouldn't. This is why I use plot contrivances a lot when talking about how writers have worked to undermine SMWW.
    The reason I gravitated to SMWW in their post-crisis iteration was because they were relatable. It was easy to see how naturally a romantic relationship would develop between them. It felt organic & authentic. People bond over commonalities all the time. It is nothing new. To attempt to make that seem like a bad thing is gross, disrespectful & disingenuous. Like I said before, I wish someone would call out some of these detractors posing as writers and their followers on their crap.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

JL gifs in HD...

Diana's expression looking at Kal's hairy chest... XD

Superman vs Wonder Woman...

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-05-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-05-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Teamwork...

A little exchange...

Continuing the appreciation of the dynamic duo.

What I loved about these two is that they are able to share experiences which are true to who they are. Whether it be walking on the street, chatting while air walking, or out in space on duty at the JLA watchtower, they were able to just be themselves. I loved this bond so much and miss it greatly.

IMG_2332.jpg