Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

No Clea? Phooey.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    No Clea? Phooey.
    She's supposed to be showing up in the upcoming annual, at least.

Revexit-the-demon

Wasn't the Ancient one the only sorcerer supreme since the 16th sentury?

Quote Originally Posted by Revexit-the-demon View Post
    Wasn't the Ancient one the only sorcerer supreme since the 16th sentury?
    I was literally about to type that I thought he had been the Ancient One for like 2000 years, but then I wasn't sure if I was confusing him with Doctor Strange as the Ancient One in the 1990's Guardians of the Galaxy series. Either way, some ret-conning needs to happen. Still, I'm interested in seeing some of these other sorcerers.

Amazing Member

Yeah, I was wondering about the Ancient One's tenure as sorceror supreme... so, it appears he had lost the title for a bit. Does that contradict any statement that his term was unbroken?

I was thinking this as well as for these others to be Sorcerer Supreme it means they were operating when the Ancient One was alive. So that means either he lost the title to others over the years or you can have more than one Sorcerer Supreme... either way, some retconning seems to be on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

In Newsarama there is an interview of Thompson talking about the series, and it seems that he teases that Kushala could be related to the Ghost Rider's lore.

Isaac newton sort of looks like brother voodoo in that getup. Still wish he was on this
    team. I liked the character sketches for nina, and the apache sorceress; i'm going to keep an eye on this one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    I was thinking this as well as for these others to be Sorcerer Supreme it means they were operating when the Ancient One was alive. So that means either he lost the title to others over the years or you can have more than one Sorcerer Supreme... either way, some retconning seems to be on the horizon.
    Hadn't caught that until you both mentioned it. Yeah, the Ancient One was supposed to have been the Sorcerer Supreme of the Earth dimension ever since he was YAO (Young Ancient One). Maybe he takes periodic sabbaticals or something that we've never been privy to before. I would expect/hope they would address it, unless they are just going to take the tack that this is all-new all-different and so prior canon doesn't necessarily hold true (which seems to be all-too often the case these days).

I'm not sure the Ancient One is quite 2000 years old, though. Rob Worley's Young Ancient One story in the Marvel Epic One-Shot was set IIRC, around 1500. While it is unclear whether that story is still (or ever was) canon, I don't think other depictions of AO go back much further than that. I could be wrong, though.

(Within that context, it's possible Kushala preceded the Ancient One, although her people would not have called themselves "Apaches" if that were the case, since that would be well before European contact.)
    Last edited by Cthulhudrew; 08-18-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Are we sure every member is a Sorcerer Supreme though? Some seem to be, but others don't seem as "supremey" to me. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I can't stand Aaron's Strange s I'm really hoping Thompson does a good job with him here. Strange used to be one of my favorite characters and I would like him to be again.

Spectacular Member

im a Doctor Strange fan and really loving this book already ! i can't wait to pick this up and see where it takes Doctor Strange and the team !!

will this last beyond the first arc? Hopefully so. create new villains, too.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's supposed to be showing up in the upcoming annual, at least.
    Must have missed that information. Thank you for the update.

If Merlin summoned them to the past why would Dr Strange still be depowered? It's magic in the present that's gone not Strange's ability to use it