Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Sorry if it wasn’t clear, it’s 100% Damian being dismissive
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sorry if it wasn’t clear, it’s 100% Damian being dismissive
    I suppose that could be considered in character for him, just as breaking his arm in two places when the story is all over could be considered in character for PG.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I could see Damien not really knowing much about her other than what he can see and making a huge misjudgment about her just based on her physical appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I could see Damien not really knowing much about her other than what he can see and making a huge misjudgment about her just based on her physical appearance.
    It’s not that he’s misjudging her, in fact he picks her specifically for what she can do. It’s just more along the lines of he has a plan, which he doesn’t let anyone in on, and has to put together a small team in the heat of a huge battle and Karen wasn’t exactly his first pick, it was Jon as his best friend. And aside from that it is basically a teenager trying to yell orders at someone about twice his age
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It’s not that he’s misjudging her, in fact he picks her specifically for what she can do. It’s just more along the lines of he has a plan, which he doesn’t let anyone in on, and has to put together a small team in the heat of a huge battle and Karen wasn’t exactly his first pick, it was Jon as his best friend. And aside from that it is basically a teenager trying to yell orders at someone about twice his age
    Still makes Damien look like an incompetent leader. he's being aloof and mysterious... while trying to get peopel to help him....

Why ain't she in the new AC run?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post

She is,she is actually getting her own pages/story
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    She will be. January I believe. After Lazarus planet or during. Not entirely sure on that one.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She will be. January I believe. After Lazarus planet or during. Not entirely sure on that one.
    Her story in Action will run concurrently with Lazarus Planet.

Astonishing Member

It was a bit jarring at first, but I'm actually pretty cool with Power Girl debuting in the 70's. In fact, I once imagined a prestige TV miniseries or something starring Power Girl which would be set in the 70's, so I generally like the idea of her in that period!

Let's face it, Power Girl really isn't a major part of the Superman franchise as it stands today. She's far more of a JSA character, or even an independent character, than a Superman character. Yes, her backstory as the cousin of the Earth Two Superman needs to be retained, as has been the case for the last 15+ years. And it'd be nice to occasionally have her maintain some connection to the current Superman and his family (since they are her family in a certain sense). But I don't see her as a full-fledged Superman character. So frankly, it doesn't bother me if she showed up decades before Superman did on the Earth 0 timeline, as a member of the JSA.

The way I'd play it, Kara's Symbioship landed on earth in the early 70's (having 'leaked through' into Earth 0 history as a temporal/spatial anomaly) and she was discovered by the JSA. She was amnesiac and later vaguely gained memories of being from an alien planet. She became a member of the JSA because they took her in and gave her purpose.

Now we don't know how they're tying the JSA to the JLA era - is everyone just incredible long-lived or is there some kind of time and space related shenanigans involved. Anyhow, Power Girl is around when Superman shows up and she starts to believe that she's from Krypton and that she's Superman's cousin. But a genetic test proves otherwise. Much later (depending on the extent to which the events of IC are still part of the Earth 0 timeline) she meets Kal-L and recovers her memories of her Earth Two life (or her memories of her life from an earlier iteration of the Metaverse, however you want to phrase it).

Power Girl is a refugee from a parallel universe, the cousin of another world's Superman. Just maintain this simple logline (frankly its less convoluted than that of other characters) and go to town with her!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

After reading Dark Army and seeing stuff for Lazarus Planet, I don’t think Karen cares much for Damian Wayne.
    Always knew she had good taste.

The Bat Brat sucks at everything except filling a coffin.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I like the fact that she debuted in the 70s, but the 70s of Earth-2, where time should pass differently.
    I’d keep her origins from Earth-2 intact (including the characterisation Johns referenced in the special) and have her arrive on the main Earth after Crisis, already considering the sliding timescale.
    That would keep all the cool elements from her past and wouldn’t create a continuity nightmare like having her be the first Kryptonian on Earth, decades before Superman. Or having her be so much older than Huntress.

So Bronze Age All-Star Comics revival would be Earth-2 canon, not weirdly inserted on the main Earth, where it doesn’t really fit.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Her story in Action will run concurrently with Lazarus Planet.
    Ah, thanks! Wasn't too sure on that front...

After reading Dark Army and seeing stuff for Lazarus Planet, I don’t think Karen cares much for Damian Wayne.
    She's all about being respected and having respect. Damian is too arrogant and self absorbed for that... Of course they would clash!

Extraordinary Member

Did Karen just put up with it in that story, or did she do anything to get back at him? Or was that implied to be deferred until the current thing was over, or is it simply going to be ignored out of character to what she'd actually do? Sure, she's not a nutcase, so she probably wouldn't do anything physical to him, but she'd definitely do something to him, whether it be a particularly cutting remark, or a good practical joke. Or maybe just give him a good scare.