Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    So basically the Fantastic Four don't have a right to know why people are trying to steal their stuff and murdering people to do it, especially when they'd happily hand over the plans and help if they knew what was happening

And no, the only person Scott was being amicable to was Ben, he was condescending down to everyone else.
    They weren't stealing from the FF.

Scott was all smiles and he was nice in that scene. He only replied to Sue when she asked him if he thought what they were doing was right. she was lucky that it was Scott she asked that question to. Ask that to Magneto or Emma and you're going to get read.

Also, he let them keep Creed while he could have easily and legally taken him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We know that but Bobby doesn't know that. And let's be real here, Bobby is probably the last X-Man to do something so brutal but he was in painful mourning. I don't like the extreme violence either but I understand what happens when all you see is red. This is the same group allied with someone shouting "Death To Gene Junk! For Verendi!" while throwing a grenade. Had Bishop not intercepted it, the ship would have sunk.
    The X-men weren't stranger to violence in the past, they often got carried away by the strength of their emotions but once the dust has settled, they were horrified by it.
    It's the responsability they carried about their powers that required a control… not very efficient sometimes but they never were flippant about it.
    It's the casualness with they resort to violence that is unsettling.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's weird that both are kind of isolated, even before the Fox shenanigans. The FF were often not involved or reacting to things that they should be.
    Agreed. And both offices understandably want their teams to look good so these things are tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    And Bishop specifically requested help while investigating and he got it. Then Bobby went crazy lol but Bishop was definitely going to get killed on that both if they didn't get there.
    Oh I definitely agree and I like how Duggan wanted to make Bobby's actions very questionable to the readers. But spirit was saying Bobby should have been more like Bishop but he was under attack when Bobby arrived. So Bobby threw a fit lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid;4850171[I
    ]So basically the Fantastic Four don't have a right[/I] to know why people are trying to steal their stuff and murdering people to do it, especially when they'd happily hand over the plans and help if they knew what was happening

And no, the only person Scott was being amicable to was Ben, he was condescending down to everyone else.
    I mean, no they don't. Not sure why that's a hard concept to grasp. Hand Sabertooth over and trust the X-Men to deal with him.

But that's the real issue here "trust", the FF and especially Reed don't trust the X-Men.

Agreed. And both offices understandably want their teams to look good so these things are tricky.

Oh I definitely agree and I like how Duggan wanted to make Bobby's actions very questionable to the readers. But spirit was saying Bobby should have been more like Bishop but he was under attack when Bobby arrived. So Bobby threw a fit lol
    Yeah yeah I meant too that investigating wouldn't have kept Bishop alive, even if he investigates super super hard. Some violence was needed hahaha

BANNED

They weren't stealing from the FF.

Scott was all smiles and he was nice in that scene. He only replied to Sue when she asked him if he thought what they were doing was right and she was like that it was Scott she asked that question to. Ask that to Magneto or Emma and you're going to get read.

Also, he let them keep Creed while he could have easily and legally taken him.
    Yes so stealing things from a warehouse that explicitly and specifically only houses plans made by Reed Richards and Tony Stark isn't stealing from them.
    And no he was not nice he condescending the entire time to everyone except Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The X-men weren't stranger to violence in the past, they often got carried away by the strength of their emotions but once the dust has settled, they were horrified by it.
    It's the responsability they carried about their powers that required a control… not very efficient sometimes but they never were flippant about it.
    It's the casualness with they resort to violence that is unsettling.
    You're absolutely right, it's quite a difference from what we've seen in the past. But I think the stakes have changed now. When the X-Men got back from Age of X they came back to a world that legally voted against them, to the point that they had to hide the Morlocks in a "friendly" nation because of murders on the streets. Thankfully Charles/Erik/Moira decided not to fight back, to figure out the resurrections and get everyone safe in one place.

Yeah yeah I meant too that investigating wouldn't have kept Bishop alive, even if he investigates super super hard. Some violence was needed hahaha
    Oh gotcha! Sorry, I was seeing red.

BANNED

Krakoa should be able to legally claim mutant children from flatscan parents. A mutant growing up in a human environment is a form of child abuse since it stifles their development and exposes them to anti-mutant bigotry.

Yes so stealing things from a warehouse that explicitly and specifically only houses plans made by Reed Richards and Tony Stark isn't stealing from them.
    They were stealing from Damage Control, who got control of their patents and such. Shame on Richards and Stark on not taking precautions with their tech, actually.

About the condescending part, you can read it however you want but he was being nice. Otherwise he'd taken Creed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Krakoa should be able to legally claim mutant children from flatscan parents. A mutant growing up in a human environment is a form of child abuse since it stifles their development and exposes them to anti-mutant bigotry.
    ... What? Like no.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I like the idea of Krakoa, I think the fact the X-men old main villains being there gives a nice tension to the story, I like the fact the X-men are living together as a family, but I will agree that I could do with less braging, not much from Scott, who doesnt really brag about anything, but from others like Storm or Hank or Bobby or Charles or even Magneto in a day to day basis, they are not all Emma who talks that way as a part of her personality that writers really like to write, they really are not the kind of ppl who brag because they have no need for it and that affects that familiar feeling the X-men always had. But well those are my feeling on the main X-men title.

My problem with this mini is that yes, the conflict feels forced, the X-men and the FF to a point, are being written oc to develop a conflict that feels forced, I hope I am wrong and that there´s a reason for this but really this feels no different that the Inhuman vs X-men story where the narrative is too busy making the X-men the villains to care if the story makes sense for their characters or not.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

They were stealing from Damage Control, who got control of their patents and such. Shame on Richards and Stark on not taking precautions with their tech, actually.

About the condescending part, you can read it
    however you want but he was being nice. Otherwise he'd taken Creed.
    I read that too… Just saying.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I'll give you that it was "stealing" but what were they stealing? Plans to create a Mother Mold, which creates Master Molds, which creates Sentinels, to exterminate the mutants. Remember, Moira has seen that the Sentinels/machines end up turning on humanity too. So by stealing the intel, they saved everyone.

But yes, I would love to see the X-Men be able to go to the FF and say "hey, we need help destroying a murderous AI sitting by the sun" and Reed be like "Of course, let's go my mutant family!" But we're not gonna get that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean, no they don't. Not sure why that's a hard concept to grasp. Hand Sabertooth over and trust the X-Men to deal with him.

But that's the real issue here "trust", the FF and especially Reed don't trust the X-Men.
    So the X-Men send psychopaths to steal from the FF and somehow it's the FF's fault for not trusting them?
    I swear the X-Men could eat a baby and you people would find a way to justify it and make it someone else's fault.

I'll give you that it was "stealing" but what were they stealing? Plans to create a Mother Mold, which creates Master Molds, which creates Sentinels, to exterminate the mutants. Remember, Moira has seen that the Sentinels/machines end up turning on humanity too. So by stealing the intel, they saved everyone.

But yes, I would love to see the X-Men be able to go to the FF and say "hey, we need help destroying a murderous AI sitting by the sun" and Reed be like "Of course, let's go my mutant family!" But we're not gonna get that.
    That depends on how this series ends.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!