Page 330 of 626 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m confused at those who are confused about jean’s Omega level telepathy.

For one, people in the past have come in here to claim that Xavier and Emma are stroger telepaths and there was a pretty strong consensus among jean posters that this wasn’t the case.

Two, Emma herself has state jean is the most gifted psychic she’s ever met. That would include Xavier.

I guess what I’m saying is just surprised that im seeing as many people who are surprised by Hickman’s revelation.

Also I still see people saying since her tp is omega and not her tk, that tp is her main/strongest power. That isn’t necessarily the case. If telepathy has some subjective Lower ceiling than tk, then one could reach that ceiling More easily, whereas the tk is higher but it just doesn’t come as close to its respective ceiling (note that in Hickman’s definition, one can REACH the upper ceiling of their power and be omega. It does not mean “limitless”).

I’m jut going by his new terms. It involves some re defining of how these words were previously used).
    The hierarchy of telepaths has always been Jean > Emma > Rachel = Xavier > QQQ = Betsy without a whole lot of deviation.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m confused at those who are confused about jean’s Omega level telepathy.

For one, people in the past have come in here to claim that Xavier and Emma are stroger telepaths and there was a pretty strong consensus among jean posters that this wasn’t the case.

Two, Emma herself has state jean is the most gifted psychic she’s ever met. That would include Xavier.

I guess what I’m saying is just surprised that im seeing as many people who are surprised by Hickman’s revelation.

Also I still see people saying since her tp is omega and not her tk, that tp is her main/strongest power. That isn’t necessarily the case. If telepathy has some subjective Lower ceiling than tk, then one could reach that ceiling More easily, whereas the tk is higher but it just doesn’t come as close to its respective ceiling (note that in Hickman’s definition, one can REACH the upper ceiling of their power and be omega. It does not mean “limitless”).

I’m jut going by his new terms. It involves some re defining of how these words were previously used).
    Xavier and Emma aren't better telepaths than Jean. But they may have different methods and approaches to certain problems than Jean, that could be in some cases more useful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And I still can have my opinion. I'm not trashing Hickman or anything. And my opinion is not entirely based on first issue, but also on future solicits and roles
    You're entitled to your opinion, but a negative opinion based on 2 pages is a bit silly, no? You should articulate why you don't like his Jean based on those 2 pages.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No it was incredibly impressive. I can’t think of another telepath doing what she did here quite in this scale. The fact that she was even able to siphon power from 2 cosmic entities is a godlike feat
    You misunderstood. I agreed that siphoning for 2 Comsic Entities energy is a god like feat and impressive but I disagreed with what you said that her at her fullest potential she could siphon the whole planet. She could do much much more like alter reality with telekinisis.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    You misunderstood. I agreed that siphoning for 2 Comsic Entities energy is a god like feat and impressive but I disagreed with what you said that her at her fullest potential she could siphon the whole planet. She could do much much more like alter reality with telekinisis.
    Yeah but that would be telekinesis. Jean is listed as an omega level telepath and siphoning the entire planet is an omega level telepathic feat

I never noticed that there were a big difference in terms of raw power between Rachel, Jean, Emma, Xavier… and even Betsy. (Probably it depends on authors…)

The difference is about how they consider their power: among the telepaths, there were persons that are more "physical" like Betsy and Rachel, can rely on other power like Jean and Emma…
    The only one with just telepathy is Xavier.

The idea that just raw power matters annoys me: it puts aside experience, knowledge, technicality… And as they are more or less friends, they learnt from each other…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The hierarchy of telepaths has always been Jean > Emma > Rachel = Xavier > QQQ = Betsy without a whole lot of deviation.
    My personal TP ranking is something like this: Jean > Xavier = Shadow King > Emma > Rachel = Psylocke = Nate Grey > Exodus = Stryfe > Quentin > Stepford Cuckoos > Cable. The second half is a little more nebulous, but I think it's been pretty established Xavier and the Shadow King are in a tier of their own after Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Betsy is better than Quentin, she did very well on astral projection on astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Betsy is better than Quentin, she did very well on astral projection on astonishing
    its about raw power, not skill. Betsy may be more skillfull (she has years worth of experience), but QQ has alot more raw power

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but a negative opinion based on 2 pages is a bit silly, no? You should articulate why you don't like his Jean based on those 2 pages.
    I already said that my problem isn't the 2 pages on first issue. I'm willing to let the story develop, for now i have no strong opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    besides scott with who do you ship jean? , steven rogers, matt murdock, frank castle?
    besides Scott LOL

Daredevil is basically a Scott twin lost.

I like steve rogers, Thor and Bishop. Maybe Iron Fist

its about raw power, not skill. Betsy may be more skillfull (she has years worth of experience), but QQ has alot more raw power
    Allright, yeah QQ has raw power but poor skills
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-30-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Fantastic Member

Yeah but that would be telekinesis. Jean is listed as an omega level telepath and siphoning the entire planet is an omega level telepathic feat
    Telekinisis boosted by her Omega TP (Pink Form) I meant could give these results... She has siphoned an entire planet plus Cosmic Entities... I still don't find it impressive anymore to just siphon a Planet in Pink Form. Anyway hope we see some extraordinary feats from Jean under Hickman.

It is too early to judge hickman. This last issue was all world building.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Telekinisis boosted by her Omega TP (Pink Form) I meant could give these results... She has siphoned an entire planet plus Cosmic Entities... I still don't find it impressive anymore to just siphon a Planet in Pink Form. Anyway hope we see some extraordinary feats from Jean under Hickman.
    I get it but Hickman doesnt consider her an omega level TK and my only rationale could be bc its her TP that boosts her TK, not that her TK is capable of that on its own. Jean has had a few bouts in history when she's only had TK; she'd never have the potential to do what you suggest in those cases bc she didnt have her TP to amplify her powers. The TP is her power source; the TK is its execution. I think thats where Hickman is going with her

In Claremont's run, she was able to rearrange the molecules in her and her teammates clothing using her TP to access Cable's TK. That was a very powerful and highly advanced feat and she did it quite effortlessly.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-30-2019 at 07:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    My personal TP ranking is something like this: Jean > Xavier = Shadow King > Emma > Rachel = Psylocke = Nate Grey > Exodus = Stryfe > Quentin > Stepford Cuckoos > Cable. The second half is a little more nebulous, but I think it's been pretty established Xavier and the Shadow King are in a tier of their own after Jean.
    In terms of raw power aren't Cable and Nate top tier?