Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But didn't Jean already learn everything Beast knew about the human/mutant body, before her last death? I thought Jean used that knowledge to reform Emma after her diamond form was shattered? Wouldn't Jean have retained that info?
    What does that have to do with anything?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It’s Cap and I thought he named her bc she has history with the Celestials and therefore would be a better fit
    Oh ****, I forgot about this. That's probably exactly the reason that they namedropped her here. She's already been in the mind of a Celestial before!

Probably her explanation for going into T'Challa's head to help take out the sentinite?

I'm going to guess that the information Jean got from Hank has to do more with the outside of a person's body than the inside because presumably Emma doesn't exactly have the same kind of insides as someone else if she is solid diamond.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

But didn't Jean already learn everything Beast knew about the human/mutant body, before her last death? I thought Jean used that knowledge to reform Emma after her diamond form was shattered? Wouldn't Jean have retained that info?
    She learned where things need to go to put Emma back together. This was different...what she did to Storm was more extraction rather than putting anything back.

Basically regular surgery vs. microsurgery.

I wouldn't expect her to. She "learned" to fly a shuttle in 101 from Peter Corbeau right before she became Phoenix and she did it again in Morrison's run right before flying to Asteroid M to (attempt) to rescue Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh ****, I forgot about this. That's probably exactly the reason that they namedropped her here. She's already been in the mind of a Celestial before!
    It was definitely Tony talking....but when was Jean in a Celestial's mind?

I don't have the issue number on hand but it was one of the last arcs of the O5's X-Factor when they were brought into space by Ship and dealt with a celestial there. Also definitively allowed Jean to have the memories of Dark Phoenix and Madelyne Pryor.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yep. It was Paul Smith's X-Factor years If I remember well.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It's not significant but over in Avengers #2 today Tony namedrops Jean while fighting a bunch of Celestials.

Attachment 65981
    Hope Jean will guest star for an arc on Avengers

I was wondering why Jean now needed to access additional knowledge of brain pathways if she had prior anatomical knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't have the issue number on hand but it was one of the last arcs of the O5's X-Factor when they were brought into space by Ship and dealt with a celestial there. Also definitively allowed Jean to have the memories of Dark Phoenix and Madelyne Pryor.
    Is that when Jean harnessed the last bit of absorbed Phoenix Force energy from Maddie and blew off the Celestial thumb?

It was definitely Tony talking....but when was Jean in a Celestial's mind?
    You're right. My bad

X-Factor's Judgement war dealt with the team and the Celestials

Lol nvm...

Is that when Jean harnessed the last bit of absorbed Phoenix Force energy from Maddie and blew off the Celestial thumb?
    It was

Astonishing Member

It's not significant but over in Avengers #2 today Tony namedrops Jean while fighting a bunch of Celestials.

Attachment 65981
    Yessssss!!! "We need JEAN GREY" hell yeah let my girl FLEX on an Avengers title. I would love to see Jean Grey guest starring in a Avengers book for an issue or two. And I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility seeing Jean Grey joining The Avengers roster a year or two down the line.

I was wondering why Jean now needed to access additional knowledge of brain pathways if she had prior anatomical knowledge.
    Maybe she looked at Hank's knowledge like we can read a manual. She could figure out the steps, she understood the human body, she put all Emma's pieces in place, and she closed the book. But after that, she didn't retain all this knowledge. She just "read" it in Hank's mind.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    Maybe she looked at Hank's knowledge like we can read a manual. She could figure out the steps, she understood the human body, she put all Emma's pieces in place, and she closed the book. But after that, she didn't retain all this knowledge. She just "read" it in Hank's mind.
    Except that Jean is supposed to have an eidetic memory.