Page 87 of 283 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Seriously? Nobody cares about the ad?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd like to avoid the sidekick treatment, i.e., the supporting characters all owing their powers, abilities, raison d'ętre, etc., to the main hero/character. MCU has War Machine and Falcon for that already. What made Monica different is that she got her powers by a random accident not tied to any existing Marvel character. I'd like to keep it that way. The discussion gets deeper than that, but I'll leave it there for now.
    I get your underlying point about the situation but as a viewer I'm actually happy that we aren't going to get an origin story with some accident. I'm pretty much over re-living origins at this point. Just jump right into having powers and start going. Now Monica has powers, will learn how to use them and can be a fully-fledged capable hero before she hits her first movie.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Considering she's probably going to replace Brie Larson as Captain Marvel after Captain Marvel 2, I doubt she's going to be a sidekick character.
    Zero percent chance of that happening. Why would they?

Extraordinary Member

Expanding on what I said earlier in the thread, spoilers:
    I would like to hope that Agatha isn't a villain, because it would make a lot more sense for Wanda to learn about her powers from Agatha as she did in the comics -- Strange will likely show up, but it seems to be Agatha who actually knows what Wanda can do.

Since Agatha's magic seems to work similarly to Wanda's, with the brightly-colored mind-control mist, I'm hoping for a parallel between the way Wanda was introduced in the MCU, as someone who was working for a genocidal villain but did a face-turn when she realized that what she was doing is wrong. Maybe it's too much to hope for, but the MCU still doesn't have all that many powerful women to waste one of them on the relatively thankless role of MCU villain (by which I just mean that MCU heroes go on for many years, while MCU villains usually die pretty quickly).

Also since I'm just making wild guesses at this point: since Agatha killing Sparky was clearly intended to get the boys to age themselves up -- remember, Wanda stopped them from doing so -- I suspect that the next time we see them, they'll be teenagers and played by whoever will play them in "Young Avengers."
    end of spoilers

Probably just a coincidence but at 11:13

spoilers:
    The unicyclist costume reminds me a lot of Jean Grey's Dark Phoenix outfit (the colors, and the way the cape looks a bit like the Phoenix aura.) It even looks like an "X" on her midriff. Granted, I could just be seeing what I want to see, or it's a meaningless Easter egg.
    end of spoilers
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

No you're onto something obviously that clown is the Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I have a theory going on recently in my head of the man behind the curtain in this theory and it goes back to episode 1;

spoilers:
    I always felt that the name of the boss Mr. Hart and Mrs. Hart where maybe symbolic of some thing, So my believe that this might be one of the more minor yet still powerful Mystical and Demonic beings of the marvel versus that this could be;

BLACKHEART!

Maybe trying to impress or gain power of his father in this as his endgame, use or manipulate Wanda’s powers.

https://youtu.be/CqEG0RjMuUk
    end of spoilers
    I thought they were just named that to set up the whole anniversary joke by putting a heart on the calendar.

How about this?

Agatha is not really Agatha. 'She' is her son, Nicholas SCRATCH, which means

Senor Scratchy is really Senora Scratchy - - Agatha, caught by her son, a plot point that has happened once or twice in the comics.

I still wonder what / who 'Ralph' could be code for? Raphael, an angel, spirit or demon?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Probably just a coincidence but at 11:13

spoilers:
    The unicyclist costume reminds me a lot of Jean Grey's Dark Phoenix outfit (the colors, and the way the cape looks a bit like the Phoenix aura.) It even looks like an "X" on her midriff. Granted, I could just be seeing what I want to see, or it's a meaningless Easter egg.
    end of spoilers
    I go with Easter Fun Egg, Nice catch!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

In a way that person could resemble, slightly, Old Nick Scratch too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    This thread is moving fast!
    The End song has hyper charged us!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever find out who the woman and man in the live-action segments are. Are they even credited yet?

Anyway, spoilers:
    the "Nexus" thing could refer to the Nexus of All Realities from Man-Thing, or to Wanda's comic book history as a "nexus being" (which has never been well defined, but it's there), or both.

The interesting thing to me was that all the other commercials had really bad messages for Wanda -- telling her to forget her past, to escape the real world and stay in Westview forever -- and this one was more ambiguous. The voiceover seemed to be giving her good advice about feeling her feelings and seizing her destiny, but it wasn't quite a straightforwardly good message either.
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The ad was pretty on the nose. With the ambiguity gone there isn't much to talk about. Unless Westview is an access point to the Nexus of All Realties.

Smile

Oh it is Major Deal if one knows abit of Wanda’s comic history!

https://youtu.be/g3tFN2i9dqE

A reminder that we're getting all of this in the next weeks