Page 232 of 277 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I saw a lot of people speculating where they would've ended up in the comments for the AV Club write up of this episode. I was the first person there to suggest Bewitched. Although having them as a husband and wife crime solving team like Hart to Hart would've worked too.
    Isn't that what we have Ralph and Sue for ?

And I still have the "Ultimate Buds" theme song stuck in my head

Astonishing Member

I saw a lot of people speculating where they would've ended up in the comments for the AV Club write up of this episode. I was the first person there to suggest Bewitched. Although having them as a husband and wife crime solving team like Hart to Hart would've worked too.
    One suggestion I saw was Dark Shadows, probably for the pun on Nora’s surname. But I’ve seen all the episodes and can’t really think where they’d fit. Nora possibly works in an Angelique role, but Ray is no Barnabas. Maybe Chris Jennings at a stretch, possibly Joe Haskell. Possibly Peter Bradford, but Nora isn’t Victoria Winters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    yes it was the Mia Dearden version. she appears in a couple episodes in season 9. it was actually a very faithful adaptation of her origin.
    Wow, I completely forgot about that! I've yet to do a Smallville re-watch...the idea is a bit daunting.

I could definitely see Bewitched.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wow that was terrific. I've been down on the arc this season and the focus on the supernatural but this was just a total delight from beginning to end. Hell, they had a major team-up between Moana and Gary and I was still fine with it! The return of OG Zari on what seems to be a more permanent basis is great enough but everything else about this episode, from the character beats to the show parodies, was pretty much perfect. Plus, I love how much the dystopian future drew from Terry Gilliam's masterpiece, Brazil, as much as it did 1984, which was a great touch.

An easy top 5 episode for me.

Oh and those spoilers for season 6 sound fantastic, if true. They can easily lose Charlie, Gary, and Astra, though. Or at least demote them to recurring guest stars. Unless, of course, they can find something else for Maisie Richardson-Sellers to do. And if they want to keep two Zaris around that's AOK by me too.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Mighty Member

Wonder who or what abducted Sara?

Wonderful, nutty, touching finale, in the best Legends tradition.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

spoilers:
    give us two zaris at once you cowards!!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Guess we have to wait until next season to find out.

spoilers:
    give us two zaris at once you cowards!!
    end of spoilers
    The thing I find about the Zaris, she is much hotter as the Khadashian Zari, but much more lovable as the tech Zari.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The thing I find about the Zaris, she is much hotter as the Khadashian Zari, but much more lovable as the tech Zari.
    Yes! I feel exactly the same way.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Here we go.

45e9611843dd4f549f199a7cf2ba2701.jpg
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

They better keep Sara around as a regular next season, even if it's just her with her kidnappers. Her, Ray and Mick were my favorite parts of this show. I don't want to see two of them gone in one season.

I'll still watch regardless as the show is fun as hell, but it will still be disappointing.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Ha! That's fair.

I do much prefer Zari 1.0, though, so I don't love that they got rid of her.

Otherwise, though, even if it wasn't a patch on last week's masterpiece, this was a very solid wrap to the season. It was a spotty season overall but a major improvement over season four and these past few episodes have been particularly strong. I'm just glad that we look to be going in a more science fiction direction next season.

By the way, though, I kinda can't believe that Courtney Ford returned so soon, even if just for a cameo. Neither she nor Routh were happy about leaving the show so I'm not just surprised that she said yes to a return so soon but that the writers had the audacity to ask her back in the first place!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The fact that Sara and Nate are the only Legends who actually have real Superhero costumes at this point feels kind of sad .

I knew they weren't going to keep Sara blind but that's got to be the shortest lasting power upgrade I've ever seen.

We were able to get Nora back as Marie Antoinette but not Ray?

Uh...so we're just going to leave the main villainous Fate to her own devices and wallow in her misery of being human? Feels like she needs a more definitive end then that. Or at least some tangible comeuppance for what she's done.

Are we going to see OG!Zari again? I'm not quite sure what direction they're going to take them or the weird love rectangle going on between Nate, Zari(s), and Constantine. And it looks like Constantine and Zari are an actual couple and not just having sex...?

Will John Constantine be John Constantine without all the guilt and sin that has dragged him down and defined him as a character, what with finally finally saving Astra for all intents and purposes? Well, this is Legends of Tomorrow.

I guess Ava is going to have to take full captainship sooner then she expected.

So...is Charlie really done? I feel like her story is as done as Astra's is but I don't see them writing Maise Richardson-Sellers out.