Page 619 of 929 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by diehard200904 View Post
    Attachment 38987
    Attachment 38988

a little 20th anniversary fun from another alternate universe.
    congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I saw in the "TRINITY anticipation thread" that in Trinity #1, there'll be a flashback to a SM/WW kiss (JL #12 cover) while Diana and Lois are discussing. See here.
    I suppose they're talking about Diana's relationship with Superman.

Attachment 39000

What are your fears/hopes of how Manapul will treat the SM/WW relationship? Will he pull a Jurgens and use Diana to prop Superdad and wife?
    If its specifically mentioned in dialogue, it will be shat on, which is why I hope its just a collection of panels illustrating Diana and Bruce's memories of their friend, and that's that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Manapul would have the same agenda as Jurgens and Rucka. I expect the worst. Diana will prob say Superman and Lois are so perfect with their son and their lovely life and she is sorry she got in the way of the new 52 version or doesn't know what is true anymore and her Superman was fake. Some bs along those lines. The only writer who remotely showed some genuine emotion of someone who suffered a bereavement is Hitch with Diana being comforted by Arthur but his JL on the whole is nothing new in terms of the plot and threats etc.

The kiss he used as well looks like Lee's cover art. Not even the actual moment in the book.

The last Trinity book I read by Busiek was pretty bad...Matt Wagner's was so so...this.. fortunately I have no expectations for a book I have no intention of buying.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-14-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Manapul would have the same agenda as Jurgens and Rucka. I expect the worst. Diana will prob say Superman and Lois are so perfect with their son and their lovely life and she is sorry she got in the way of the new 52 version or doesn't know what is true anymore and her Superman was fake. Some bs along those lines. The only writer who remotely showed some genuine emotion of someone who suffered a bereavement is Hitch with Diana being comforted by Arthur but his JL on the whole is nothing new in terms of the plot and threats etc.

The kiss he used as well looks like Lee's cover art. Not even the actual moment in the book.

The last Trinity book I read by Busiek was pretty bad...Matt Wagner's was so so...this.. fortunately I have no expectations for a book I have no intention of buying.
    Hello again guys, but yes, I expect the worst.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Yeah, I expect similarly to the rest of you, only comics don't really concern me when I got suckered into Netflix shows (Daredevil, Flash) instead. Also hey, I will let anyone know if Justice League: Throne of Atlantis makes it to Netflix, which it probably will if the two-year mark from the release date comes in, I believe, October of this year, given that I am on Netflix for a cheap monthly cost.

At this point, I am just going to be featuring moments when I can. I can count on disappearing this week with busy times a callin' see you all.

How Manapul feels of the whole situation himself I couldn't begin to guess. He hasn't done so much with Superman that I have much of a feel of his likes and dislikes with the character. But if anything based alone off of Rucka's puzzling complete creative control over Wonder Woman, and the already admitted collaboration with Jurgens to bury it, I'm just assuming at this point that it won't be allowed to portrayed the SM/WW relationship in a positive light regardless who's writing it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

lara_191109_by_mhunt.jpg

Fan Art of Lara from Mhunt on DeviantArt

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This is rebirth... Nothing good will come out of there..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If its specifically mentioned in dialogue, it will be shat on, which is why I hope its just a collection of panels illustrating Diana and Bruce's memories of their friend, and that's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Hello again guys, but yes, I expect the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Yeah, I expect similarly to the rest of you.
    How Manapul feels of the whole situation himself I couldn't begin to guess. He hasn't done so much with Superman that I have much of a feel of his likes and dislikes with the character. But if anything based alone off of Rucka's puzzling complete creative control over Wonder Woman, and the already admitted collaboration with Jurgens to bury it, I'm just assuming at this point that it won't be allowed to portrayed the SM/WW relationship in a positive light regardless who's writing it.
    Well, nothing to looking forward so.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

Hitch seems ok with SM/WW. In his Rao arc, he shows Clark and Diana care about each other. When Kal is informed that Barry, Hal and Diana disappeared, his reaction is "Diana!!!" ignoring the other two guys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well, nothing to looking forward so.
    I've taken a look at reviews and scans of Manapul's Darkseid War -Superman - one shot. It would have left me very pessimistic about 52 Clark's portrayal in this book.

But, as you saw in another thread, before I even get there, there's the disgust and sadness of this book being Superdad with 52/Rebirth Batman and Wonder Woman.

'Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are together again'.

And to add insult to injury, they have this in the solicit when in the movieverse it's Trinity-in-name-only. With Clark saying a single line to Diana, and Snyder killing Superman specifically for Batman and Wonder Woman to form the Justice League.

Hitch seems ok with SM/WW. In his Rao arc, he shows Clark and Diana care about each other. When Kal is informed that Barry, Hal and Diana disappeared, his reaction is "Diana!!!" ignoring the other two guys.
    Da**, what have we lost. Back then I thought the plot (Batman has the plans for kryptonians), and Clark's characterization (shaking the scientist kid by the lapels) were insulting. But da**, how I lament at what we lost.

I also remember him calling her to say how he'd like her to meet 'Rao'. Hitch was on our side. And I complained about it every step of the way.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I've taken a look at reviews and scans of Manapul's Darkseid War -Superman - one shot. It would have left me very pessimistic about 52 Clark's portrayal in this book.
    Manapul's Superman probably will eat apple pies all the time.

But, as you saw in another thread, before I even get there, there's the disgust and sadness of this book being Superdad with 52/Rebirth Batman and Wonder Woman.

'Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are together again'.

And to add insult to injury, they have this in the solicit when in the movieverse it's Trinity-in-name-only. With Clark saying a single line to Diana, and Snyder killing Superman specifically for Batman and Wonder Woman to form the Justice League.
    A little correction... Snyder killed Superman specifically for Batman and Batman alone being the one to form the JL... Diana will do nothing except maybe to be Bruce's secretary.

"We had a version that we talked about where [Superman] just—this isn’t it, but where he got frozen and shot into space or something, so he’s kinda gone. Because one of the big things I wanted to make sure of was that as we went into Justice League, Bruce Wayne was the one who was gathering the Justice League. I thought it was really important to have Bruce Wayne be the samurai who goes and finds the other samurai, that to me was important."

http://collider.com/batman-v-superma...ustice-league/

Da**, what have we lost. Back then I thought the plot (Batman has the plans for kryptonians), and Clark's characterization (shaking the scientist kid by the lapels) were insulting. But da**, how I lament at what we lost.

I also remember him calling her to say how he'd like her to meet 'Rao'. Hitch was on our side. And I complained about it every step of the way.
    "You don't know what you've got until it's gone."

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Is there any reason why Batman has been less of a #%&# to Superman in Dark Knight 3? Does anyone know more of the behind the info? Or is Miller just tired of making Batman be that way because it is all the finale?

Here is miller's nod

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    Here is miller's nod
    Too bad we missed the um, side effects...

Admitted where?

I don't know how to feel about Superdad interacting with Diana and Bruce. I can't even get excited about this new TRINITY book. And the last iterations certainly sucked but with Superman dead and Superdad as the replacement? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    Here is miller's nod
    This poster gets it. No really, this is a good board where unlike others, we respect each other and don't troll that much. I just hope people find something to celebrate from tumblr or from what has transpired.

I am going to be gone. I am not going to lie. I certainly feel like the big two are going into really convoluted territory, but at the same time. I hope we find a way to celebrate without anything being given as well as with something being given.

Cheers,

Ben