Page 79 of 136 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2039
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm burning in desires to see it.
    Either way it's going to create a predictable response.

One of two things:

1) It'll meet the expectations and demand. In this scenario expect the following posts and hot takes on CBR and across the internet:
    --- People will gush and wax in nostalgia.
    --- Someone will toss theories about whether Andrew or Tobey will die or is likely to die, and whether they'll be treated seriously or get disrespected.
    --- There will be comments about Sony rewarding toxic-fans and so on, with some comparing Raimi fans who wanted the trailer and forced the issue on Sony/Marvel to the SnyderCult.

OR

2) It won't meet the expectations.
    --- Expect disappointed reactions.
    --- Baffled takes on Sony's marketing and so on.
    --- On twitter,reddit,4chan, there will be actual death threats.
    --- There will be articles about toxic Spider-Man fandom that compares them to the SnyderCult.
    --- Some expressions of Schadenfreude.
    --- Tom Holland fans will gloat about people thinking the third Spider-Man film being about him, as if it ever could be with importations like Doc Ock and Green Goblin in the 3rd film.

The discourse in the coming week will not vary from any scenario that is written above. This is the superposition of all readings of the coming days on the metacritical quantum level.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-16-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

Where's the darn trailer?

EDIT: Nevermind the trailer is dropping around 8.00pm EST.

Trailer at 8:30 est my final prediction unfortunately is that the ending shot is alis all three spider man
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I am getting excited about seeing the trailer this evening. I am not going to let it get my hopes up though if we do not get to see everyone we want...yet.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Mighty Member

Did anybody see it at the event earlier

Astonishing Member

Still don't think we'll be seeing Tobey and Andrew in the trailer (they may be at the event, who knows). How they're marketing the OG Ghostbusters in Afterlife is the most I see Sony doing with the OG Spider-Men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Did anybody see it at the event earlier
    Event is actually ongoing as I type this, so probably not.

Just watched it. Well that was interesting to say the least.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

sony aint showing tobey or andrew yet is this character development?

spoilers:
    Nice trailer but they went the unpopular way.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

We'll see what information comes from the Theater event.

Let me say that I was impressed they found a way to do Ditko's Electro look for the first time.

As for the rest.

Listen all the Trash Spider-Man fans, I get some of you with low aesthetic sensibilities cannot appreciate the brilliance of the Goblin costume, but at the least acknowledge that it's not been replaced with something better here, Egad...

I mean seriously, this is worse than the Harry Goblin look (which was intentionally trashy).

I also don't get what's funny about the name "Otto Octavius" I mean both are actual real world names (names of Emperors and Tyrants, i.e. Otto von Bismarck, and Octavian who became Caesar Augustus). It's not like Otto introduces himself as Doctor Octopus (which he never used in the first film).

Likewise, I don't get the retcon that MJ finding out Peter's identity was the only normal week he knew (for one thing that was also the week he battled Mysterio, got hit by a train, came back to NY and got his identity exposed).

PS: Will also say that the leaks about the Statue of Liberty stuff seem to be accurate or at the least based on something legit.

ah they gave jamie the electro mask with his lighting thats smart

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Wasn't the time Michelle found out when Peter was fighting Mysterio and then soon after they got back he was outed...?

Do Michelle and Ganke really need to join Peter on his talk with Dr. Strange? Like, I get they're his friends, but this feels out of depth for civilians and they don't need to follow him around everywhere.

Wonder how Otto gets the red tentacle upgrade. I love how he doesn't even recognize MCU Peter as Peter which just goes to show how weird this all is.

They make fun of Otto Octavius but wait until they hear someone say "Doctor Octopus..."

"It was their fate to die against Spider-Man" so Peter ends up screwing with the plan and going up against Dr. Strange because he doesn't want to resign them to death? Even though Gobby killed himself, Sandman faded into the sky of his own accord, and Ock went out heroically...and Lizard didn't die either, but okay.

Electro's starfish mask! There it is .

Oh look, JK Simmons has his Commissioner Gordon hat.

This is basically like the Insomniac Spider-Man game where Peter has to track down and stop the Sinister Six, except they're one short .

I would not be surprised if they edited Tobey and Andrew swinging around in that scene of Strange, especially when he says "they're coming." And, really, banking so much on villains that fought other Spider-Men it really doesn't make sense that those other Spider-Men wouldn't be in the movie.

FEXBuV6XMAAgOnK.jpg

the other spiderman are clearly cgi out