Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is the best preview of this series so far

BANNED

OH SHIT. Gorgon is Badass.

I like this. I'm VERY interested now.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I've been looking forward to this issue, but man, I wish Yu was better at human expressions. I think Mags is supposed to be smiling on that last page, but instead he just looks constipated, and I don't know what's going on with Scott's face in the next panel, is he holding back a sneeze? Apparently there are no girls allowed, that kind of sucks.

Astonishing Member

Yeah the dialouge here is probably the best in this series. You can tell Hickman is having fun writing all these strong personalities.

Enjoyable preview. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable issue. Hickman should have fun writing high level sociopolitical and economic discussions featuring Apocalypse. Well, there's something I never thought I'd write.
    I had to Google 'Gorgon' again because I'm not familiar with him. He's the perfect overpowered bodyguard.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I've been looking forward to this issue, but man, I wish Yu was better at human expressions. I think Mags is supposed to be smiling on that last page, but instead he just looks constipated, and I don't know what's going on with Scott's face in the next panel, is he holding back a sneeze? Apparently there are no girls allowed, that kind of sucks.
    Yeah Emma would have been nice to see since she's the one handling the drugs distribution and she did the UN meetings.

This looks good. Only negative for me is way too much men. When the X-line is known for strong female characters in a world where we need strong female characters at the forefront it kind of sucks there isn't one female presence among these "big guns".
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah Emma would have been nice to see since she's the one handling the drugs distribution and she did the UN meetings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This looks good. Only negative for me is way too much men. When the X-line is known for strong female characters in a world where we need strong female characters at the forefront it kind of sucks there isn't one female presence among these "big guns".
    Yeah, I don't get how Apocalypse is here before Jean, Ororo, and Emma. Apocalypse - the biggest villain on Krakoa and on the Quiet Council.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Because there is Marauders with Kate and Emma and Storm for strong female characters!

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Because there is Marauders with Kate and Emma and Storm for strong female characters!
    Still doesn't excuse the main book having only male characters making the big decisions on the world stage. It looks like any other basic nation that doesn't support females as the face of power.

Not to mention Apoc is also in Excalibur and Xavier has made an appearance in every book so not a viable excuse.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This looks bad-ass asf. I'm back in. I gave up after golden girls thing but this looks nice. I expect good things, but if the issue is just these guys posing I won't h8 on it.

I agree and disagree. X-men have always had strong females and female centered stories so having an issues about the boys isn't a bad thing imo.

At the same time It seems like X, Mags, and sometimes Apoc are the ones with the most influence/power. It would be nice If some females were on their level. Maybe Moira will pop up and do something interesting.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 12-27-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Gorgon's a scary mother******
    I mean his debut was beating Logan to death

Fantastic Member

Still doesn't excuse the main book having only male characters making the big decisions on the world stage. It looks like any other basic nation that doesn't support females as the face of power.

Not to mention Apoc is also in Excalibur and Xavier has made an appearance in every book so not a viable excuse.
    X-men is not a team book. It’s a cyclop’s solo disguised as the main xbook lol. I think they are going more to intimidate that’s why it’s a resurrected Xavier with two infamous and powerful mutant villains accompanying him. Its more of a power play more than anything.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm actually quite happy neither Storm, Jean nor Emma are present. (As members of the QC, they are the only women on the same "big guns" level as these three.)
    If only to stave off the endless "Hickman can't write *insert favourite female character here*" tirades and the resulting thread-derailment and devolution.

*looks at that panel, agin: All Five look so HAWTT!!! (Storm who?)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-27-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm actually quite happy neither Storm, Jean nor Emma are present. (As members of the QC, they are the only women on the same "big guns" level as these three.)
    If only to stave off the endless "Hickman can't write *insert favourite female character here*" tirades and the resulting thread-derailment and devolution.

*looks at that panel, agin: All Five look so HAWTT!!! (Storm who?)
    I would have taken any female, why not mystique if it was a power move, the world knows of mystique. And it kind of feels like "Well if people are going to say a man can't write a female well let's have that man not write any females so it can be good." Whch really makes no sense to me. It's about the world stage, if mutants are trying to present themselves as something different being another D club on the world stage doesn't do much. But that's just my opinion, no need for me to continue to beat a dead horse because at the end of the day "It's a man's world..." and i say that with all the ironic sadness a male can muster up. *shrugs*
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.