Page 156 of 212 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3173

The concept of Omegas went to **** when they started applying it to protagonists to make them special because of their random slot machine powers instead of who they are or anything actually about them. High stakes! Big strong!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I thought about this. Emma might be a candidate to be Omega, meh
    no way
    he is going to create a hard rule for who is and who isn't Omega, probably physics based, and the number of Omega Level mutants will get smaller probably. and Omega Level Telepath has never been the same as Omega Level Mutant. Omega Level Telepath is more like Black Belt in Telepathy.
    When Thanos invaded earth in Hickman's run and attacked the Jean Grey school with his order, Iceman, Rachel, Storm were there fighting off the invaders, and they only referred to Iceman as Omega mutant.

IMO, Jean, Rachel, Quentin are only Omegas for being ideal Phoenix hosts, not by themselves alone (they arent stronger than Exodus)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I thought about this. Emma might be a candidate to be Omega, meh
    Emma is already a "Omega Class Telepath", which is not the same as being just Omega.

The system is incredibly confusing. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...evel_Telepaths
    Last edited by Glio; 06-25-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Probably most mutants are Omega at their full potential.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I just hope that Delta Nu becomes an official designation after Eighteen years.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The concept of Omegas went to **** when they started applying it to protagonists to make them special because of their random slot machine powers instead of who they are or anything actually about them. High stakes! Big strong!
    I'd argue Omegas went to **** when they started repeating the same plot with them over and over without changing a damn thing and makes the X-Men look incompetent when they act like they've never dealt with this before.

Now I'm not an Omega, but when it comes to collecting root beer bottle caps, I'm Omega-level. This tea, it's an Omega-level bev, but also Omega in general.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I have never understood the writers who believe that making the characters more powerful makes them more interesting. We end with things like #HOTCLAWS

And then we have good old Scott, who keeps doing what he did 50 years ago.

BANNED

Remember when AoA Jean made Psylocke an omega telepath?

Dumb.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have never understood the writers who believe that making the characters more powerful makes them more interesting. We end with things like #HOTCLAWS

And then we have good old Scott, who keeps doing what he did 50 years ago.
    Hot claws isn't a good example. I mean, it sounds like a bad story, but it is not really a case of pumping a character's power level to the point of harming story telling potential. There have been plenty of times where a character was given a power increase but it was done well as it could be taken away. Spider-Man with the powers of Captain Universe was fun. Iceman being tampered with by Apocalypse and dealing with the aftereffects was dramatic. Those are things that serve a story and then can be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Hot claws isn't a good example. I mean, it sounds like a bad story, but it is not really a case of pumping a character's power level to the point of harming story telling potential. There have been plenty of times where a character was given a power increase but it was done well as it could be taken away. Spider-Man with the powers of Captain Universe was fun. Iceman being tampered with by Apocalypse and dealing with the aftereffects was dramatic. Those are things that serve a story and then can be resolved.
    They can be cool temporarily, but when they accumulate and never return to the previous level of power, an absurd arms race begins.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    no way
    he is going to create a hard rule for who is and who isn't Omega, probably physics based, and the number of Omega Level mutants will get smaller probably. and Omega Level Telepath has never been the same as Omega Level Mutant. Omega Level Telepath is more like Black Belt in Telepathy.
    When Thanos invaded earth in Hickman's run and attacked the Jean Grey school with his order, Iceman, Rachel, Storm were there fighting off the invaders, and they only referred to Iceman as Omega mutant.

IMO, Jean, Rachel, Quentin are only Omegas for being ideal Phoenix hosts, not by themselves alone (they arent stronger than Exodus)
    If it is how Hickman gonna use Omega, well it is allright I guess.

I would rather not use it, because it becomes a mess. But if Hickman solves it, allright then

Hickman loves to order things in a methodical and systematic way so I think he can make a system that does not generate ambiguities.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They can be cool temporarily, but when they accumulate and never return to the previous level of power, an absurd arms race begins.
    Eh, Logan always go back to his base powers, the only consistent upgrade that he has is his healling factor, that has become increasily powerfull since 95, any other upgrade is ignored or not talked about much.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, Logan always go back to his base powers, the only consistent upgrade that he has is his healling factor, that has become increasily powerfull since 95, any other upgrade is ignored or not talked about much.
    In the case of Hot Claws, that's a good thing. lol