Page 547 of 865 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 12974

Becky Cloonan will be signing her books at Gosh 25th of April.

I need your help then, should I get Demo? Is it in HC?

Incredible Member

Went to Emerald City Comic Con yesterday and Image Expo the day before. I had a blast. Picked up some convention exclusives. Met Brubaker, Remender, Murphy and the creative team of Wicked + Divine. They were gracious enough to sign my stuff. I really geeked out in front of Remender and Murphy. I regret nothing. I only had one day to spend at ECCC but I made it count. Definitely one of my favourite cons. I think I'll make it an annual trip.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Becky Cloonan will be signing her books at Gosh 25th of April.

I need your help then, should I get Demo? Is it in HC?
    Demo is good, but only available in SC as far as I know. There is a HC collection of some of her minicomics though, called "By Chance or Providence", that might be still available...

Edit: just checked, it seems to be OOP at the moment sadly

Awesome books there pud! Would be fantastic to catch all those guys on one con.

I got these ones today. Only Irmina (SelfMadeHero) in English...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Guy's, I'm excited! I don't usually buy enough books to post a haul pic but the last 6 weeks or so have been kinder to me than usual so I can fiiiiinally post one.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/I3eR7AA.jpg[/img

Pretty happy with this, C&D, Punisher MAX and God of Thunder are some of my most favourite books published by Marvel so I'm happy to get my hands on them.

Up until this point, the only Vertigo book I own was We3 so I'm happy to start checking out some more.

Oh, that Banana Shake book has a banana scented sticker on the front, though, that definitely wasn't the reason I bought it!
    Great haul. Spaceman is great. Just have to get used to the lingo... And I loved that PunisherMax too. Enjoy sniffing at your banana book, even though that's not why you got it... yeah right!
    Last edited by MartinNL; 04-08-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Wow, The Wicked +The Divine looks sick with white cover, mine has number 48. Art is great too, very stylish. I didn't really like Young Avengers, but didn't hate it either, it was just ok for me. I don't care if characters are gay/religous/whatever else as long as it serves the story.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Wow, The Wicked +The Divine looks sick with white cover, mine has number 48. Art is great too, very stylish. I didn't really like Young Avengers, but didn't hate it either, it was just ok for me. I don't care if characters are gay/religous/whatever else as long as it serves the story.
    I'm the same with YA so let me know what you think about W+D please.

Incredible Member

Got in the mail today, Moore's Kickstarter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm the same with YA so let me know what you think about W+D please.
    Just got mine in today. Read the first 2 issues and was pleasantly surprised. Didn't really go in with any expectations, so far so good. Also, its pretty thick for only being 11 issues, but the paper seems par for the course. Didn't really look at the extras yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    wasn't there some news a week or two go that Ellis's second story will get published the day the Vargr hc comes out?
    I have some Dynamite hc-s ,they are okay, nothing special, like DC or Marvel but their Archives are really good, old Marvel omnibus quality.
    Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it.

I generally avoid comic book news about books I'm interested in as they are so spoilerific.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Great haul. Spaceman is great. Just have to get used to the lingo... And I loved that PunisherMax too. Enjoy sniffing at your banana book, even though that's not why you got it... yeah right!
    You know, I was really enjoying Spaceman right up until the end, then it left me a little confused. I guess you're supposed to interpret it for yourself but I prefer more clean cut endings. The dialogue was a little jarring at first but I soon got used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhomba View Post
    What's living in the tank?
    I kind of inherited/adopted a couple of Leopard Geckos' in January. If I had know how much worry they'd have caused me, I would have gave a miss!

Recent purchases:

After having read so many war books and GNs, I craved for some good old-fashioned superhero books.

Btw, "La Tour" by Schuiten/Peeters: I wasn't aware of the fact that the protagonist was based on Orson Welles, let alone that he actually sat for them, as a model, when they made the book back in the early 80s. According to the interview in the back of the book, they were the last people to have worked with him before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Recent purchases:

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/LordJulius76/0084EA61-2868-49B7-9B79-6AC9B6CA4B8F_zps7l5mex1n.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/LordJulius76/94C92286-77F6-4186-A1A4-453C6FF71294_zpsjfynwjtp.jpg[/IMG

After having read so many war books and GNs, I craved for some good old-fashioned superhero books.

Btw, "La Tour" by Schuiten/Peeters: I wasn't aware of the fact that the protagonist was based on Orson Welles, let alone that he actually sat for them, as a model, when they made the book back in the early 80s. According to the interview in the back of the book, they were the last people to have worked with him before he died.
    Wow great haul. Those Schuiten books are awesome, though I still need to read Revoir Paris. Smoke/Ashes is fantastic, especially Smoke that had the perfect story/art combo.

Yeah, I've seriously fallen in love with their work. I could just gaze for hours at every single page of Schuiten's; such beautiful and elegant work, such a great sense of structure and composition.

I really enjoyed Smoke/Ashes, but like you I preferred Smoke. However, it's always great to see new interior artwork by Sienkiewicz.

In case anyone missed it, there will be new Metabarons material by Jodorowsky. Pre-order possibilities have appeared on amazon. What to expect:

There will be eight volumes in total (in French), but Humanoids seems to collect them in 4 European sized hardcovers. Which sounds perfect since each 2 volumes will have art by the same artist. Volume 2 will appear in June (in France). With the first slipcased edition in English planned for an October release.

The overall story is written by Jodorowsky, with scenario's by Jerry Frissen. The art will be by:

Vol. 1+2: Valentin Sécher (see some pages below)
    Vol. 3+4: Niko Henrichon (Noah and Pride of Baghdad)
    Vol. 5+6: Mukesh Singh (All-New Invaders)
    Vol. 7+8: Esau Ribic (Thor - God of Thunder, Secret Wars, Silver Surfer: Requiem)

Last edited by MartinNL; 04-09-2016 at 06:27 AM.