Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1462
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I know where they have all been, doesn't mean that's where they have to be. I hate they killed off Hector and even though it makes for a great Sandman story...i want Lyta back with the Infinitors or even more so the JSA. Likewise, the character trajectory they gave to Norda and BWJr was less than stellar. Yes, I know..I want to have my cake and eat it too. (And technically, only Hector was dying. Daniel brought them both into the Dreaming which Lyta accepted because of Hector's condition. It would not be difficult at all to bring them back into the "living" as it were.)
    While Brainwave Jr was my favorite Infinitor and I'm not fond of how the team was treated after their book ended, I'd rather not see the characters reset to where they were 35 years ago. Much better if they move the characters forewards from where they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Unless the original Infinitors are going to be folded into the JSA, I would rather see the Lost 13 become a new Young All-Stars. While I dont think it will happen, I would love to see Silver Scarab, Fury, Northwind, Nuklon, Brainwave, Jade and Obsidian showing up on a regular basis again.
    The original Infinity Inc folded into the JSA in the 90s. Wildcat, Doctor Midnight and Star Spangled Kid were killed off, and Power Girl, Nuklon (renamed Atom Smasher), Jade and Obsidian joined the main JSA, along with Star Spangled Kid's successor (who later became Stargirl). Silver Scarab (as Doctor Fate) and Fury also joined the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The original Infinity Inc folded into the JSA in the 90s. Wildcat, Doctor Midnight and Star Spangled Kid were killed off, and Power Girl, Nuklon (renamed Atom Smasher), Jade and Obsidian joined the main JSA, along with Star Spangled Kid's successor (who later became Stargirl). Silver Scarab (as Doctor Fate) and Fury also joined the team.
    I quibble with saying that Power Girl joined the main JSA.
    Power Girl was a Justice Society member years before Infinity Inc. first appeared, and even though she and Huntress did appear in the first Infinity Inc. arc, I never really thought of Power Girl as an Infinity Inc. member as much as a JSA member.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Power Girl was a Justice Society member years before Infinity Inc. first appeared, and even though she and Huntress did appear in the first Infinity Inc. arc, I never really thought of Power Girl as an Infinity Inc. member as much as a JSA member.
    Agreed. PG and The Huntress were used to boost some brand cred for Inf Inc in their first arc, and then went back to Metropolis and Gotham whilst the rest of Thomas' cast settled into LA.

I prefered much more the original Silver Scarab armor, than the reviewed simplified version above. I really liked the designs for the Infinity Inc members, though I think it was a mistake to ditch the masks.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    It's a nice but generic costume. Meanwhile you can't beat the original Dr Mid-Nite costume, just tweak it here and there to keep it current, as they did for Pieter. I hope this paves the way for his return. I miss his chats with Mr Terrific, and the work they did together as the brains trust.
    I like Beth in yellow and black. The character on Stargirl looks ridiculous (not really crazy about the TV version). I liked Pieter's costume, but don't think it would work as well for Beth. I agree the update is kinda generic/lacking in flair. But the 80s version wasn't great (McFarlane was never a great designer, IMHO).

Since tomorrow is the fourth Thursday in November, that means here in the U.S. it's a holiday.
    So,

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy belated Thanksgiving if you observe the Canadian celebration date?

Since tomorrow is the fourth Thursday in November, that means here in the U.S. it's a holiday.
    So,

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy belated Thanksgiving if you observe the Canadian celebration date?
    Love that issue, has one of my favorite comic scenes of all time

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Why did Jakeem think it was OK to swear when Jay had just told Bart off for saying "blows"?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why did Jakeem think it was OK to swear when Jay had just told Bart off for saying "blows"?
    In fairness I remember quite a number of times that Jay would yell at Jakeem not to swear. It’s possible Jakeem was just giving him the business.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Heh, you think he knew Jay would react that way? It certainly put a smile on Bart's face anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

The near photostat likenesses of Jay in both panels helps sell the gag. J'Onn's obviously suffering from Bwah-Ha-Hah flashbacks in this scene.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Language young man!

So I posted this in another thread and wanted to say the same here..

So I am just catching up on a few of the JSA threads around here (and I have wayyyyyyys to go and read) but I would like to say if you look around right now it is a very fun time to be a JSA fan. Multiple threads. More discussions, new readers. Film and tv (sad about Stargirl I know). Multiple comics coming out.

I dont know about you guys but I like what I see so far and that has been hard to say as a JSA fan for a very long time now.

The future looks bright. I hope it stays that way.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    So I posted this in another thread and wanted to say the same here..

So I am just catching up on a few of the JSA threads around here (and I have wayyyyyyys to go and read) but I would like to say if you look around right now it is a very fun time to be a JSA fan. Multiple threads. More discussions, new readers. Film and tv (sad about Stargirl I know). Multiple comics coming out.

I dont know about you guys but I like what I see so far and that has been hard to say as a JSA fan for a very long time now.

The future looks bright. I hope it stays that way.
    I just hope we've got more than a 12 issue maxiseries to look forward to.