Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I really hope this book doesn't end up cancelled either. My pull list right now resembles swiss cheese in that its full of holes from books that have either been cancelled (either because of low sales or because of a writer's whim) or ones that have gone through creative or other shake ups that make me not want to continue with them. It's no wonder really that I've started buying from more independent companies in recent months.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Solitaire popping up twice, shadowing both Artemis and Jason (just who is this guy? Is he a Luthor employer?) and the reveal that Artemis may have killed youknowho or actually let go a pre transformation Jack Ryder is great because that won`t go well. What more, no matter the choice, Luthor will be behind it and that`s a rather big implication since he was never behind either event before.
    I swear I saw him shadowing Biz as well.

With Luthor's deep involvement and manipulations, if there is no imminent change in the book's fate, I really hope this means the Outlaws are getting proper foes for their potential. Lobdell didn't think Black Mask much of a threat after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    As much as it pains me, New Super-Man / Chinese JL has been walking on thin ice for a while. Rumors of cancellation weren't new and, even if I didn't know the relaunch was going to be canceled, it doesn't surprise me either (but it makes me sad). We're not going to find official news on cancellations easily, but as far as I know, rumors usually start to run a bunch of issues before the actual last published solicit, and we get the creative team being changed (the penciler, mostly).

I mean, time will say, and I could be wrong. But I hope I'm not (please, please).
    A relaunch, it could be, but why not announcing it already? We're about to start a new event, and bunch of new / reformed books. It's the best time to do something like that and announce it officially.

(Please, don't be cancelled!)
    I used to enjoy NSM, but I got really bored with it since the the third arc. It's not really a great book, but it's definitely one of the few highlights from rebirth line which unfortunately was mostly medicore.

I don't remember there being any rumours about NSM cancellation actually. I only remember some fans being worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I used to enjoy NSM, but I got really bored with it since the the third arc. It's not really a great book, but it's definitely one of the few highlights from rebirth line which unfortunately was mostly medicore.

I don't remember there being any rumours about NSM cancellation actually. I only remember some fans being worried about it.
    I read like the first 8 issues or so and it was a nice, fun book, and more importantly: something new. I'm always supporting new books with new characters and new stories, so it saddens me that it's going to be canceled.

I think the first time I read rumors about cancellations was by issue 16's solicit or so. I think I read that in Reddit, but it could've be some other website / community. It wasn't here.

It also saddens me that Super Sons is not going to continue, another fun reading.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-09-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Kenan is a good new character and I hope DC will use him again.

Tried SS, didn't really like it beside the art. So, I don't care about it being cancelled because I got really bored of Jon and Damian character just keep regressing.

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed this issue today. Just like I have since rebirth. It would be a same if it ends so soon.

Mighty Member

Really nice issue. This is the first time I'm hearing worries about ending though. I really hope not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I swear I saw him shadowing Biz as well.

With Luthor's deep involvement and manipulations, if there is no imminent change in the book's fate, I really hope this means the Outlaws are getting proper foes for their potential. Lobdell didn't think Black Mask much of a threat after all.
    Yup there he is. His powers are just whack, I love it!

Luthor makes sense for global scale. Black Mask makes sense for Gotham and personal animosoty at this point.

BANNED

And is it me or was the Guile sommersault also used against the Tec Knights when Jay was cornered?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Really nice issue. This is the first time I'm hearing worries about ending though. I really hope not.
    I'd put money on the book making it all the way through 2018, but not most of 2019. With the exception of Batgirl, all the titles it sells better than will be gone by year's end and after that it's only a matter of time.

I am curious as to what the Jason stans here would like to see done with the character when he no longer has a solo as he has since the Nu52 started.
    Last edited by Assam; 05-10-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The book is not ending anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Jason stans
    Stans mean crazy fans, btw.

I always enjoy stories that have beginning, middle and end. So, I'm glad that Lobdell wrapping up his plot lines instead of building them up to nothing. So, I would be cool with it ending because it was a great run and if Lobdell decided to start a new chapter of this run after issue 25, I will give it a chance.

I'm not the kind of reader who want books to continue forever. I just care about the quality and I drop any book I don't enjoy even if it include my favourite. So, I won't start a war against DC if they decided to retire Jason. I would just simply move on and if I missed the character, I would simply reread their old stories.
    Last edited by Rise; 05-10-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I am curious as to what the Jason stans here would like to see done with the character when he no longer has a solo as he has since the Nu52 started.
    Personally I would actually like to see him finally get a real solo book, and if it is just for a year. Or instead some kind of big story as a mini series.

Appart from this DC will have anyway have to come up with some gimmick to push the sales off their books up again very soon. A lot of the mid sized books have now dropped below the the 30k mark, and even some of the big characters (like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern) have not such great numbers at the moment.

No Justice and Bendis will probably increase sales for the Justice League, Titans and Superman books, but they will need to do something for the rest.
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-10-2018 at 08:15 AM.

They can't do more than what already have been done. Relaunching time and time again will only give books temporary boost before their sales collapse worse than before.

Ameriacn comic industry has become IP farm since they failed in attracting new fans and the lack of new blood in the industry is really hurting them.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Stans mean crazy fans, btw.
    Oh, that's what it means? I thought it just means stand, as in, I'm standing behind this character. I'm supporting this character. I'm the one the character's standing on. XD