Page 131 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    You know I kind of thought Storm was cool in X3 and then after frequent re-watches I realized how much she SUCKS in it (I mean they all did but you know)
    My favorite things about X3 Storm are:

-her mood being reflected in the sky/clouds when she zones out, but then her eyes go white and she consciously makes it clear again

-this was the first movie that she really flew around in, not just hover

-she actually had the slightest indication of leadership(even if Logan took over at every important moment) and willful presence

-and as badly as Callisto was translated, she did have a specific rival/villain(definitely better than in this movie)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    It was ok. It's not great but I actually don't think it's the worst of the X-Men films. I liked this one more than X3 but I mean, that's not saying much. The audience reaction in my theater was for the most part silent, there were a few scenes where people gasped, some where they laughed when it wasn't supposed to be funny and during one particular "emotional" scene, one lady piped up with, "Holy shit, this bitch is crazy." so there was that. I don't know. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. It is what it is.
    Same here. I thought the script is what failed the film. It didn't give us the heft or character builds to make it compelling. I thought the fight scenes were fun, and I enjoyed the effects around Jean more than I thought I would. But I think Kinberg relied to heavily on his shitty X3 script and it showed. But I thought it was a great showing for Magneto, and one of the best showings for Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    The basic consensus I’ve seen people say is like yourself it was mediocre. I don’t agree with those saying it was worse then Origins because that was a dumpster fire I knew it couldn’t be that bad just some exaggeration just not enjoyable but meh. Though to some it actually may be the worse based on their personal taste.
    Oh no, it's nowhere near as bad as Origins was, not even close but it's also not particularly good either. It really was, in my opinion mediocre. I will say that the Scott/Jean relationship was more prevalent than in any other film but what we got of it felt more like, 'See guys? They're a couple because we're showing you they're a couple" but it felt unearned.

Kurt and Storm were woefully underused. Kurt had a slightly cool fight scene but poor Storm. The only "good" thing I can say is that, unlike another actress, Shipp was able to maintain that "accent" throughout the film. They just don't know what to do with her. She displayed powers other than lightning but it was definitely her go to and it wasn't as spectacular as it should have been. She got less to do than Kurt did.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Same here. I thought the script is what failed the film. It didn't give us the heft or character builds to make it compelling. I thought the fight scenes were fun, and I enjoyed the effects around Jean more than I thought I would. But I think Kinberg relied to heavily on his shitty X3 script and it showed. But I thought it was a great showing for Magneto, and one of the best showings for Cyclops.
    Oddly enough, the first half wasn't bad but it was the second and third act that left me kinda meh about it. Even the fight scenes for me weren't as exciting. I liked Kurt's little moment, the city fight felt super jumbled but at least Scott had something to do. There were definitely more than a few callbacks to X3 and more of the same with Xavier making bad choices which struck me as odd in this film. The characterization for Charles was so off, like, why was he such a bumbling, incompetent fool? There was a lot that just seemed wrong about it. I will say though, Sophie did a fantastic job with what she had, I liked her Jean Grey.

I just got back from the film and I have to say I enjoyed it. If you aren't a fan of the XCU already this one definitely won't change your mind, but I thought it was a solid entry. I thought the cast did a great job, especially Cyclops and Nightcrawler given how little development they had in Apocalypse. Turner did a good job of being the lead. As a film to end cap a franchise so to speak it was lacking, but I doubt Fox was sure where they would be when filming took place so I can't hold that against them. The fight scenes were great, some of the best of the series imho. Overall I'd give the film a B- or C+
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    My favorite things about X3 Storm are:

-her mood being reflected in the sky/clouds when she zones out, but then her eyes go white and she consciously makes it clear again

-this was the first movie that she really flew around in, not just hover

-she actually had the slightest indication of leadership(even if Logan took over at every important moment) and willful presence

-and as badly as Callisto was translated, she did have a specific rival/villain(definitely better than in this movie)
    yea I liked x3 better too. not sure why it is always trashed especially with apocalypse and now this movie. though I thought this was better than apocalypse.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    It was ok. It's not great but I actually don't think it's the worst of the X-Men films. I liked this one more than X3 but I mean, that's not saying much. The audience reaction in my theater was for the most part silent, there were a few scenes where people gasped, some where they laughed when it wasn't supposed to be funny and during one particular "emotional" scene, one lady piped up with, "Holy shit, this bitch is crazy." so there was that. I don't know. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. It is what it is.
    yea. I would say your last statement kinda summed up how I felt. it was meh to me. not, not good just meh.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    True facts ^^ Storm can attack from a distance I feel up close would be a last resort if she is powerless or she can’t strike from afar.
    a perfect storm to me would be one who adds both elements of h2h with usage of power. sure she doesnt technically have to get her hands dirty but in the event she does and thunder punch or a wind kick would be awesome to see.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea I liked x3 better too. not sure why it is always trashed especially with apocalypse and now this movie. though I thought this was better than apocalypse.
    I also liked x3 better than Apoc. X3 was a mess but it at least had a straight direction towards the mess. Apoc was everywhere and so unfocused.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I also liked x3 better than Apoc. X3 was a mess but it at least had a straight direction towards the mess. Apoc was everywhere and so unfocused.
    lolol I know I'm in the minority but x3 was entertaining to me. and agreed about apocalypse. that was a hot mess. not sure how anyone could find that movie good.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Now this was... shockingly bad. Boring and predictable, not even otherwise excellent actors could elevate it from mediocrity.

There was not a single line, character moment, fight or power display (the first big fight was very badly choreographed, and the less said about the train fight scenes in fast-forward, the better) that stood out for me. I also quickly realized the various trailers basically gave away the WHOLE movie: seriously, fill in the gaps with some sniveling and arguing and you get right to the final fight, admittedly the only part whose outcome was unknown.

Let me repeat it again: this was really bad. Nothing particularly offensive happens to be fair, but I'd rate this even below The Last Stand which at least offered some entertainment. With this one, I just couldn't wait for it to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    At least, you don't risk your life…

Ha, at least X-Men films are occasionally randomly good, unlike series such as Alien and Terminator that started with two good ones, and after that it's wall-to-wall shite and broken dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Slipping away from this mortal coil may or may not increase one's enjoyment of this, but I strongly discourage that tactic.
    Too late to tell that to Marvelmasters i guess.
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 06-07-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Ha, at least X-Men films are occasionally randomly good, unlike series such as Alien and Terminator that started with two good ones, and after that it's wall-to-wall shite and broken dreams.
    And Highlander fans look jealously at the Alien and Terminator franchises high success rate!