Page 90 of 230 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3441

Well sh*t.....maybe I'm gonna stick with this until issue 3 at least.

Not terribly surprised to see the JSA. This is about legacy and losing family? The JSA were the OG's, everybody's their legacy and family. Be missing out on a whole different perspective by ignoring them. I'd expect that from Didio-era DC but the current regime doesn't seem quite as limited. Though I *did* expect a JSA mini like what Young Justice is getting. I was wrong on that. Maybe when the event ends?

Love the lineup. Never cared much for Cyclone, but I guess movie synergy and she probably has her fans. Loving that PG is there, hopefully Karen gets to do something more than stand around in the background. And I'm always happy to see Atom Smasher, I'm actually a fan of the guy.

If we could get Amazing Man up in here, I'd be beyond thrilled.

And Courtney of course, but she seems like a given for any JSA title to me. Like, she's almost as guaranteed to be there as Allan.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

JSA are in Dark Crisis #3
    Atom smasher looks like an absolute unit.

Mixed feelings about this. On one hand I’m super happy to see the JSA return. On the other hand the lineup leaves a lot to be desired (for me at least).

I hate Jade as a character (she cheated on Kyle!) and we really don’t need yet another Green Lantern. Yeah I know she embodies the Starheart but it’s basically the same thing.

So many better JSAers than Yolanda. Sandman, Amazing Man, Captain/Citizen Steel, etc. etc. etc.

And holy crap does Khalid need a new costume.

But Atom Smasher looks pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Mixed feelings about this. On one hand I’m super happy to see the JSA return. On the other hand the lineup leaves a lot to be desired (for me at least).

I hate Jade as a character (she cheated on Kyle!) and we really don’t need yet another Green Lantern. Yeah I know she embodies the Starheart but it’s basically the same thing.

So many better JSAers than Yolanda. Sandman, Amazing Man, Captain/Citizen Steel, etc. etc. etc.

And holy crap does Khalid need a new costume.

But Atom Smasher looks pretty awesome!

Hopefully this is just the start. I would love to see Sandman or Sand
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That generation is stuck in time. Few more years and Damian will be older than Tim, same for Jon and Conner probably.
    They should at least be in college by now.

Everytime they try to give the YJ generation some growth it doesn't work, then they try to change things back to the way they are and it's also awkward.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I also worry with big groups like the JSA that just not all the characters will get their due on a team of that size. Especially in a event of this nature which already has a large cast. Hopefully Johns JSA book gets announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hopefully Johns JSA book gets announced soon.
    Is Johns writing it or has he written one for the future? I would love that. His writing is not what it once was but I loved his JSA run back in the day.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Is this third or fourth time that JSA has "returned" since Rebirth one-shot?

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Is Johns writing it or has he written one for the future? I would love that. His writing is not what it once was but I loved his JSA run back in the day.
    Haven't heard a thing about a JSA project since Hitch's book failed to launch.

Johns' first JSA run was the stuff of legend it was so good, but I wasn't crazy impressed by his second series. It wasn't bad, it just lacked the spark of the first. I'm not crazy thrilled by the idea of him doing a third. Rather have someone else with a fresh voice and vision.

Not that I'll complain too much if a Johns JSA *does* happen. Getting the JSA back on the shelf? Whatever it takes. And at his worst, Johns is still a solid JSA scribe. But I think we'd be better served by a different creator.

I'm assuming that a hypothetical JSA roster would include people who aren't on that splash page. Sandman and Stargirl at least. But even if the roster is exactly what we're seeing here it's not bad, just missing a few folks we think of as JSA staples.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Johns is arguably the best modern JSA writer but if he is on the next book we’ll be lucky to get 4 issues a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Haven't heard a thing about a JSA project since Hitch's book failed to launch.

Johns' first JSA run was the stuff of legend it was so good, but I wasn't crazy impressed by his second series. It wasn't bad, it just lacked the spark of the first. I'm not crazy thrilled by the idea of him doing a third. Rather have someone else with a fresh voice and vision.

Not that I'll complain too much if a Johns JSA *does* happen. Getting the JSA back on the shelf? Whatever it takes. And at his worst, Johns is still a solid JSA scribe. But I think we'd be better served by a different creator.

I'm assuming that a hypothetical JSA roster would include people who aren't on that splash page. Sandman and Stargirl at least. But even if the roster is exactly what we're seeing here it's not bad, just missing a few folks we think of as JSA staples.
    Flash and Jesse Quick too - who are only absent due to events in The Flash.

I wonder if Courtney's going to end up appearing in the Young Justice mini then, helping Wonder Girl, Arrowette and Red Tornado in their search for Robin, Superboy and Impulse? The team did try to recruit her very early on - she'd already joined the JSA so turned them down - and she had a crossover with Impulse, in which Max Mercury and Pat Dugan had to deal with each other's mentees for a day, so she does have a link, however minor, to Young Justice. I can't think of any other reason she'd be missing from the JSA. She wasn't at Titans Academy (though Jakeem was, and he still turned up on that splash page!), nor is she on Jon's new Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if Courtney's going to end up appearing in the Young Justice mini then
    I was wondering that too.

Courtney's absence is quite conspicuous, especially with people like Beth and Yolanda included here, who haven't been used in the comics for years but are appearing on Stargirl.

Honestly, once the Event wraps up I'm hoping to see some new team titles with roster shakeups. As much as I love the classic rosters for groups like the League, JSA, Titans, and YJ, I think they all need a roster shakeup on one level or another.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Is this third or fourth time that JSA has "returned" since Rebirth one-shot?
    Doomsday Clock...Justice League Incarnate...this...I might be missing one.

Not JLI, it was the Infinite Frontier mini before that. Stargirl Spring Break Special is the other one you're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I was wondering that too.

Courtney's absence is quite conspicuous, especially with people like Beth and Yolanda included here, who haven't been used in the comics for years but are appearing on Stargirl.

Honestly, once the Event wraps up I'm hoping to see some new team titles with roster shakeups. As much as I love the classic rosters for groups like the League, JSA, Titans, and YJ, I think they all need a roster shakeup on one level or another.
    Well, aren't all DC team books except for YJ and Multiversity: Teen Justice currently not being published? And those are both only minis. So I'd definitely expect to see two teen books (Titans and either YJ as an ongoing or Teen Titans), two Justice League books (either one with the classic heroes and one with legacies, or one with a mixture + Dark), JSA, and Suicide Squad to launch after the event. I assume details will be revealed at DC Fandome 3, or in the January solicits - both should be in October.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-01-2022 at 01:41 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, aren't all DC team books except for YJ and Multiversity: Teen Justice currently not being published? And those are both only minis. So I'd definitely expect to see two teen books (Titans and either YJ as an ongoing or Teen Titans), two Justice League books (either one with the classic heroes and one with legacies, or one with a mixture + Dark), JSA, and Suicide Squad to launch after the event. I assume details will be revealed at DC Famdome 3, or in the January solicits - both should be in October.
    Yeah, just a couple team mini's right now, but we all know that'll change once the Crisis ends.

After the event, I'm mostly expecting the same books you are. No doubt there'll be a Big 7 League title, and we're certainly getting some kind of team book with the Future Staters. Not sure if they'll call themselves a "League" or not, and I expect to see Dick and Wally on the roster, but it'll be some flavor of "legacy JLA."

I don't think we'll get two teen books. I think we'll get a single book which'll likely be a fusion of Titans like Damian and Young Justice kids like Conner, maybe with heroes like Stargirl or the Wonder Twins who weren't tied to teen teams before.

JSA....I won't be surprised if it happens, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't. This Event seems like the perfect launch pad for a new JSA title, so if it's gonna happen at all it'll happen in the shadow of Dark Crisis. But I won't totally believe it until the first issue is in my hands.

And there's no chance the Squad won't be back. I'm more confident we'll have a new Suicide Squad book than I am anything else here.

I figure some of these books might go by different names. Maybe the teen team will become Young Titans or something. Maybe the Legacy JLA will call themselves the Justice Legion instead of the Justice League. I figure rosters are gonna get shaken up somewhat. But four-five team books seems like the most we could reasonably expect from DC these days. More than that and they'd have to start cutting out Bat books, and we know that ain't happening! And even four or five team books, including the likes of the JSA, seems optimistic to me. Given the way DC's been going, it's entirely possible we'll get one or two team books at most (which'll just be putting JLA and Squad back on the shelf), with guys like the JSA, YJ, and TT returning to limbo.

~ Black Panther.