Page 212 of 313 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

Doom War presumbaly set in the near future, after all of that. Damian was still Robin there. Just to say (I found out recently).
    Anyway, I don't believe all of this will last long, maybe until January-February. Especially with recent layoffs and new editors. And if Damian will be Robin in Gotham Knights, against the background of this, they clearly will not make him a villain or too cruel anti-hero in comics. So, really, I just don't care what's happening in TT now, it's just not that important with all what's going on.

Spectacular Member

How was Bruce and Damian's confrontation? Did Damian explain why he is doing any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I agree. It's pretty possible Bruce and Damian end up resolving their difference in Detective Comics by Tomasi.

Now, it is possible Tim will still be Drake in the Robin suit, then Damian will still be the only Robin.
    It'd require more than an issue or two for that to happen. And it'd require Batman to admit openly that he was wrong about a lot of things he did -or didn't - and I can't see that happening any time soon. Which is a shame because the characters badly needs this and I'm one of the few who really like Damian going away from his father and the al'Ghul both, to carve out his own destiny.

And considering that Tomasi committed Supersons, I'd rather he not touch Damian again, but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    How was Bruce and Damian's confrontation? Did Damian explain why he is doing any of this?
    It was just a end tease in 44. Attempts at an explanation would presumably be next issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Just read Teen Titans issue 44.
    Anyone else and their thoughts on the issue?
    Not surprising considering the current run. Comics Damian is a terrible leader and frankly, his team didn't bother call him out. Well, Roundhouse tried, but went about things in the worst way possible.

I've seen fans criticize Beast Boy and Raven in the previous TT run because they called out Damian, but they were 100% right. Except for Roundhouse and maybe Kid Flash(who always talks about morality, but never takes steps to stop teammates from crossing the line), they were all okay with Damian's shadiness until they suddenly decided they weren't and tried to blame him for everything. Damian SHOULD shoulder most of the blame, but this roster enabled him by going along with his stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Not surprising considering the current run. Comics Damian is a terrible leader and frankly, his team didn't bother call him out. Well, Roundhouse tried, but went about things in the worst way possible.

I've seen fans criticize Beast Boy and Raven in the previous TT run because they called out Damian, but they were 100% right. Except for Roundhouse and maybe Kid Flash(who always talks about morality, but never takes steps to stop teammates from crossing the line), they were all okay with Damian's shadiness until they suddenly decided they weren't and tried to blame him for everything. Damian SHOULD shoulder most of the blame, but this roster enabled him by going along with his stupidity.
    Just by joining a team that had Damian as leader Kid Flash was a making an unforgivable mistake and gave a false impression of to what degree Damian can be reasoned. If Wallace doesn't know better already, he can't expect the others too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Just by joining a team that had Damian as leader Kid Flash was a making an unforgivable mistake and gave a false impression of to what degree Damian can be reasoned. If Wallace doesn't know better already, he can't expect the others too.
    I find it funny that Team Defiance for all their mental issues and amorality treated Kid Flash better than Damian EVER did.

Damian never pretended to be a nurturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm one of the few who really like Damian going away from his father and the al'Ghul both, to carve out his own destiny.
    You're not though. You're just one of the few people who thinks this is the only way to do it. I have no problem with him and Bruce staying estranged for a while but he doesn't have to go down this unnecessarily and misguided edgehole to do it. It's not moving away from Bruce and the Al-Ghuls. It's just making him more of an Al-Ghul, like he was when he first came onto the scene.

And considering that Tomasi committed Supersons, I'd rather he not touch Damian again, but alas...
    And that's exactly why I need Tomasi back. He and Gleason are some of the only writers who acknowledge that Damian's development and realize that there's more to him than the perpetually angry Robin with Daddy issues....which makes sense since they wrote like half of said development. Even in Super Sons, the only misstep that I think Tomasi took was towards the VERY end of that little chapter in Damian's life. And I can't even remember exactly what that misstep was.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I find it funny that Team Defiance for all their mental issues and amorality treated Kid Flash better than Damian EVER did.
    That's because KF was a whiny little bitch all throughout Percy's run. That's part of the reason I still hate him now.

Of all the bad decisions Damian made as leader, I still never understand why they made him feel like the one that needed to apologize after that whole firing situation. He was right!
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-18-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Of all the bad decisions Damian made as leader, I still never understand why they made him feel like the one that needed to apologize after that whole firing situation. He was right!
    Being ready to let each and every single one of one of the Titans and Teen Titans save Raven be lost in the Speedforce in order to be rid of Deathstroke was a bit of dick move. He was walking away from the situation outright when Aqualad just happened to show up in time to stop him. The way he comforted Raven afterwards shows his extreme characterisation was played for laughs, but if you have over a dozen characters in a comic written seriously and just one whose words and deeds can't be taken as is, that character has the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Being ready to let each and every single one of one of the Titans and Teen Titans save Raven be lost in the Speedforce in order to be rid of Deathstroke was a bit of dick move. He was walking away from the situation outright when Aqualad just happened to show up in time to stop him. The way he comforted Raven afterwards shows his extreme characterisation was played for laughs, but if you have over a dozen characters in a comic written seriously and just one whose words and deeds can't be taken as is, that character has the problem.
    Oh yeah, that was bad, no doubt. And I have almost as many issues with Damian in that run than I do with Wallace...almost.

But that's not the apology they wanted from him. No. It was specifically making him apologize for letting Wallace go. To which he should have responded by firing Gar too. Because he was the other one on that team who wouldn't. Stop. Complaining. About. Everything. Granted, he had much more of a reason to, given how horribly he's been treated by the New 52 AND Rebirth. But that's a rant for another day.

Point I'm trying to make is, that crossover was terrible and it definitely wasn't Damian's shining moment as leader of the Titans. But firing Wallace was not one of the many mistakes he made, and only led to a trend, that's still going, where everyone loves to make Damian the bad guy.

Astonishing Member

You're not though. You're just one of the few people who thinks this is the only way to do it. I have no problem with him and Bruce staying estranged for a while but he doesn't have to go down this unnecessarily and misguided edgehole to do it. It's not moving away from Bruce and the Al-Ghuls. It's just making him more of an Al-Ghul, like he was when he first came onto the scene.

And that's exactly why I need Tomasi back. He and Gleason are some of the only writers who acknowledge that Damian's development and realize that there's more to him than the perpetually angry Robin with Daddy issues....which makes sense since they wrote like half of said development. Even in Super Sons, the only misstep that I think Tomasi took was towards the VERY end of that little chapter in Damian's life. And I can't even remember exactly what that misstep was.

That's because KF was a whiny little bitch all throughout Percy's run. That's part of the reason I still hate him now.

If I remember correctly, the other characters on the team(except maybe Aqualad who was written as Damian's yes man) didn't want Kid Flash to be kicked off, so they had nothing to apologize for.

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah, that was bad, no doubt. And I have almost as many issues with Damian in that run than I do with Wallace...almost.

But that's not the apology they wanted from him. No. It was specifically making him apologize for letting Wallace go. To which he should have responded by firing Gar too. Because he was the other one on that team who wouldn't. Stop. Complaining. About. Everything. Granted, he had much more of a reason to, given how horribly he's been treated by the New 52 AND Rebirth. But that's a rant for another day.

Point I'm trying to make is, that crossover was terrible and it definitely wasn't Damian's shining moment as leader of the Titans. But firing Wallace was not one of the many mistakes he made, and only led to a trend, that's still going, where everyone loves to make Damian the bad guy.
    Beast Boy was right to call out Damian 90% of the time during that run.

Astonishing Member

They wrote him as a bad leader, that's a fact, unfortunately.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

was the Siegel and Shuster school in Super Sons the first school Damian actually attend?