Page 404 of 613 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea i agree with that part but I'm talking about emma jean and ororo. it seems they are having a convo on krakoa before fantomex ororo and team goes to the world:

I guess we'll have to see the context of it but I just thought they were the same scene

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess we'll have to see the context of it but I just thought they were the same scene
    yea im guessing but that pond and the grass seats seem more krakoan in aesthetic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I dunno considering these are artist colabs as well and dautterman wants to write about storm (wich was the reason why nightcrawler was a mess because alan davis drew what he wanted and why we had a silent issue) and that this is the actual intention for this mini and it releases right as the event starts.
    So im not necessarly going to be negative just yet from a preview where ororo is clearly taking charge and center piece.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    This. It's so unrealistic that Emma says **** and barely anyone ever puts her in check back.
    There's a reason she's so popular among some fans. She's a bitchy blond white woman who tends to fail upwards and rarely gets put in her place. People either wish to be like that in real life or just find characters like that enjoyable.

It's not that different from Doom. A story will bend over backwards to make sure he comes out on top and doesn't face consequences for the dumb **** he does and fans will applaud. It's unrealistic but there's definitely an audience for those types of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    There's a reason she's so popular among some fans. She's a bitchy blond white woman who tends to fail upwards and rarely gets put in her place. People either wish to be like that in real life or just find characters like that enjoyable.

It's not that different from Doom. A story will bend over backwards to make sure he comes out on top and doesn't face consequences for the dumb **** he does and fans will applaud. It's unrealistic but there's definitely an audience for those types of characters.
    this is fine but it gets a bit tiresome seeing your fave who also has a very slick mouth being chumped by emma. that's why I did appreciate Duggan showing her getting slapped in face.

beautiful!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-21-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

this is fine but it gets a bit tiresome seeing your fave who also has a very slick mouth being chumped by emma. that's why I did appreciate Duggan showing her getting slapped in face.
    I agree, I'm just pointing out that's the concept behind Emma and how she works as a character (at least on some level). The best way to stop Ororo from looking like the overly combative black woman whenever she's around is for either Emma to tone down the rudeness or for the two of them to not interact.

The second isn't likely since they're on the same book and have similar roles but I think over the course of Marauders we'll see them develop some kind of understanding. Emma won't be as bitchy and jealous towards Ororo and Ororo will come to finally accept Emma as part of the X-Men. Maybe there'll still be tension here and there but I think the endgame is for them to let go of past baggage.

I agree, I'm just pointing out that's the concept behind Emma and how she works as a character (at least on some level). The best way to stop Ororo from looking like the overly combative black woman whenever she's around is for either Emma to tone down the rudeness or for the two of them to not interact.

The second isn't likely since they're on the same book and have similar roles but I think over the course of Marauders we'll see them develop some kind of understanding. Emma won't be as bitchy and jealous towards Ororo and Ororo will come to finally accept Emma as part of the X-Men. Maybe there'll still be tension here and there but I think the endgame is for them to let go of past baggage.
    fair point. I ask this question already having my thoughts but why is emma seemingly more bitchy when it comes to Ororo? like I get she is bitchy but there seems to be more of an effort on her part to be over the top with it when it's directed at Ororo.

fair point. I ask this question already having my thoughts but why is emma seemingly more bitchy when it comes to Ororo? like I get she is bitchy but there seems to be more of an effort on her part to be over the top with it when it's directed at Ororo.
    Emma is definitely a walking microaggression, but the X-Men not ready for that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Emma is definitely a walking microaggression, but the X-Men not ready for that conversation.
    oooohh can you please go on with this point! let's have this conversation lol

Is she actually bitchier to Emma or do you feel you notice it more bc you are a fan? I kinda feel like her mentality is anyone can get it. As a Jean, Ive definitely notice her be unnecessarily bitchy about her even in death

oooohh can you please go on with this point! let's have this conversation lol
    Lol I'm curious about this too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I dunno considering these are artist colabs as well and dautterman wants to write about storm (wich was the reason why nightcrawler was a mess because alan davis drew what he wanted and why we had a silent issue) and that this is the actual intention for this mini and it releases right as the event starts.
    So im not necessarly going to be negative just yet from a preview where ororo is clearly taking charge and center piece.
    Good to see that someone in this threads makes SENSE!!

Astonishing Member

Probably an undertone of jealously coupled with internalized bigotry owing to her upbringing. Storm is the embodiment of pretty much everything Emma wants as a hero and champion for her people. Attractive, powerful, the respect and trust of everyone she knows, and the background of someone that's lived a full life (rags to riches).

Emma wants to be Ororo and has a dual superiority and inferiority complex towards her so she takes it out on her with verbal jabs because she knows deep down Storm is such a good person she won't kill her for talking so crazy lol. The fact that she's black and "exotic" probably adds an extra element of fascination/irritation at everything Storm represents. But it's important to point out that Storm isn't the only character who deals with this, since Jean has arguably gotten it much worse from Emma because you see the same jealousy just in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    As much as people love to go in on Tony and Reed Richards for the problematic nature of their portrayals, white females like Emma get to skirt by in those conversations. If she was a man a lot more would be made of the things she's done and said to Ororo and frankly to many other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is she actually bitchier to Emma or do you feel you notice it more bc you are a fan? I kinda feel like her mentality is anyone can get it. As a Jean, Ive definitely notice her be unnecessarily bitchy about her even in death
    I'm definitely notice what happens to ororo more but even when you look in the hickman era, both women have been playing nice. emma and jean are practically in a relationship together and sharing men. emma interaction with ororo mostly has been the same which is nice nasty, with emphasis on nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Lol I'm curious about this too.
    right lol

BANNED

Probably an undertone of jealously coupled with internalized bigotry owing to her upbringing. Storm is the embodiment of pretty much everything Emma wants as a hero and champion for her people. Attractive, powerful, the respect and trust of everyone she knows, and the background of someone that's lived a full life (rags to riches).

Emma wants to be Ororo and has a dual superiority and inferiority complex towards her so she takes it out on her with verbal jabs because she knows deep down Storm is such a good person she won't kill her for talking so crazy lol. The fact that she's black and "exotic" probably adds an extra element of fascination/irritation at everything Storm represents. But it's important to point out that Storm isn't the only character who deals with this, since Jean has arguably gotten it much worse from Emma because you see the same jealousy just in different ways.

As much as people love to go in on Tony and Reed Richards for the problematic nature of their portrayals, white females like Emma get to skirt by in those conversations. If she was a man a lot more would be made of the things she's done and said to Ororo and frankly to many other characters.
    I would immensely love to see a story arc where Emma goes on a desperate personal mission to telepathically seduce T'Challa because she feels its the only way she can get even for Ororo properly "pimp-slapping" her.