Page 152 of 233 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3481

Oh don't get me wrong, a game where you get to play as the fam is absolutely awesome, even if Bruce is the guy who comes back at the end and steals the spotlight in the final bit. Personally I think the final boss will be Talon-ized Batman and you'll save him, but be playing as the fam through the whole thing.

Maybe after you complete the campaign you can unlock Batman then for replay value or something, who knows? But it's a damn good thing either way.

That Ross cover is looking sweet too. Seems like we have another Titans reunion title on the way.

An focus in Justice League, a return in the comics, prominent focus in a video game, and star of 2 TV shows. Things have definitely been worse for Dick, as we have been reminded of very recently. Things are looking up!
    Yeah, seems like we actually have reason to be a little happy, maybe even a little hopeful! Seems like all that is left is to get a good creative team on the solo book and Dick will actually appear as if DC.....respects....him?!?!

And not to #humblebrags here, but I've been saying we'd see a change in the tide like this; Dick's too popular and successful to be abused forever.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-23-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hey man, they also said Superman was a key player in Batman v Superman: Dawn of 42 Lines.

But yeah, it's not called Gotham Knights. It's Batman: Gotham Knights. It's a new continuity. He's going to be in there somewhere. Hopefully he's not combat-ready and the Bat Family have to resolve the entire plot on their own. It'd be a really bad look for all four of them to not be able to measure up.

But then Bad Blood kind of did that with Dick and Damian, so who knows?
    Is it called Batman: Gotham Knights? I know that was the rumor but it seems like the title is just "Gotham Knights."

I'm kind of expecting a playable Batman but I'm not sure how it would work since it seems like it would be difficult to implement him into the core game mechanics even if it's later in the game and would work against what they're promoting with the story thematically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Good news, that game - even if its not very good, that's four characters who could really benefit from that kind of boost in the more mainstream eye.

One thing I'm not sure on, and this might be my lack of knowledge of This Type Of Game, but is the idea that the single player campaign can be run through as any of the four characters, switching at any time? Or that there's a plot which involves playing as different characters in different areas?

Both could be fun, but the latter sort of puts a capstone on the level of specific character development you can get.
    There's a single player, so I'm not sure if the game forces you to switch characters at certain points or if the devs are just expecting players will want to switch between the different members while playing.

Mighty Member

I am hope. Bringer of awesomeness.

Dick looking like a daddy in the game. Mwah! He is an airbender and is more acrobatic than Batman in the past games. Mwah! I can play him the whole game and kick his great grandfather's ass (and Batman's ass hopefully). Mwah!

Reeves is another universe with the goal of expanding the mythos unlike Nolan. Year Two Batman means the next movie is Year Three or the year the Dynamic Duo is formed. HBO Gotham is Year One tells me Reeves has a long term plan. His favorite Batman stories are The Long Halloween and Dark Victory says alot. The movie is heavily inspired by The Long Holloween, the mobs and the genesis of Gotham's era of supervilllains. I love it. I really love it.

Titans is still focused on Nightwing. Bring on more Gotham. But those poor Titans comic fans. I can't wait for the LIVE-ACTION DICK AND BABS SINCE THE 60'S. I can't also wait for Under the Red Hood but Batman is replaced by Nightwing. It would be fun.

NOT TO MENTION WE STILL GOT MORE UPCOMING SEPTEMBER. Comics, Young Justice, etc. I NEED THAT SNYDER DICK GRAYSON STORY DC!!!

Edit: I don't even care if Batman becames playable because I love Batman. I just like Nightwing a lot more. It's frickin' open world Nightwing game. I have been dreaming about it for two decades.
    Last edited by yohyoi; 08-23-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it called Batman: Gotham Knights? I know that was the rumor but it seems like the title is just "Gotham Knights."
    It's called just Gotham Knights, no Batman in the title.

https://www.gothamknightsgame.com/

Justice League #57 Doom Metal variant cover by Philip Tan

Spectacular Member

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...222976/photo/1

So somethings definately coming at the next Fandome session.
    I am so psyched! Love Alex Ross' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Justice League #57 Doom Metal variant cover by Philip Tan

Long hair always seems to suit Dick the most, don't you think ?

Spectacular Member

Batman Beyond #46 Preview, featuring Dick, Damian, Terry, and Elainna Grayson.

https://www.cbr.com/batman-beyond-46/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm kind of expecting a playable Batman but I'm not sure how it would work since it seems like it would be difficult to implement him into the core game mechanics even if it's later in the game and would work against what they're promoting with the story thematically.

There's a single player, so I'm not sure if the game forces you to switch characters at certain points or if the devs are just expecting players will want to switch between the different members while playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's called just Gotham Knights, no Batman in the title.

https://www.gothamknightsgame.com/
    GLAD to be wrong!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...222976/photo/1

So somethings definately coming at the next Fandome session.
    Is this the first time Ross has drawn the NTT line up? Usually he focuses only on the Silver Age Titans.

...Dare I hope for a Justice style series based around the NTT?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Is this the first time Ross has drawn the NTT line up? Usually he focuses only on the Silver Age Titans.

I would love that, especially if DC is placing more focus on out of continuity graphic novels.

I've been a sucker for Ross' stuff since Kingdom Come.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Don't put ideas in my head that we can't have.

So far I think he's teased NTT and GL, both of which are DC series currently in production (Titans, the HBO MAX GL show) so maybe he's just doing promo and hyping up the TV arm of Fandome next month. I wanna be wrong. I need that NTT in my veins post haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Don't put ideas in my head that we can't have.

So far I think he's teased NTT and GL, both of which are DC series currently in production (Titans, the HBO MAX GL show) so maybe he's just doing promo and hyping up the TV arm of Fandome next month. I wanna be wrong. I need that NTT in my veins post haste.
    I feel like if it was a promo for the Titans tv show, they'd be using the tv cast and costumes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Another variant from Issue #57.