Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Not sure Maw matters much here tbh. His TK never handled someone or something as big as Optimus let alone the giant dinobots. A billboard was the biggest thing he affected right? He's a glass cannon in comparison to the Thanos and Cull and will get gunned down imo.

Thanos and Cull are gonna be carrying the team here.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Dude watch the movie his forearm is cauterized yeah his hand is in another place that's effectively cut -off lol. 1000 degrees celsius energon axe is gonna do the same thing. Maw was blasted into space he couldn't survive in space well he also has no feats of surviving direct hits from artillery. He got his head lumped by a piece of debris Strange flung at him imagine what a missile would do.
    You don't seem to understand the difference between a portal separating someone from their limb, and having a limb cut off.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You don't seem to understand the difference between a portal separating someone from their limb, and having a limb cut off.
    A portal seems a fair bit different from say, a lightsaber, yeah imo.

Anyways, MCU established its bladed weapons as being forces of nature when compared to blunt trauma or energy weapons early and often.

I dont think Thanos has compartmentalized durability so much as MCU just has reeeaaally sharp ****. Sif's sword cut the Destroyer Armor. Gamora split that gun proof monster open with her sword in the beginning of Guardians 2. Etc
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Not sure Maw matters much here tbh. His TK never handled someone or something as big as Optimus let alone the giant dinobots. A billboard was the biggest thing he affected right? He's a glass cannon in comparison to the Thanos and Cull and will get gunned down imo.

Thanos and Cull are gonna be carrying the team here.
    Yeah, no. Maw was doing stiff like flinging cars and Cull around with ease, effortlessly ripping a car in half, whipping out multiple long tendrils of stone, creating dozens of projectiles, and in case you missed just how powerful this guy is, he was holding freaking Thor casually at the very beginning of the movie. You honestly think a guy who can hold Thor casually isn't just ripping the Autobots apart? Sorry, Maw is the second most dangerous one here.

Btw, I forgot this, but Cull also has a shield that reflects Iron Man's energy rays.

I stand by my earlier assessment. The best case scenario for the Autobots is that they are screwed figuratively.

Cars are tiny in comparison to the robots we have here. Optimus dwarfs any car and cull. So no I'm not hand waving him affecting much bigger heavier objects.

The Thor he tied up was beat to ****. And he held down Thor with bits of metal. Any Thor worth anything should be able to just bust through that metal like nothing. Not buying it as any sort of decent Thor.

I'll alsp note that when his spikes got redirected, Maw couldn't even just stop em cold, but had to put a car as cover and got a spike to glance off his head. Giant bullets that Autobots shoot will annihilate him.

Extraordinary Member

Dude you're definitely in Drax mode. This isn't hard to understand try to think a little less literally DAMN....

Extraordinary Member

Cars are tiny in comparison to the robots we have here. Optimus dwarfs any car and cull. So no I'm not hand waving him affecting much bigger heavier objects.

The Thor he tied up was beat to ****. And he held down Thor with bits of metal. Any Thor worth anything should be able to just bust through that metal like nothing. Not buying it as any sort of decent Thor.

I'll alsp note that when his spikes got redirected, Maw couldn't even just stop em cold, but had to put a car as cover and got a spike to glance off his head. Giant bullets that Autobots shoot will annihilate him.
    Yes very good points.

Optimus and the rest of the Autobots literally transform *into* cars and retain the same mass, so that argument really doesn't hold water. The dinobots are only, what, 2 or 3 times the mass of your everage Transformer?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Optimus and the rest of the Autobots literally transform *into* cars and retain the same mass, so that argument really doesn't hold water. The dinobots are only, what, 2 or 3 times the mass of your everage Transformer?
    Thinking weight is going to be a big factor here. What was the heaviest thing Maw lifted? Also the Autobots aren't inanimate objects to just toss around with no resistance. Like was said before he couldn't even stop his redirected spikes cold.

Dude you're definitely in Drax mode. This isn't hard to understand try to think a little less literally DAMN....
    C'mon man. We don't need to go there. We are all just having a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Optimus looked like a regular dude compared to a regular T-rex compared to that Dinobot. They are (or he is at least) considerably more than 3x an autobot imo.

Not that any of this Maw talk matters when Thanos is still on the team.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

People. Thanos solos. If fighting competently.

Let it die.

Oh look argumentum ad hominem. Your not bothering to justify your position beyond attacking others, aside ... you're still not seeming to understand it, yourself. So let's try to simplify:

I take a lightsaber, and chop Anakin Skywalker's legs off. He falls to the floor screaming about how much he hates me -- as do his legs. Easy enough to follow so far right ? Right. After all, I have used a plasma weapon to chop his legs off.

Now take the same scenario -- me posturing about having the high ground, with Anakin doubting my power -- only instead, I simply open a portal and step though to leave. Anakin, not wanting to let me escape because I disagree with his choice to murder a bunch of children, follows, only the portal closes before he's all the way through. I have not chopped his arm off, I haven't even touched him. All that has happened is that his arm is now in a place that is not where the rest of him is. There was no heat, no severing, no cutting action that resulted in the loss of his arm. No reason why durability is relevant. He attempted to be in two spaces at once, and the laws or reality said, "that is not how this works".

Do you see the difference ?

(you don't need to answer this).

Because frankly, if you don't, it's irrelevant. You're still wrong.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

I'm thinking that if a sufficiently durable individual such as yourself gave this a go, the portal would be unable to close.

Extraordinary Member

Oh look argumentum ad hominem. Your not bothering to justify your position beyond attacking others, aside ... you're still not seeming to understand it, yourself. So let's try to simplify:

I take a lightsaber, and chop Anakin Skywalker's legs off. He falls to the floor screaming about how much he hates me -- as do his legs. Easy enough to follow so far right ? Right. After all, I have used a plasma weapon to chop his legs off.

Now take the same scenario -- me posturing about having the high ground, with Anakin doubting my power -- only instead, I simply open a portal and step though to leave. Anakin, not wanting to let me escape because I disagree with his choice to murder a bunch of children, follows, only the portal closes before he's all the way through. I have not chopped his arm off, I haven't even touched him. All that has happened is that his arm is now in a place that is not where the rest of him is. There was no heat, no severing, no cutting action that resulted in the loss of his arm. No reason why durability is relevant. He attempted to be in two spaces at once, and the laws or reality said, "that is not how this works".

Do you see the difference ?

(you don't need to answer this).

Because frankly, if you don't, it's irrelevant. You're still wrong.
    You're talking about a hypothetical starwars battle and I'm talking about Infinity War lol. where Cull's fore arm was clearly chopped off and yes his hand was smoking on the ground and ash was in the air. There's nothing to explain or justify. Anybody can see it for what it is as long as they're not engaging in fanboy histrionics.
    Go google Cull's arm chopped off in IW and a bunch of stuff will come up. I'm not gonna explain anymore. Better yet we seem to have problems communicating with each other so let's just stop.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-14-2018 at 04:56 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

personally, i don't see it as being the same. having your arm cut off by a portal closing on it and having it cut off by a energy sword are two really different things.